Hello there! We are so close to saying goodbye to 2018. It was another good year for me full of fun times with family and friends.
I like to look back and write about my running stats. I like seeing how I did and think about what I want to change or do different next year. In the summer I started working again with Mary Johnson. I enjoy working with her and love her workouts. Next year I will continue working with her but also want to add yoga and/or strength training. I cannot decide whether to join LA Fitness, CorePower Yoga, or Fit-Results. 😛
For now let’s check out my stats:
⇒ I ran a total of 1,054.58 miles (87% of my goal). Last yearI ran 773.11 miles.
⇒ Time spent running:212:00:10 hours. That’s about 8.83 days running in 2018!
⇒ Number of races:6. See them here. Next year I plan to run a few half marathons in various states and a few local races that I do every year.
⇒ PRs set:0.
⇒ Lowest mileage month: December with45.37miles. Last year February was my lowest with 7.07 miles.
⇒ Highest mileage month: March with121.43miles. Last year July was my highest with 122.12 miles.
⇒Average pace over the course of the year:12:06. Interesting that last year it was 11:56. Not sure what happened here?
⇒ Average cadence: 162. Last year it was 158.
⇒ Shoes: Most of my runs were in the Brooks Launch 4 and 5. But I also did a few runs in the Levitate 1 and 2, Ricochet, Asteria, and PureFlow 7. The Launch is still my favorite running shoe. Currently I have the Launch, Levitate 1 and the Ghost 11 in my rotation. I also have a few more pairs of the Launch 5 in boxes.
⇒ EXTRA: I started running in 2005 but began recording (in an Excel sheet and now a Google sheet) my mileage in 2007. So in 12 years I’ve run 9,959.47 miles. Only 4 years (2013, 2014, 2016, and 2018) did I run over 1,000 miles.
• Merry Christmas! Did you have a great holiday? I did. My sisters and I went to my brother’s house. It was a full house because his wife’s family from Ecuador were there too. We ate, talked, and opened gifts. I was embarrassed because I wasn’t expecting any gifts and left with four gifts.
• I am excited about my new calendar. My sister and I got a calendar from our local laundromat. Inside were coupons for one free wash each month. Hey, it is the little things that I appreciate. 🙂
• Kim and I will be taking over the Tuesdays on the Run linkup. We are very excited about it and hope that you will link up with us. Our first post will be Tuesday, January 8.
• Did you buy any after Christmas decorations. I was at Target at 7am and bought a few ornaments and a couple of stocking holders. But what I really wanted was a cat ornament with lights. There was one but it was for display only. I went back today and it was gone. Either someone bought it or it was taken down since it wasn’t available at the store.
• Anyone saw Mary Poppins Returns? I saw it yesterday and it was such a good movie!!
I am excited to be planning my race calendar for next year. My knee is much better. I took a week off from running and ran a few times last week. It doesn’t hurt to run but do feel some stiffness. But overall it does feel so much better.
So far here is my list:
• Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans, February 10 – I’ve done this race before and have enjoyed it a lot. However, next year I don’t know if I will make it after all. My training hasn’t been going great. I am waiting to hear back from my coach to see if I can still make it or not.
• Missoula Half Marathon, June 30 – Another race in a new state! This race is flat, fast, and point-to-point. The course looks so pretty! Check out the video below. If you want to sign up, use code BibRave19 to save $5 off your registration fee.
• Elmhurst 4 on the 4th, July 4 – This is another of my favorite races. I have done this a few times and always look forward to it.
• Lola is not a fan of Christmas trees. I have a little one and right away she knocked it down. She is lucky she is cute and that I love her. 🙂
This is what I need to do.
• Did anyone take advantage of the $2.95 sale at Bath and Body Works? I was at the mall and casually walked in because I had a $15 gift card. There were so many people and it was because of the sale. I ended up with 5 bottles and only had to pay 86 cents.
• All I want for Christmas is a Peloton bike. Hopefully next year I can get one for sure.
• This made me laugh because my coworkers and I are obsessed with all of the pens and markers. I bought 3 boxes during Black Friday and love them!
• To me holiday/Christmas songs are just songs. They remind me of when I was a kid and would sing them. Now there is so much controversy it is annoying.