1. I got my glasses on Tuesday. I can see, I can see!! I got the top ones. My kids are cute. They told me I look beautiful.
2. I had a great run on Saturday morning. But then it wasn’t so great on Monday nor on Tuesday. I told my coach about it and she reminded me that there will be good runs and bad runs. We all have them. It is weird how a pace I was able to run for 15 minutes last week, I could not do 5 minutes this week.
3. I picked up my mother at the airport yesterday. She is like a bird. She travels south to Mexico for the winter and comes back north when it is warm.
Her flight got in at 6:05 pm. An hour later she calls me. Apparently there were so many people waiting to get through immigration and customs and she had no idea how much longer she would have to be there. I am glad she was able to borrow someone’s phone to call me but I wish the airlines would update people about the situation. I was at the airport from 6pm-10pm.
4. The Boston Marathon is on Monday. I am so excited and can’t wait to watch it. It is definitely my goal to one day qualify for it. I have a long way to go but I am determined to work hard to one day run that prestigious race.
5. My next race is tomorrow-Live Grit 10 Mile. My PR is 1:43:49 from 3 years ago. You bet I want to get a PR tomorrow. Emily and I are planning to run tomorrow morning. She is faster than me so I am hoping she will help me stay on pace and get a PR.
6. In December I (with two other friends) signed up to run 2,015 miles in 2015. As of March 31, we’ve run 411.19 miles and need 1,603.81 to meet our goal. That means we each have to run 534 miles until December. Very realistic right?
When is your next race? Do you have a goal to run a specific number of miles this year?
1. Today is my last day of Spring Break. I had a great week and am sad that it is over. But today is also payday so that makes it a bit better. Oh and I have two months left of school. My last day is June 11. That means I will not be able to run Ragnar Relay Chicago as I had originally planned.
2. On Wednesday I went to Road Runner Sports to get fitted for a new pair of shoes. I’ve heard so many great things about it and decided to check it out myself. Seriously hands down a great experience. I walked out with a pair of Asics Cumulus 16 and custom insoles. I also signed up for the VIP Family Membership. When I got home I was disappointed because I found out that the membership online is $1.95 (I paid $19.95) and the shoes were $89.95 (I paid $103.95). You bet I am going to go back and get back the difference. I ran a little over 5 miles yesterday and they felt great.
3. Who doesn’t like a challenge? I do but I am not good at keeping up with them. Still, I decided to do the Kettlebell Swing Challenge. I bought a kettlebell on Wednesday at Target and did 90 yesterday. It was not easy but yet still doable.
4. Last week I went to my math class and could not see the board. Now I know I sat in the last row but it isn’t a big room. On Monday I went for an eye exam and sure enough I need glasses. I need them to drive and to watch TV. Now the “problems” I encountered were which frames to get. I narrowed it down to four but then to make a long story short I did not go back in time to purchase them so I ended up going to another store the next day. There I found two that I liked and hopefully will get them on Tuesday just in time for my Wednesday class. Which ones do you think I picked?
5. A few months ago I purchased Yoobi Assorted Color & Glitter Gel Pens 12 Pack. A few of them did not work – the ink must have dried up because I could not write in them. I sent an email to the company letting them know about it and to get a refund. I forgot about it till Monday night when I came home and found a package with an assortment of gel and ballpoint pens. Great service! Yes, it is the little things that make me happy.
So, do you want to do the kettlebell challenge with me?