How is everyone doing with this crazy weather? I saw on the news yesterday that over 40 states are under a Winter weather alert. At least here in Chicago we get snow and are “ready and prepared” for it. States like GA or TX are not and, well, they are struggling. Stay safe and be careful.
This week’s Tuesday Topic is: What are some of your running pet peeves? You can write about this topic or feel free to post any running related blog post. Remember to link up with Kim and Zenaida! Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!
Here is what I wrote in a previous post.
• Runners that post their pace all of the time (Garmin, Strava, and RunKeeper, etc.)
• Walkers that start in the front of a race.
• Runners that make sudden stops.
• Runners that take up the whole path.
• Dog owners that don’t leash their dogs.
• Runners that blast their music.
• Runners that talk non stop during a race.
Today I am adding a few more.
• Long lines at the port-a-potties.
• Running out of food or swag.
• People that honk or catcall while I’m out running.
• Races that start late.
• People that spit.
• Shoe companies that think they are making their product better, but really they’re not. Don’t change anything!
• Chafing and not realizing till taking a shower.
• An ugly shirt or one that does not fit properly.
• People that do not throw their water cups in the trash can. Stop being lazy.
• Races that do not have a refund or deferral option.
• Spectators with signs saying that I am almost there. No I’m not. Don’t lie to me.
• When I want to hit the pause button on my Garmin and instead hit the lap button.