• I have a half marathon on Sunday and I am definitely not ready for it. My training hasn’t been great due to plantar fasciitis. My foot does feel better but I am wondering if I should even attempt to run 13.1 miles. My longest run was 6 miles in September.
• On Sunday I met a few friends to spectate the Chicago Marathon. This was my favorite sign. 🙂
• Chicago public school teachers are on strike! I don’t work in Chicago but I definitely understand and support the teachers. Today was day 1 of picketing so who knows how long the strike will last. Our school contract is up next year in June so we’ll also be negotiating for a new contract.
• Can you believe someone ran a 1:59:40 marathon? It is truly AMAZING! I can’t even run a half marathon in that time and to know that someone ran double the distance is unbelievable.
Source: Runner’s World
• Love the new Brooks Running Ghost 12 shoes. I have the 11s and they’re so comfortable! But mine are nicer, right?