I know I am really late with this post. I hope you are all having a great year so far. I can’t believe we are halfway through the month!!!
I spent New Year’s in San Antonio. Love the weather there! Great times there. All I did was eat and watched movies. Yeah, fun times! I also went downtown a few times but only ran twice. It is definitely hard to run while on vacation. How do other people do it?
I got a late start to running this year. My first run was on the 4th but better late than never. To date I’ve ran 58.22 miles. Can I make 100 this month? I hope so. The New Orleans Marathon is less than 2 months and I am excited about it. My goal is to beat my time at the ING Hartford Marathon of 5:25:22. Can I also aim for 4:59:59 or less? Hmm, I’ve heard that New Orleans is hilly but anything is possible right?
So far I am signed up for 5 races. My goal is 20 races this year. I made a calendar of my races and I have 15. Yikes! I need 5 more!! The names in green are half marathon. Miriam at 12 Half 12 Club is aiming for 12 half marathons this year. Awesome right? However, for some reason not enough of them in the Chicago area. I guess I can travel to another state right?
- Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans Marathon: March 4, 2012
- Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle: March 25, 2012
- Chi-Town Half Marathon, April 1, 2012
- Wrigley Start Early 5K/10K, April 21, 2012
- CARA Lakefront 10 Miler: April 28, 2012
- Run to Remember 5K, May 5, 2012
- Y-Me Race at Your Pace 5K, May 13, 2012
- Alivio y Salud 5K, May 19, 2012
- First Midwest Bank Half Marathon, May 6, 2012
- Fleet Feet Sports Soldier Field 10 Mile: May 26, 2012
- Fleet Feet Women’s 5k/10K, July 15, 2012
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago Half Marathon, July 22, 2012
- Oak Brook Half Marathon, September 3, 2012
- Marine Corps Marathon, October 28, 2012
- Philadelphia Marathon, November 18, 2012