1. I am finally using my Lock Laces and let me tell you that I LOVE them! Never again do I have to tie my laces again. I remember I had a pair of Yankz but for some reason I did not like them so I either threw them away or gave them to a friend. I hope it was the latter. And because of the Yankz experience I hesitated to try the Lock Laces but am so glad I did. They come in different colors so you can match them according to your shoes color. Mine don’t really match because those came in my June StrideBox but I still like them.
2. Yes I am Disney crazy so I signed up for the TinkerBell Half Marathon in January.
3. Lately I’ve been hearing so much about Aquaphor as an anti-chafing cream. I chafe… A LOT. I’ve been using BodyGlide for as long as I can remember but I still chafe. There is nothing worse than taking a shower and screaming in pain as the water hits that raw area. I found a small Aquaphor tube in my dresser and will try it out and see if it is as good as people are saying.
Just Keep Running!
1. As you probably noticed on the header and website address, I purchased my own domain. It is easier to remember and identifies more with me. So make sure to save this page as one of your favorites: www.seezenaidarun.com It is still a work in progress so if you have comments/suggestions, please let me know.
2. Happy Independence Day! On this day 35 years ago I came to this country with my mother and siblings. It was the beginning of a new life and a new home for me. I am proud to be Mexican but I am also very proud to be an American (I became a U.S. citizen after my 18th birthday). This country has given me so many opportunities. My father brought us here to have a better life and indeed we have. Well, it may not be perfect but it is still a good life.
3. I ran my first non-half marathon race today. Well, not really since I’ve been running since 2005 but lately running only half marathons so you know what I mean. I don’t know why I never ran this race but now I will make sure to do this every year. The race I did today is the Community Bank of Elmhurst 4 on the 4th. Not only was it a fun race but I also got a PR. My last one was in November 2008 with a finish time of 44:28. Today I finished in 41:19 (per my Garmin). Yay! Now I am motivated to run a 5K and see how I do.
1. I’m thinking of moving my blog over to self-hosting and not use blogspot.com (or wordpress.com). I have an idea for the domain name and am in the process of finding out if the same name is available in Twitter and Instagram. But now the problem is whether to use WordPress or Blogger for the self-hosted blog. Any advice?
2. For my birthday last year I received a Keurig coffee maker machine. I LOVE it and is the best thing ever. Recently I came across K-Cups to make iced coffee. It is so good and sweet. I found out today that Dunkin’ Donuts has something similar. I will definitely be making a trip there soon.
3. Thanks to Netflix I am finally watching “Grey’s Anatomy”. I remember some friends of mine were hooked on it but I never bothered watching it. Also, I watched the first season of “Scandal” in one evening (only 7 episodes) and am hooked. Unfortunately, season two is not available on Netflix but someone suggested HuluPlus. I checked and it is only $7.99 per month which is what I pay for Netflix. I might make a switch just to watch “Scandal”. Are you a fan of any of those shows?
Just Keep Running!
1. I do like running on the treadmill. I watch TV and/or listen to music on my iPhone. I like it even more when I need to do speedwork because it keeps me on track. I’ve read in several places to set it at 1% incline. Here is the link to a conversions chart. When I do speedwork I set it at 7.5 (since I am “supposed” to run them at an 8 minute mile) but according to the chart I am actually running them at an 8:20 minute mile. What? I guess I need to crank it up to 1%. However, I recently read a post on Become a Better Runner! from Women’s Running Magazine (tip #21) that states to up the incline to 3%. Yikes!!
2. Last week I saw “Spirit of the Marathon II”. I can honestly say I liked it a lot and found myself a few times in tears. Watching the movie inspired me to run another marathon. I know I’ve signed up for the Goofy Challenge in January but I am not looking at it as a “real” marathon or to PR but more as a challenge since I’ll be running a half marathon the day before and to have fun running through Disney.
3. And something not running related, I am upset that the San Antonio Spurs lost Game 6 on Tuesday. I was really hoping they’d beat those cocky Miami boys. Let’s hope they win today! By the way, did you happen to see that cute little kid, Sebastien de la Cruz, singing the National Anthem at Games 3 &4? Oh my! I am embarrassed to admit that I STILL don’t know all of the words to the National Anthem. I can sing a few words to it and do so at my races but that’s it.
Just Keep Running!
1. Since I am such a crazy runner, I signed up for the Glass Slipper Challenge, February 22-23, 2014. It is not as goofy as the Goofy Challenge. This one is a 10K on Saturday followed by a half marathon on Sunday. Yikes! But it should be fun too! It looks like next year I will complete all of the RunDisney races except TinkerBell Half Marathon because that is the weekend after the Goofy Challenge. Or is it possible to be even more crazy and do both?
2. I am finally on summer break and one of my projects is to organize my medals. Somehow I ended up on PavementRunner‘s blog and he has a post on a DIY medal and bib holder. I am going to try to make something similar so I went to Michael’s and bought a few supplies. My nephew went with me and is going to help me out. It will give him something to do since he is out on summer break too. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
Yesterday I got another medal from Rock ‘n’ Roll. I need a medal holder just for these medals.
3. I received my first StrideBox! Love what it says on the outside box!
Included in the box are:
- Foot Rubz Massage Ball
- Lock Laces
- Anti-Chafe Cream with Tea Tree Oil
- PowerICE (not pictured because they’re in the freezer)
- Electro Delytes
- Skratch Exercise Hydration Mix
I am so excited to try all of these products. Each box is $15 and I think it is a GREAT deal because you get the chance to try some neat running products. Plus can you think of the thousands of uses for that cute box?