Happy Thursday! It was a short week and it felt wonderful. Tomorrow all 2nd graders in my school are going on a field trip to the Museum of Science of Industry. It should be fun and I am actually looking to it! Read along for some of my random thoughts.
• Are you a pet owner and have an Instagram account for your pet? I love my Lola very much and have an account for her. You can follow her HERE.
• I am excited about my new pair of Tieks by Gavrieli but have yet to wear them. My new pair are in my room waiting to be worn. I ordered them in Chestnut because I needed a neutral color that will go with many outfits (I already have a pair in black). The problem now is that I don’t have that many outfits that go with that color. Most of the pants that I wear to work are black or some other dark color and do not go well with brown. I might exchange them for another color. I do have a few skirts that will go very well with those shoes but for now the weather isn’t cooperating and I am not wearing any skirts. Or I can go crazy and not exactly match my shoes with my pants! 🙂
• Spring is around the corner and I got a great deal on sweaters! I had a coupon for 30% off from Kohls and took advantage of it to go shopping. I found a sweater on clearance for $10.80 and with the discount I ended up paying around $7.50. Great deal, right? I wanted more in different colors but couldn’t find them at the store. Instead I went online and ordered 9 additional sweaters. They were $14 but with the discount each one came out to about $10. Love it when stores have big sales like this one.
• Lately I’ve noticed that I’ve been drooling while I sleep. Of course I notice when I wake up (usually because I have to use the bathroom). I know, kind of gross. I don’t think that had ever happened to me before!
• Today we had a practice lockdown. My kids know exactly what to do. It is hard to keep 24 kids quiet in a room. Some talk and others giggle. I had to remind them to be quiet and to sit as comfortable as possible because we had no idea how long we would be in that position (we sit on the floor in a corner with the door locked and all of the lights off). A few minutes later I got very emotional. They did not see me cry. I know it was a practice drill but what if it was real? I know I would do anything to protect them from harm but this whole thing about how teachers should be armed is RIDICULOUS. Just now.
What are some of your random thoughts today?