1. I received the email below. The half marathon in Pittsburg was cancelled. Dang, that would have been my race in PA. Luckily, there is another race in Philadelphia in September so I registered for that race.
2. To top it off I also found out that the Cleveland race has been moved from Saturday, October 5th to Sunday, October 6th. What else is Rock ‘n’ Roll going to change? I don’t mind it too much because now I can leave for Cleveland on Saturday and not take a day off on Friday. When I found out I changed my airline and hotel reservation. I had to pay a little bit more for my return flight to Chicago but got a hotel closer to the start/finish line.
3. I’ve read great reviews about the Eugene Marathon that took place last weekend. I wished I would have ran it this year but now I am determined to make my way over there next year. For a great race recap read Kim’s at (Just) Trying is for Little Girls.
Just Keep Running!
1. Finally done with school. Time to travel, run, and have fun. Enough said.
2. I am leaving this afternoon to Madison, WI for the Ragnar Relay. When I joined the team I was Runner #2. I was responsible for running the following: 4.5 (Moderate); 4.4 (Moderate); and 6.2 (Hard). Not bad right? Well, I found out Sunday that now I am Runner #6 and have to run, ready….10.9 (Very Hard); 3 (Easy); and 5.8 (Hard). Gulp! I don’t mind too much running 11 miles but very hard? I really, really hope they’re not very hard at all. On a good note, I found out that “Runners who run leg 6 at the Ragnar Chicago have something extra to be excited about – besides conquering the longest leg on the course. Be prepared to receive a special gift from Pacifico as you finish Leg 6!” Free beer for a year? I hope so!!
3. I am debating whether to run the Women’s Half Marathon in Minnesota on August 26, the Philadelphia Half Marathon on November 18, or The Space Coast Half Marathon in Florida on November 25. Decisions, decisions. Have you done any of these races? What did you think?
1. I have 7 days left of school (last day is Tuesday, June 5). Well, maybe 6 since we are going to the Museum of Science and Industry the day before our last day. I am so excited! This has been my most difficult year with my students. I’ve had so many problems with them. I am hoping that next year is better.
2. Once school is done I will be doing a Ragnar Relay from Wisconsin to Chicago. I am excited and nervous too. This will be the first one I do and have no idea what to expect. I’ve met with one of the team’s captains and she explained a few things for me. There is another meeting in June to meet the rest of the team and discuss final details. I need to review my packing list and make sure I have everything.
3. In mid June I will hike at Yosemite Mountains. I purchased a 3 day camping adventure from San Francisco. It will be definitely be an exciting adventure. I hope I can keep up with the walking since this trip will be a few days after the relay race. If I get too tired I can always head back to the tent for a nap. 🙂