As you read this post, I’ll be on my way to Seward, Alaska to begin my trip on The Great Alaskan Running Cruise. Follow me on Instagram as I will be posting pictures and some stories during my trip.
As I mentioned last week, I am a BibRAVE Pro Ambassador and one of the perks is signing up for the Chicago Half Marathon and 5k on September 24th. Read along as I list the reasons why I am excited to run the 5k.
1. It will be my first race as a BibRAVE Pro Ambassador. I am grateful to be chosen as an ambassador and excited to run for this amazing group. I also look forward to meet more ambassadors at the race.
2. It is a local race. That saves me time and money. I sleep in my own bed and drive to the race. I’ve run before the half marathon so I am familiar with the course. I love that in this race you run through traffic free Lake Shore Drive.
3. FREE Race Photos. I never buy any of my race photos (too expensive and don’t like how I look – that alone is another topic) but I’ve noticed that I do like the FREE ones. Regardless, whether I like them or not, they’re still FREE.
4. It is a short race. I know people have a love/hate relationship with 5ks. I personally like the distance because it is “only” 3 miles. Doable, right? Sure beats 13.1 miles. 🙂
5. I am hoping to PR! My old PR is from 2011. It is time to set a new one.
6. You get a cool shirt and medal. Love the color red!
Remember, if you would like to sign up, use BRCHI17 to get $15 off the half and $10 off the 5K.
Will I see you at the Chicago Half Marathon and 5k in September?
Do you like/don’t like 5ks?
I’m linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for Friday 2.0.