I spent 2 days setting up my classroom and was exhausted! My classroom is ready. I just need a few more things to finish up like labeling their lockers, mailbox, job responsibilities, etc., but I will be ready on August 26th. We have two Institute days and they students’ first day is on the 28th.
My Peloton bike was delivered on Tuesday afternoon. Isn’t it beautiful? Even Lola is checking it out. I thought the bike would have toe cages like the ones at the gym and I would be able to use my running shoes. Wrong! After going back and forth with a few people that also own a bike, they convinced me to get cycling shoes. Thanks Amazon for the fast delivery! It took me some time to figure out how to clip in and out. 🙂
This week I ran 3 days for a total of 11 miles. Tuesday was a planned rest day but then woke up very tired on Wednesday and Thursday so I decided to rest those days too. I made a mistake and thought my mother had a doctor appointment on Friday. Nope, her appointment was on Thursday. I was angry because I couldn’t believe I made that mistake. Ugh, the next available time slot isn’t till September 16th.
The plan on Saturday was to run 8.5 miles. I had a great run last week and really thought I could have another great one yesterday. It was humid and I wasn’t feeling it. I did enjoy running along the lakefront and seeing many friends.
This morning I did my first Peloton ride. It was 20 minutes Glaciers & Rocks Scenic Ride. It was fun and I was very sweaty at the end. I need to buy a small fan to have nearby.
So that was my week. I didn’t do much running but I am OK with it. This week should be less hectic so I am hoping to run more days.
Linking up with Kim and Deborah for the Weekly Run Down.
• I saw this on Facebook and not sure what to say. Kindergarten teachers are supposed to teach kids how to tie their shoes? Umm, shouldn’t parents do that?
• Excited to plan for Hawaii next year. I was supposed to go 10 years ago but cancelled because I was hired as a new teacher and had to go to orientation.
• This made me sad. I have seen so many little ones struggling to make friends and it breaks my heart. I tell my students to be nice to everyone and to always include their classmates if they see them by themselves.
• My Peloton bike was delivered on Tuesday. I didn’t plan correctly since I need cycling shoes to use it. I ordered some on Amazon and am supposed to get them today.
• Another Lola picture because she is cute. I don’t think she likes that the bike takes up so much of “her” space in the living room.
One guess as to what is my favorite brand of running shoes? 🙂 I have worn Mizuno, Newton, Nike, Asics, and Saucony but have been wearing Brooks for all of my runs and races since abot 2017.
This week’s Tuesday Topic: Do you have favorite running shoes and why? You can write about this topic, or feel free to post any running related blog post. Remember to link-up with Kim and Zenaida! Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!
Right now I have the Ghost 11, the Levitate 1, the Launch 5, and Launch 6. I like them all and have another pair of the 5 and 6 in boxes. I wear the Launch 5 for my speed workouts and the others I rotate on my easy runs. Why do I love them? I won’t get all technical on you but the main reason is that they’re soft and comfortable. I also like how they fit. Each pair has plenty of cushion and provides ample support. Black shoes are nice but why not get them in wild colors?
I’ve also worn the Glycerin, PureConnect and the PureFlow (another one of my favorites). The PureConnect and PureFlow are no longer available. << Correction: The Pure Flow are still available. I just realized that I had a pair of the 6 but sent them back because they hurt my calves. The only “bad” thing about them is that they had to be replaced every 200 or so miles.
The PureConnect 2 was a lightweight shoe but yet provided plenty of support. I remember running the Goofy Challenge in those shoes.
The PureFlows were perfect. I loved, loved these shoes. At one point I bought 4 pairs of shoes from Running Warehouse. I think I paid about $55 for each pair.
For sure I will continue to wear running shoes from Brooks. Right now I buy my shoes from Running Warehouse and love it more when the shoes are on sale. Running Warehouse provides free shipping and have a great return policy.
Are you a Brooks fan? What running shoes do you wear?
The days are going back too fast! I like it but then I don’t. We had some great weather this week and I ran 22 miles. Big improvement from last week! 🙂
I deleted all of my records from my Garmin watch. Feels good to see some new records! I went from a 11:24 fastest mile to a 10:50. I am confused about the 10:50 record because I don’t see it in the mile splits from yesterday’s run.
I also got new records for a 5k and a 10k. It is the little things that make my day.
I love my 4 mile runs. Slow and easy since I don’t worry about pace. I tried to do a speed workout on Wednesday but had to stop because I ran out of time. My next one is on Wednesday and I plan to do 6×800.
My run on Saturday was PERFECT. In the morning I had coffee and an Orgain Organic protein bar before heading downtown. I also drank some UCAN on the way. The weather was gorgeous! I felt great too! I didn’t feel sore or tired. Honestly, I haven’t felt this way in a long time. The heel of my left foot was a little sore but then I foam rolled when I got home and it was better. Again, I cannot believe how great I felt yesterday!
I know I’ve written about issues with my mother’s medical coverage and it looks like we have it all straighten out. For some weird reason her Medicaid medical coverage (County Care) was cancelled. I thought she didn’t have medical coverage and freaked out! We were told to go to the Public Aid office and apply again. We went on Thursday and I learned a couple new things. She does have medical coverage. What was cancelled was the long term care which pays for medical supplies and a caregiver. What we need to do now is pick a new medical plan for her. Some options are Aetna, Blue Cross Community, Cigna, and Humana. After that visit, my sister called the Department of Aging and we were able to get a caregiver and medical supplies. Cross your fingers we don’t have any more issues with it.
Beginning tomorrow is when I can start setting up my classroom. This was my view on Tuesday when I went for a meeting.
My classroom is 104. My classroom is on the right side of the hallway so as my kids enter the building, they’ll be on the right side of the hallway and easier for them to get to the classroom. You probably think it is silly but when you have that many students trying to get inside in the morning and after lunch, this definitely helps.
This year we have a new GE classroom for a total of 5 second grade classrooms (3 GE and 2 TR). What is nice is that the teacher in the new classroom is someone that I’ve worked with before and the transitional teacher I will be working with is someone that already works in our school. Due to some changes, her 1st grade TR classroom isn’t available anymore and she moved to 2nd grade. It looks like we will have a GREAT year! I still have 17 students in my roster so I hope that number does not change.
Linking up with Kim and Deborah for the Weekly Run Down.
• I do my laundry on Monday. This week I went on Sunday with my mom because I knew I wouldn’t be able to go on Monday. It is always weird when I see other people’s machine and the amount of detergent they use. My machine is the one on the left. It looks like I don’t use any at all. 🙂
• Monday afternoon I met a friend for lunch at The Purple Pig. Ha, even the name is interesting. My friend lives in Dallas and the last time I saw her was in November I’ve known her since college and she is am amazing and wonderful person. We had cheese, calamari, steak, and wine. For dessert we had chocolate cake.
• I know I’ve mentioned the high cost of traveling by plane. I was looking for tickets to go to Mexico in December and holy cow! Do you think these will be cheaper next month? I really want to go since it’s been years since I’ve been there for Christmas but cannot justify paying that much money.
• This made made me laugh. I know these meetings sometimes are out of their control but still many times they’re unnecessary.
• There is an app called Resy that allows you to book restaurant reservations. My friend told me about because she wants to eat at Tiffany’s in New York. Well, I was shocked when I got an email to let me know that I could book one for that day. Ugh, if only I lived in NY. I would like to get a reservation for in 2-4 weeks so I have enough time to make travel plans. I think it would be cool to eat there.