1. Tomorrow is the last day of school! Can you tell I’m excited? I have been waiting for this day since my first day back from Spring Break in April. My students will be in class for one hour and then I can leave 20 minutes later. Except, I won’t go home. I need to help tally some survey results for our teacher contract. Then I will head out to pick up my nephew, Ivan, whose last day of school is also on Friday. We have so many exciting things to do this summer. Our first one is Six Flags Great America on Monday. Also, one of my goals this summer is to organize my medals. Do I have enough or what?
2. Last year I participated in my first Ragnar and had a blast! Unfortunately, this year I cannot participate because of school. See #1 above. I am truly jealous of those running it this year. I will be volunteering for it. I am looking forward to being “behind the scenes” and to see the runners in action. I will be at Exchange 35 (Northwestern University) from 6:30 am – 12:45 pm. Not sure what I was thinking in signing up for a shift that early. Oh well.
3. Yesterday was National Running Day and so I ran one mile with my nephew. He is such a cute little kid. He told me no jogging. He did not jog. What did he do? He ran fast, got tired, and had to walk. That was OK. We still had fun. A few years back he did a few small races but now has retired. I am hoping he gets that running bug again.
1. I signed up for another challenge, the Runner’s World Summer Run Streak. The plan is to run at least one mile from Memorial Day through Independence Day (39 days). So far I’ve been running for four days, three loops around the school in front of my house. I have to change up the route because I am getting dizzy from running the same loops.
2. This Sunday is my race in San Diego. So that means not one but two medals!
3. Another perk of running the race on Sunday is an invitation-only to the upcoming new movie “Spirit of the Marathon II”. Very excited about it! Are you planning to see the movie? I know it will be showed at various theaters on Wednesday, June 12.
1. 10 days to go till summer break. My plans this summer are to run, eat, and drink. Also, to relax and not think about work at all. I’m looking forward to spending more time with my 10 year old nephew as well. He is the cutest little thing and I just adore him! We already have a list of things to do this summer.
2. I signed up for the Disney Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge, January 11-12, 2014. The challenge is a half marathon on Saturday and a full marathon on Sunday. Yes, I am goofy. I have not ran a marathon since the Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans Marathon, March 4, 2012. Time to dust off that marathon training plan. If you’ve done this challenge, please send me your thoughts and advice.
3. Do you like Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter? Then you will LOVE MaraNatha Dark Chocolate Almond Spread. They’re both delicious and the nutrition values in both are very similar. The biggest difference is that MaraNatha has less sodium than Justin’s. Try it and let me know what you think.
1. This past weekend I went to Fleet Feet Chicago and bought a Garmin Forerunner 10. It’s supposed to be a simple watch. When I run I only want to know distance, time, and pace. And this watch will give me just what I need. Plus, I fell in love with the color!
2. On Saturday I am off to Portland to run in state #18. It is supposed to rain and check out the elevation map. Seriously?!?!?!?
I received this email below on Tuesday. Yay!
3. I finally took the plunge and took my first bikram yoga class! I can cross it off this list. I have a headache which is probably from the heat. I did like the class but I am not used to the heat. I bought a new student monthly pass so I can go as many times as I want till June 16. Definitely will take advantage of it!!
1. I got my latest medal from the Rock ‘n’ Roll Series.
2. I am participating in two challenges-squats and planks. The planks are not so bad but the squats are BRUTAL. I may or may not sign up for another squat challenge anytime soon. Ask me in a couple of months.
3. I registered today for the L.A.T.E. Ride on June 29th-30th. It is a 25 mile bike ride that goes through various Chicago neighborhoods. Finally another item to cross off this list.