• I get a lot of callous on my right foot. For as long as I can remember, it is always in the same area. It gets very hard and sometimes painful. I’ve been using a callous/corn shaver from Walmart and so far have had no problem with it. It is easy and quickly removes the hardened skin.
• Last weekend was the NYC Half Marathon and I regret not signing up for it. I remember last year I said I was going to sign up for this year. Then when it was time to enter the lottery, I didn’t. For sure next year! I feel like I am missing out.
• I submitted my name in the lottery for the Marine Corps Marathon. I haven’t run a marathon this year (next month) and am already thinking of another one. If I don’t get picked, my backup is The Hartford Marathon. I didn’t know that there were 11,000 guaranteed entries available (Wednesday morning) on a first come, first serve basis. Bummer. If I would have known, I would have signed up.
• One more week till Spring Break! I am very excited. 🙂
• Parent/teacher conferences were on Tuesday. I have 24 students and 22 parents showed up. Not bad. It was a long and exhausting day. However, one parent got on my nerves. I don’t think I’ve ever met him and he didn’t show up at the last conference in November. He had the nerve to let me know of his disagreement with how I handled a situation with his son back in December/January. He also make a comment about how I don’t check every day his reading log. I was very annoyed. But I remained calm. I cannot remember what I said but I just wanted him to leave the room.
Happy Thursday! It is one of my favorite days of the week because that means Friday and the weekend aren’t too far behind. It has been warming up and Spring is around the corner!
• March Madness! I don’t really follow any of the basketball teams but I do like to be included in this whole madness. I have two brackets with two different teams being the winner. Crossing my fingers I win one of them.
• These crazy drivers are ridiculous! Whyare we in a rush to get from one place to the next? Being in a hurry and in a car can be a recipe for disaster. I leave my house around 6:30 am and arrive at school by 7. I take my time and drive the speed limit. Some drivers zigzag to get through faster not really taking in consideration how dangerous that can be.
• What is the purpose of Daylight Savings Time? Monday was tough for me and my students. We were all very tired. Towards the end of the day, I had them put their head down for a few minutes to relax. Then I couldn’t wait to get home but I stayed late to work on lesson plans. Back to DST, I’ve noticed that it is still dark at 6am where before it was a little bit light. I am not liking it. However, I do like that it is still bright at 6:00 pm.
• I am a sucker for Target and Costco. I can never go there and just purchase what’s on my list. I went to Costco on Tuesday for maple syrup and avocados. Then I tried chips and mini tacos and before I knew it, my cart was full of food.
• Got my second pair of Tieks. Originally I had a brownish color (Chestnut) and exchanged them for Leopard Print. Aren’t they gorgeous?
How is it that it is Thursday again? Today is a short week for me. There was no school on Monday due to Casimir Pulaski. Honestly, I don’t know why we have that day off. But, for now I will not complain and enjoy that day off for as long as we have it off.
• How To Get Away With Murder. Anyone watch it? Did you see it last Thursday (S4 E13 Lahey v. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania)? Wow! Annalise (Viola Davis) was phenomenal! I’ve watched that episode twice and will probably see it again.
• Spring Break is 3 weeks away. I am not planning to go away and am OK with it. I actually like staying home. Work is always crazy so this week gives me a chance to relax and take it easy. I am hoping to meet up with friends for lunch or dinner since during the week it is hard for me to do so.
• My first race is on the 25th and I am excited about it. I will be running the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle on the 25th. This is one of my favorite races. I have my shoes ready for this race. Aren’t they adorable?
• Have you heard about the $5 Savings Challenge? What you do is save every $5 bill that comes into your possession. Then after 6 months, 1 year, etc., you count it and use it for whatever you want. I rarely carry cash but still plan to save my $5 bills. I have a Brooks shoe box with an opening on the top. I did tape the side so I wouldn’t be easily tempted to count it or use the cash. 🙂 Yesterday I added my first $5 bill.
