• While I’ve been enjoying my Spring Break, I am sad that it will be over soon. One week is not enough time. I want two weeks. 🙂 I just realized that as of yesterday the 4th, we have 2 months left of school.
• You know I love Tieks shoes. I have 2 pairs and ordered a pair in Sapphire. Aren’t they gorgeous?
I also want to get one of these. They’re both so pretty but really don’t need both pairs. Or do I?
• Thanks to Facebook I was reminded of the day I completed by first ultramarathon in 2012. I did another one two years later and then stopped. I haven’t thought of doing another one till I got that reminder. Maybe next year? Who knows. For now I want to do well in my marathon this month and in the MCM in October.
• Is it really Spring? It doesn’t feel like it. On Saturday it was in the high 50s and then every day since then has been a different number. Yesterday we got a little bit of snow. I woke up in the morning, saw some snow on the ground, and went back to bed. It melted by the time I went out for my run.
• I was decluttering and found these tights. Man, I think I’ve had them for over 10 years. Not sure why I still have them. I guess the real question is why did I buy them in the first place? I mean, fishnet tights?
• A cat picture just because.
• Pens and more pens! One of my students gives me sweet notes here and there. One day she gave me a very pretty one colored with gel and glitter pens. I made a comment and asked her to bring me a few so I could see the brand. She showed up the next day with the WHOLE SET! Isn’t it pretty? I had fun that day picking different colors to use while grading papers. I might get a small set for me.
•A few students like giving me notes/drawings. They’re so creative and definitely draw better than me. 🙂 They know I like cats and that I have a cat, so they’re always drawing cat pictures. Each one definitely warms my heart because I know they’ve taken the time to do something for me and I love seeing their smile when they give me their drawing. I have so many of them on the wall behind my desk and it brightens my day when I see them.
• Have you seen the Boston Marathon limited edition shoes? I have a pair and cannot wait to run in them. I don’t know when that will be since I am already rotating 4 pairs of shoes.
• How about these Dunkin Donuts Saucony Kinvara 9? I got very excited when I saw these at school on Tuesday (not sure when they were made available for sale). I quickly posted it on Instagram and didn’t think about them again till I got home. I wanted to order them but apparently my size was sold out. I checked again on Wednesday and they’re no longer on the site. Only 2,000 pairs were made and ALL were sold. I wasn’t too upset that I didn’t get a pair. The way I see it is that I saved $110 and I definitely do not need another pair. Right? They’re still very cute.
• Have you tried a Pour Over Coffee Maker? I have a Keurig and a coffee maker. For sure I don’t need this, right? Am I missing on some great coffee?
• The other day I was on Facebook reading about some songs that don’t mean what you think they mean. One of them was “Waterfalls” by TLC. I was in college when that song was out and remember it being a catchy song, but didn’t pay too much attention to the lyrics. Anway, 20+ years later I am finding out that that song is about HIV/AIDS and drugs. What? I had NO idea. I just saw the video and listened to the lyrics. I can’t find the post on Facebook but I was appalled at the comments people left. Some went as far as calling some people “stupid” because they didn’t know the real meaning of the song lyrics. I don’t understand how some people can be so RUDE and going as far as saying things like that. Sometimes I really diske Facebook and don’t check it at all.
• I get a lot of callous on my right foot. For as long as I can remember, it is always in the same area. It gets very hard and sometimes painful. I’ve been using a callous/corn shaver from Walmart and so far have had no problem with it. It is easy and quickly removes the hardened skin.
• Last weekend was the NYC Half Marathon and I regret not signing up for it. I remember last year I said I was going to sign up for this year. Then when it was time to enter the lottery, I didn’t. For sure next year! I feel like I am missing out.
• I submitted my name in the lottery for the Marine Corps Marathon. I haven’t run a marathon this year (next month) and am already thinking of another one. If I don’t get picked, my backup is The Hartford Marathon. I didn’t know that there were 11,000 guaranteed entries available (Wednesday morning) on a first come, first serve basis. Bummer. If I would have known, I would have signed up.
• One more week till Spring Break! I am very excited. 🙂
• Parent/teacher conferences were on Tuesday. I have 24 students and 22 parents showed up. Not bad. It was a long and exhausting day. However, one parent got on my nerves. I don’t think I’ve ever met him and he didn’t show up at the last conference in November. He had the nerve to let me know of his disagreement with how I handled a situation with his son back in December/January. He also make a comment about how I don’t check every day his reading log. I was very annoyed. But I remained calm. I cannot remember what I said but I just wanted him to leave the room.
Happy Thursday! It is one of my favorite days of the week because that means Friday and the weekend aren’t too far behind. It has been warming up and Spring is around the corner!
• March Madness! I don’t really follow any of the basketball teams but I do like to be included in this whole madness. I have two brackets with two different teams being the winner. Crossing my fingers I win one of them.
• These crazy drivers are ridiculous! Why are we in a rush to get from one place to the next? Being in a hurry and in a car can be a recipe for disaster. I leave my house around 6:30 am and arrive at school by 7. I take my time and drive the speed limit. Some drivers zigzag to get through faster not really taking in consideration how dangerous that can be.
• What is the purpose of Daylight Savings Time? Monday was tough for me and my students. We were all very tired. Towards the end of the day, I had them put their head down for a few minutes to relax. Then I couldn’t wait to get home but I stayed late to work on lesson plans. Back to DST, I’ve noticed that it is still dark at 6am where before it was a little bit light. I am not liking it. However, I do like that it is still bright at 6:00 pm.
• I am a sucker for Target and Costco. I can never go there and just purchase what’s on my list. I went to Costco on Tuesday for maple syrup and avocados. Then I tried chips and mini tacos and before I knew it, my cart was full of food.
• Got my second pair of Tieks. Originally I had a brownish color (Chestnut) and exchanged them for Leopard Print. Aren’t they gorgeous?
What are some of your random thoughts today?
How is it that it is Thursday again? Today is a short week for me. There was no school on Monday due to Casimir Pulaski. Honestly, I don’t know why we have that day off. But, for now I will not complain and enjoy that day off for as long as we have it off.
• How To Get Away With Murder. Anyone watch it? Did you see it last Thursday (S4 E13 Lahey v. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania)? Wow! Annalise (Viola Davis) was phenomenal! I’ve watched that episode twice and will probably see it again.
• Spring Break is 3 weeks away. I am not planning to go away and am OK with it. I actually like staying home. Work is always crazy so this week gives me a chance to relax and take it easy. I am hoping to meet up with friends for lunch or dinner since during the week it is hard for me to do so.
• My first race is on the 25th and I am excited about it. I will be running the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle on the 25th. This is one of my favorite races. I have my shoes ready for this race. Aren’t they adorable?
• Have you heard about the $5 Savings Challenge? What you do is save every $5 bill that comes into your possession. Then after 6 months, 1 year, etc., you count it and use it for whatever you want. I rarely carry cash but still plan to save my $5 bills. I have a Brooks shoe box with an opening on the top. I did tape the side so I wouldn’t be easily tempted to count it or use the cash. 🙂 Yesterday I added my first $5 bill.
• I got $10 from Achievement. It is a FREE app that you sync with other apps such as Strava, Garmin Connect, FitBit and earn points for your activities. When you reach 10,000 points, you get $10. Very easy! I’ve been a member since January 4, 2017 and have already earned $30. You have nothing to lose as it doesn’t require doing anything extra than what you’re probably already doing.
What are some of your random thoughts today?