It is hard to believe that we are close to the end of October and November starts next week. Also, hard to believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Oh, and my birthday is that same week as Thanksgiving. 🙂
I am excited because that same week of Thanksgiving, I only work Monday and Tuesday and then I am off the rest of the week. Thanksgiving is always a time to eat all of the food and spend time with family. It is also time to run in a turkey trot. This year I am looking forward to run the Art Van Turkey Trot in Chicago. I haven’t decided on whether to run the 5K or 8K. It’s been years since I’ve run in a turkey trot. Read along as I list the reasons why I am excited to run this race and why you should too.
1. This race supports the Greater Chicago Food Depository. What better way to start off the day than to help out fellow Chicago friends to ensure they don’t go hungry this holiday season.
2. It is a local race. That saves me time and money. I sleep in my own bed and drive to the race. I’ve never run this race before and am looking forward to runing in Lincoln Park.
3. FREE Race Photos. I never buy any of my race photos (too expensive and don’t like how I look) but I’ve noticed that I do like the FREE ones. Regardless, whether I like them or not, they’re still FREE.
4. It is a short race. There are two options in this race, 5K and am 8K. Whether it is 3.1 or 6.2 miles, those distances are still doable. Right?
5. A cool shirt and medal! New this year is that everyone that crosses the finish line gets a medal. Check out that cool blue color of the shirts! Love it!
6. I get to wear some cool socks! I purchased these socks at the Shamrock Shuffle expo specifically to run a turkey trot. I am excited to wear them on race day.
Remember, if you would like to sign up, use TURKEYDAY2017 to save 10% off any race distance.
Any plans to run a Turkey Trot this year?
I’m linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for Friday 2.0.