1. Today is my last day of Spring Break. I had a great week and am sad that it is over. But today is also payday so that makes it a bit better. Oh and I have two months left of school. My last day is June 11. That means I will not be able to run Ragnar Relay Chicago as I had originally planned.
2. On Wednesday I went to Road Runner Sports to get fitted for a new pair of shoes. I’ve heard so many great things about it and decided to check it out myself. Seriously hands down a great experience. I walked out with a pair of Asics Cumulus 16 and custom insoles. I also signed up for the VIP Family Membership. When I got home I was disappointed because I found out that the membership online is $1.95 (I paid $19.95) and the shoes were $89.95 (I paid $103.95). You bet I am going to go back and get back the difference. I ran a little over 5 miles yesterday and they felt great.
3. Who doesn’t like a challenge? I do but I am not good at keeping up with them. Still, I decided to do the Kettlebell Swing Challenge. I bought a kettlebell on Wednesday at Target and did 90 yesterday. It was not easy but yet still doable.
4. Last week I went to my math class and could not see the board. Now I know I sat in the last row but it isn’t a big room. On Monday I went for an eye exam and sure enough I need glasses. I need them to drive and to watch TV. Now the “problems” I encountered were which frames to get. I narrowed it down to four but then to make a long story short I did not go back in time to purchase them so I ended up going to another store the next day. There I found two that I liked and hopefully will get them on Tuesday just in time for my Wednesday class. Which ones do you think I picked?
5. A few months ago I purchased Yoobi Assorted Color & Glitter Gel Pens 12 Pack. A few of them did not work – the ink must have dried up because I could not write in them. I sent an email to the company letting them know about it and to get a refund. I forgot about it till Monday night when I came home and found a package with an assortment of gel and ballpoint pens. Great service! Yes, it is the little things that make me happy.
So, do you want to do the kettlebell challenge with me?