Where did July go? I feel like I just wrote about the end of summer school and still having a few more weeks of summer break.
• July was a busy month with family activities. My sister and her husband were in town and we did something pretty much each day. We went to a cotillion on the 14th and then the rest of the week, we went downtown to Millennium Park and to Lake Katherine, and also visited lots of other family members. Plus, we ate A LOT! I am surprised my pants and shorts still fit.
• Training went well this month. I am currently training for the ZOOMA Great Lakes Half Marathon in September. I did most of my runs but missed 3 long runs and an easy run. We had some hot days but lately it has cooled down and that has made the runs a bit more enjoyable. How many more days till Fall?
• Ran 102.44 miles. Another month over 100 miles. I am now 55% done of my yearly goal. There are 154 days left in 2018 and I still need to run 533.41 miles to achieve my goal.
• Total time running was 21:10:59.
• 21 days of running. With the Hansons Training Plan, I run 6 days a week and so far have been doing OK. I’ve trained before with this plan but lately have been struggling with my long runs on Sunday and the hot days this summer. I’ve forgotten how tired I get using this plan.
• My weekly speed workouts have not been going OK. I’ve been struggling to hit the required paces and that frustrates me. I know the weather is a big factor because I remember during the winter I did so well in my speed workouts.
• I ran 1 race in July. I ran the Elmhurst 4 on the 4th on July 4th. It is one of my favorites and it was so much fun! I have no races in August as it will be all about training for my upcoming half marathon.
Overall, I am proud of myself with how I did in July. I missed a few runs but didn’t stress too much about it. I go back to work on August 20th and I am sort of looking forward to it. 🙂
So how did July go for you?
Linking up with Marcia, Patti, and Erika for Tuesdays on the Run.