• I got $10 from Achievement. It is a FREE app that you sync with other apps such as Strava, Garmin Connect, FitBit and earn points for your activities. When you reach 10,000 points, you get $10. Very easy! I’ve been a member since January 4, 2017 and have already earned $30. You have nothing to lose as it doesn’t require doing anything extra than what you’re probably already doing.
Happy Thursday! Hard to believe it is already March. Time is going by too fast. I am looking forward to Spring and the warmer weather. Seriously, I am tired of this cold weather and the changes brought on by Mother Nature. Now let me tell you about my random thoughts.
• I remember when the duck face pictures were popular. Are they still popular? Do people still do those? Lately I am seeing a lot of photos of people with their mouth open. One, two, and maybe three is OK. But when almost all of your photos are of you with your mouth open. Just no. I find them annoying. Thoughts?
• I did a few Disney races back in 2014. First I did Goofy Challenge because a few of my friends convinced me to do it. Then I did a couple more races that year. I did them more for more. I remember during Goofy people were upset because there weren’t enough characters on the course for pictures. I took a few pictures but to me it wasn’t that important. I know Disney races are more for fun but should people get upset or care about how much time they have to take pictures with characters? Should they really care how many characters are on the course too?
• I’ve been house hunting since November. Still no house. I’ve seen quite a few of them and came close to buying one. Sigh. Now I am getting desperate but at the same time still need to be patient. There was one that I liked and was ready to put in an offer but then found out that someone else had paid cash for it. Man, I need that kind of money!
• I am late to the party here but finally saw the movie “Moana”. I have NO idea why I waited so long. On Sunday I was at a family party and my niece was talking about how her son loves that movie. They played the movie but I didn’t get the chance to see it again. I knew it was available on Netflix so Wednesday evening I sat down to watch it. Great movie! My favorite song, of course, is the one by Dwayne Johnson. I maybe have a secret crush on him. 🙂 Have you seen “Moana”?
• I went to the Laundromat on Sunday and it got me thinking about detergent. I did used a little bit more than required but still nowhere near what the person next to me used. Mine is the top one.
Happy Thursday! It was a short week and it felt wonderful. Tomorrow all 2nd graders in my school are going on a field trip to the Museum of Science of Industry. It should be fun and I am actually looking to it! Read along for some of my random thoughts.
• Are you a pet owner and have an Instagram account for your pet? I love my Lola very much and have an account for her. You can follow her HERE.
• I am excited about my new pair of Tieks by Gavrieli but have yet to wear them. My new pair are in my room waiting to be worn. I ordered them in Chestnut because I needed a neutral color that will go with many outfits (I already have a pair in black). The problem now is that I don’t have that many outfits that go with that color. Most of the pants that I wear to work are black or some other dark color and do not go well with brown. I might exchange them for another color. I do have a few skirts that will go very well with those shoes but for now the weather isn’t cooperating and I am not wearing any skirts. Or I can go crazy and not exactly match my shoes with my pants! 🙂
• Spring is around the corner and I got a great deal on sweaters! I had a coupon for 30% off from Kohls and took advantage of it to go shopping. I found a sweater on clearance for $10.80 and with the discount I ended up paying around $7.50. Great deal, right? I wanted more in different colors but couldn’t find them at the store. Instead I went online and ordered 9 additional sweaters. They were $14 but with the discount each one came out to about $10. Love it when stores have big sales like this one.
• Lately I’ve noticed that I’ve been drooling while I sleep. Of course I notice when I wake up (usually because I have to use the bathroom). I know, kind of gross. I don’t think that had ever happened to me before!
• Today we had a practice lockdown. My kids know exactly what to do. It is hard to keep 24 kids quiet in a room. Some talk and others giggle. I had to remind them to be quiet and to sit as comfortable as possible because we had no idea how long we would be in that position (we sit on the floor in a corner with the door locked and all of the lights off). A few minutes later I got very emotional. They did not see me cry. I know it was a practice drill but what if it was real? I know I would do anything to protect them from harm but this whole thing about how teachers should be armed is RIDICULOUS. Just now.