I’ve mentioned that I’ve run over 50 half marathons but have yet to finish one under 2 hours. My half marathon PR is 2:17:01 at the ING Hartford Half Marathon. My goal for my next half marathon at the end February is to finish under 2 hours. Can I seriously do it? It may sound like a lofty goal but at least I can try right? Of course Plan B is to get a PR.
*Week #1, December 7-13
- PLAN – 5 miles all easy effort
- ACTUAL – 5.02 miles @10:26 average pace
Overall, the run felt blah. I’ve felt better during my Saturday runs. Splits are:
Mile 2-11:03<—– Headwind. I stopped a few times to catch my breath.
- PLAN – Cycle Zone and Body Works Plus Abs
- ACTUAL –Cycle Zone and Body Works Plus Abs
Yep, two classes in one day. I almost did not make it to my evening class (and I got there late) because I was so sleepy from my morning class.
- PLAN –2 miles warm up (10:00-10:45), 2 minutes around 8:30 with 3 minutes recovery and repeat until you get 2 miles, then 1 mile cool down
- ACTUAL – 5 miles @11:45 average pace
The sunset was gorgeous and I was bummed I had to do this run at the gym. I actually enjoyed this workout. I did 1.30 mile warmup @11:10 before realizing treadmill was not at 1% so then ran the rest @10:32. 2 minutes run were @8:32, 8:39, 8:39, 8:39, 8:39. 3 minutes recovery were at walking pace. As for cooldown, .50 was @10:55 and .50 @10:32. The 8:39 pace felt hard but not too hard.
- PLAN- 3 miles negative splits
- ACTUAL- 3.02 miles @10:13 average pace
Boom! Done!! Decent weather but very windy. I am taking advantage of this warm weather so I ran in shorts. Splits are:
- PLAN – OFF
- ACTUAL- OFF
- PLAN- 7 miles
- ACTUAL- 7.12 @10:25 average pace
The weather in Chicago has been warmer than usual. I am not complaining at all. I am a 10:30 pacer for the Chicago Endurance Sports Winter Warriors Program and have been enjoying my runs with the group. This was the 4th Saturday pacing the group and each week has been very different weather wise.
Run was going well till the last mile where I walked twice. Just felt really tired. Splits are:
- PLAN- Yoga
- ACTUAL- Did not make to class.
*Runs on treadmill are done on 1% incline.
- I am finally seeing numbers that I like. I definitely feel that I am running faster. Even my former coach, Sara, whom I ran with yesterday made a comment about it. That made me happy!
- Earlier in the marathon training season I ran in the Brooks Launch 2 but had to send them back because they hurt my feet. Well, I found them on sale on Running Warehouse, decided to give them another chance, and ordered a pair. No pain. Love them. So I ordered another pair and should be getting them tomorrow.
- One week before winter break. To say that I am excited is an understatement.