As you read this post, I’ll be on my way to Seward, Alaska to begin my trip on The Great Alaskan Running Cruise. Follow me on Instagram as I will be posting pictures and some stories during my trip.
As I mentioned last week, I am a BibRAVE Pro Ambassador and one of the perks is signing up for the Chicago Half Marathon and 5k on September 24th. Read along as I list the reasons why I am excited to run the 5k.
1. It will be my first race as a BibRAVE Pro Ambassador. I am grateful to be chosen as an ambassador and excited to run for this amazing group. I also look forward to meet more ambassadors at the race.
2. It is a local race. That saves me time and money. I sleep in my own bed and drive to the race. I’ve run before the half marathon so I am familiar with the course. I love that in this race you run through traffic free Lake Shore Drive.
3. FREE Race Photos. I never buy any of my race photos (too expensive and don’t like how I look – that alone is another topic) but I’ve noticed that I do like the FREE ones. Regardless, whether I like them or not, they’re still FREE.
4. It is a short race. I know people have a love/hate relationship with 5ks. I personally like the distance because it is “only” 3 miles. Doable, right? Sure beats 13.1 miles. 🙂
5. I am hoping to PR! My old PR is from 2011. It is time to set a new one.
EXTRA: 6. You get a cool shirt and medal. Love the color red!
I cannot believe it is already Friday! And to think that we are halfway through the month. I am kind of excited and looking forward to another school.
I had an exciting week filled with good news and some fun and new running products.
I woke up Monday morning to find out I wa selected to be a BibRave Pro Ambassador.
2. As an Ambassador, I have the chance to run the Chicago Half Marathon and 5k on September 24th (I signed up for the 5k). I would have signed up for the half marathon but I am running on marathon on September 3rd and I don’t think I’ll be ready for a half marathon.
3. Do you cringe when you see your running photos? I knew I was an underpronator but seeing pictures is just something else. I was worried that I was wearing the wrong shoes but my friends at Fleet Feet confirmed that I have the right shoes.
4. I love my Oiselle tops and purchased 8 new tops (and some new shorts). They’re gorgeous! And I love running shoes so I bought the new Revel from Brooks. I am supposed to get them today and can’t wait to run in them. I’ve read that they’re similar to the Launch which are the shoes I use.
5. Do you want to get paid to be healthy! Join Achievemint, connect apps, and start earning money. Use THIS LINKto join and we both get 250 points. For every 10,000 points you accumulate, you get $10. I’ve connected it to FitBit, Strava, and Garmin accounts and already made $10. Seriously, you have NOTHING to lose.