How is it that we are halfway through the year?
• June was the end of the school year. I also started teaching summer school and that ends this Friday. For the rest of the month, I will be relaxing while also hanging out with family. I have a cotillion on the 14th and then my sister and her husband will be in town for a week.
• Training went very well this month. I am currently training for the ZOOMA Half Marathon in September. There were some decent days but definitely quite a few HOT ones. I’ve been doing my easy runs (3-4 miles) early in the morning before work. If I don’t then I have to wait till 6-7 once it cools down a little bit.
• Ran 104.68 miles. Another month over 100 miles. I am now 47% done of my yearly goal.
• Total time running was 21:15. Not quite a whole day but pretty close.
• 23 days of running. I run 5 days a week and have been loving it. Now I am at the point in my training plan in which I will be running 6 days a week. Last week would have been my first week but I skipped my run on Sunday.
• Getting back to weekly speed workouts. I had some really great ones when I was training during the winter. Still pleased with how I am doing so far.
• Looking forward to 1 race in July. I am running the Elmhurst 4 on the 4th on Wednesday. It is one of my favorite races and I’ve done this race since 2013.
Overall, I am proud of myself with how I did in June. I missed one run and didn’t finish another one. Hopefully July is just as great or better!
Join me on September 15 for an inspiring weekend filled with strong women, yoga sessions, speakers, an exciting expo, and celebrations in an unforgettable resort location. Click HERE to register. The code is valid till July 4.
So how did June go for you? What is the weather like where you live?
Linking up with Marcia, Patti, and Erika for Tuesdays on the Run.