• August flew by! My mom and I went on a short trip to San Antonio followed by a few days off and then back to work. I have 21 students with a few well behaved students and a few not so well behaved. They talk too much. 🙂 Honestly, I like kids that talk because they know how to communicate and I can have an actual conversation with them. However, there are times in which they need to be quiet but a few keep going on and on. A mom already complained that I am mean and that I yell too much. 🙁
• I have a new running coach. I am currently working with Mary and have had some great workouts. I love it! My favorite have been 6×1 minute and 8×1 minute intervals.
• Bought new shoes. I am a HUGE Brooks fan. I took advantage of the sale on the Brooks site and purchased a few pairs of the Launch 5. However, some styles didn’t work out for me (too stiff) and I sent them back (they have a GREAT return policy!). I also ended up buying the Levitate. These two and another pair of the Launch are in my shoe rotation.
I am eyeing their new shoes that came out early this month – the Bedlam. Love the color but do I need another pair?
• Ran 82.10 miles. I did not meet my goal this month. I am now 63% done of my yearly goal. There are 119 days left in 2018 and I still need to run 442 miles to achieve my goal.
• Total time running was 17:06:52.
• 19 days of running. With Mary I have been running 5 days a week. Sometimes I have 1 or 2 quality sessions (hard and fast workouts) and the rest are easy runs (3-6 miles).
• I didn’t have any races in August. I am excited about 2 races in September – Run Mag Mile and ZOOMA Great Lakes.
• Final Thoughts: Even though August was “low” in mileage, I am happy with how it went. I am enjoying my runs and am happy to be working again with Mary.
So how did August go for you?
Linking up with Marcia, Patti, and Erika for Tuesdays on the Run.