• I think my students like me. They know I have a cat and love all cat stuff. They were excited to draw cat pictures for me.
• Have you tried these protein shakes from Orgain? They’re actually pretty good and tasty! I’ve tried vanilla, chocolate, and strawberries and cream. So far my favorites are chocolate and strawberries and cream.
• I’ve said it before and will say it again but Amazon truly has the best customer service. A month ago I ordered some steel cut oats. The school clerk delivered the box to my classroom and I left it there until I decided to take it home (which was a couple of weeks). Recently I ran out of the oatmeal I had at home and decided to open the box from Amazon. Imagine my surprise when I saw that there wasn’t any oatmeal in the box but instead there were 4 bags of gluten free muffin mix. I immediately got in touch with someone from Amazon and I explained the situation. They apologized, issued me a refund, and told me to keep/donate/dispose the muffin mix.
• Feel Good Friday. Another great idea to do with the kids!
• Anyone watched “The Manifest”? The first episode got me hooked! So good. Kind of reminds me of “Lost”. Excited for the new episode on Monday!
• Gotta love grandmas and their grandchildren. When I was a kid, I rarely saw my grandparents. They lived in Mexico and died when I was 18 years old. However, I love seeing my mom and her grandkids. The best!
• I always look forward to the weekend but rarely get to do everything on my list. I make sure to always do laundry, run, and catch up on sleep. Definitely sleep!
• Halloween is next month and I saw some really cute costumes at Target. My cat doesn’t like anything on her and for sure will remove them as soon as I put them on. Aren’t they cute?
• Got this idea from another teacher and did it in my classroom. I had so much fun and the kids loved it. One asked why I did it. I responded that I wanted to do something nice for them. I asked if they liked it and they all responded “Yes!”
• My running clothes stink. I bought this detergent because an ad kept popping up on Facebook. Plus, I was curious to see if this will help remove that awful smell from my clothes. However, only 1 tablespoon? Not sure how I feel about that. Have you used this detergent?
• I purchased some new socks and so far am loving them. I don’t like socks that are thick and have too much cushion. These are soft, thin, but yet still provide enough cushion.
• Cannot believe the Chicago Marathon is less than a month away. I definitely do not miss training for this marathon or any marathon. 🙂 I am surprised that they are no longer allowing hydration backpacks.
• I definitely do not need more bottles of glue. Saw this bottle at Target and couldn’t resist getting it. It is the little things that make me smile. Purple, why not?
• Went to get a mammogram and saw this sign at the doctor’s office. Haha, couldn’t resist taking a picture of it. 🙂
The official season is not here yet but fall weather is here! It feels wonderful running in 60-70 degree weather. Friday evening I went out for a run. I was supposed to run 4 but thought that it said 5 on my training calendar. I felt so good and ended up not only doing negative splits, but running faster than I was supposed to.
Fall is my favorite running weather. I love seeing the different color leaves on the ground. I love the cool weather and being able to run in a short sleeve shirt or a thin long sleeve shirt and still not feeling too hot. I love that I can still run in shorts and not feel cold.
However, I do not like that it gets darker earlier in the day and it gets lighter later in the day. 😉 But still these temperatures are wonderful.
I have a few races coming up soon and I am excited about them!
• Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah. Another new state for me. Honestly, I am glad to finally cross GA off my list. I had wanted to run in Atlanta but somehow couldn’t make it work. Then when Rock ‘n’ Roll had a special back in June, I took advantage of it and registered for this race. The logistics suck (for me). Savannah doesn’t seem like a long way from Chicago but it will take me almost 6 hours to get there (beginning with a 6am flight). Luckily the race is on Saturday so I will be home that same day and have Sunday to recuperate. 🙂 I’ve heard Savannah is pretty and do have a couple of hours to explore before my flight home.
For now that is all I have for the fall. I am kind of excited to train during the winter for Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans. I’ve run both the marathon and the half marathon. Last year I trained for the IL Marathon and had many, many great runs even with the cold weather. Of all of my years of running, I don’t remember running so many days outside during the winter (always used the treadmill when there was snow or “too cold”). Plus, I learned how to dress properly for winter running. Haha. Sounds silly saying it but so true.
What is YOUR favorite season for running? What are your fall race plans?
• My drivers licence expires in November. I received a letter from the Secretary of State that due to my good driving record, I can renew my license and get a new one by mail, phone, or online. Made me smile.
• On Monday I start my reading and writing lessons with my students. The first book we will read is about a family of mice that moves in a new neighborhood and are afraid of the cat. The cat, of course, wants to eat them and is planning his dinner that evening with another cat friend. Cute story. However, why publish a book FOR KIDS with no page numbers? I spent a good amount of time adding page numbers to the pages.
• Got a new credit card! Check out the credit line. I hope I never have to have a need for it and use it.