Happy to know that March is over. It was a LONG month. Three months done for the year. I am on Spring Break and am excited to be relaxing and plan to do more decluttering…or not. I am still looking for a house and now is the perfect time to get rid of stuff that I don’t want anymore.
• Training went very well this month. I didn’t miss any of my runs and pretty much hit all of my paces. The weather wasn’t as horrible as in previous months but it was definitely too cold for March. I think we had one day with a little bit of snow?
• Ran 121.43 miles. I was very happy to see that number. After missing my goal in both January AND February, it finally happened in March. That put me with almost 25% done of my yearly goal.
• Total time running was 23:00. Yikes! That is almost a whole day of running. Pretty cool!
• Ran my first race this year and came close to a PR. I ran the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K and while I didn’t PR, I did better my time by more than 6 minutes. My finish time was 50:03 and last year was 56:26. I’ll take it!
• 22 days of running. I’ve been running 5 days a week and for the most part really like it. My rest days are Monday and Friday which is good because those are the two days in which I am the most tired.
• I had some great quality session workouts. These workouts are my favorite. I love the variety and the challenge. I seriously need to stop doubting myself.
• I have not kept up with strength workouts. I am still failing in this department. Rachel has another challenge for April and I signed up for it. We’ll see how I do.
Overall, I am proud of myself with the work I put in this month towards my training for the Illinois Marathon. It has been a wild training season with many ups and downs. I have my moments of panic and fear which is normal, right? I know I can do this but yet my brain likes to mess with me.
So how did March go for you?
Linking up with Marcia, Patti, and Erika for Tuesdays on the Run.