1. The Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle is this Sunday. I’ve ran this race six times since 2006. My best time is 52:18 in 2010 so my goal this year is to PR.
I am not cool about my start time. The actual race starts at 6:30 am. Of course I am not a speedy runner so my start time is at 8:55, Wave 2. Boo. Funny how those in Wave 1 and maybe 2 will be done by the time I start to run.
2. I like Picky Bars. Well, what’s not to like? They’re tasty and have lots of good stuff for us. They’re “real food balanced for sports”. Just this past weekend I became a member of the Picky Club and I got my first shipment yesterday. As a club member I get 18 bars for $37, free shipping, samples of new flavors, a free shirt, and other fun club gifts.
3. I love a good sale. I bought two pairs of Brooks PureFlows 2 for $50 each from Running Warehouse. They still have more pairs available so I think I will purchase a few more or all of them. I love running in those shoes and I don’t think I’ve ever paid $50 for a pair of Brooks shoes.
Today is the first day of Spring! I am sick and tired of the winter here in Chicago. Let’s hope we don’t get any more snow because I don’t want to see it again this year.
1. I entered the Chicago Marathon registration lottery. Cross your fingers I get picked. If I don’t get picked, I won’t be upset about it. I’ve ran this race 3 times but not enough for a guaranteed entry and I definitely do not have a qualifying time (3:15 for men and 3:45 for women). I don’t want to run for a charity. Why? I guess I don’t feel very strongly about running it this year or I would have signed up to run for a charity. In the past I’ve ran for the Y-Me National Breast Cancer Organization and the American Cancer Society. Well, if I don’t run the marathon then for sure I will be spectating. It is so much fun being a spectator.
2. The new date for the ZOOMA Chicago race is Saturday, August 2. Oh and there is also a new location for this race. Make sure to register and use discount code CAMB8 for a 10% discount on either the half marathon or the 10K. Come run with me and the other 14 ambassadors for what promises to be a fun and exciting race!!
3. I am a member of Team Tough Chik and was recently featured on their blog. Pretty cool huh?
1. The winner of the Lock Laces Giveaway is Jennifer Harling. Thanks to all that participated.
2. I cannot believe it is already August 1st. That means less than a month for school to start. I am sort of ready to go back to school. I like new things so I am excited about the new students, principal and assistant principal, writing materials, and three additional 1st grade teachers. The first day of school is August 26. The students’ first day is August 28th. Hopefully I can go set up my classroom on August 19. It usually takes me 2-3 days depending on how early I go and how late I stay. My goal is 2 days.
3. It looks like I’ve been “miscounting” on my goal to run a half marathon in each state. Yikes! I thought it was 21 states but in reality it’s 19 because I ran a full marathon in CT and LA. The plan is to run the ING Hartford Half Marathon in October of this year and the Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans in February 2014.
1. On Monday I went to the doctor for a physical exam. All went well. I mentioned a little bump in my face (close to the cheek) and some minor pain in my knees. She recommended a sports medicine doctor for the knee pain. She mentioned that I am down 11 lbs. from last year. What? I remember last year my mom asked if I was pregnant so I guess I was on the heavy side. Still no word on my blood results to check for diabetes and cholesterol results.
2. Last week at the RnR Chicago Half Marathon expo I purchased the Fitbit Zip. It is a small gadgets that tracks steps, distance and calories and syncs them to my phone. The goal is to walk 10,000 steps each day and yesterday I walked 4,410 steps or 1.92 miles. I am not sure if I should wear it while I run because I also track those miles and I feel like I am double counting. Right? I can’t wait to use it when I am back at school. For sure it will be more than 10,000 steps.
3. I love chocolate and enjoy a protein shake after my workout. After reading Katie’s blog at Live Half Full and mentioning About Time, I just had to try it. I ordered the trial pack (chocolate and chocolate mint) and loved it. I then purchased a container from Amazon. What I love even more are the ingredients. Try it.
Just Keep Running!
1. My new mantra.
2. I like wine and sangria. I found this at Whole Foods and it is delicious!! I’ve also bought de la costa Sangria at Costco (red) and it is also really good.
3. I got these yesterday. I love the color too. I ran 3.15 miles in them this morning and did not feel any kind of discomfort like last time.
Now it is time to rest and hydrate for the RnR Half Marathon on Sunday. It has been scorching hot this week but it is supposed to cool down on Sunday. I hope so.
Just Keep Running!