A great week! Ran 6 days for a total of 20.91 miles. The last time I ran 6 days was in March after the Atlanta Half Marathon. I did feel tired (need to go to sleep earlier) but luckily most of my runs were at an easy pace.
I tried a new product. The taste isn’t that great (I have lemonade). It is a combination of carbohydrates, electrolytes and BCAAs to help with rehydration and muscle building after long and/or intense workouts. Has anyone else tried it?
The highlights of my week was my workout on Thursday and my long run on the Lakefront. Last week one of my workouts was 2 sets of 3 minute intervals. The first set was positive splits but the second set was negative splits. I did the same workout on Thursday and all intervals were negative splits. I could not believe it when I saw my splits. I remember that I felt tired that morning and did not want to get up. 🙂
Saturday morning I got up at 4:45 am to get ready for my long run. I was excited because I was going to the lakefront. Ugh, it was so humid. I ran but also walked when needed. I stopped a few times to take pictures. I was just happy to be there. Average pace was 12:33 with 11:56 being my fastest mile. Overall I am pleased with how it went.
Does GU go bad? I took one yesterday and afterwards I realized that it didn’t taste good. I know it doesn’t taste that good anyway. I could not find an expiration date and honestly cannot remember how long I’ve had it.
Linking up with Kim and Deborah for the Weekly Run Down.
• Corn with mayonnaise, cheese, butter, chili, and lemon juice is just the best. My neighbors across the street sell it and it is so good. I don’t buy it all of the time. I know it isn’t healthy but sometimes I do crave it.
• Haha, not me. I know we are supposed to go back to school in the Fall but who knows exactly how that will look like. Masks and social distancing in the school and in a classroom is hardly realistic. We’ll see how it goes.
• I don’t remember the last time gas price was this low.
• How is is that next week it will already be July? We will be halfway through the way. And what a year it has been! Hopefully the rest of the year will go smoother. On Friday Illinois will be entering Phase 4. I am still not ready to get out there unless it is necessary. I will wait a bit longer.
• How great is this idea? Makes me want to do something similar for our school.
Happy Tuesday and welcome to another edition of Tuesday Topics!
This week’s Tuesday Topic: What’s on your Summer bucket list? You can write about this topic or feel free to post any running related blog post. Remember to link up with Kim and Zenaida! Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!
This summer will definitely be different! We are entering Phase 4 on Friday but I don’t think I am ready yet to venture out. However, I am hoping to enjoy my Summer Break and check off a few things off my list.
→ California Coast 500. I signed up with this virtual race with a few other BibRave Pros. With this challenge I had the option of signing up to run 100, 250, 400 or 500 virtual miles this summer from LA’s Santa Monica Pier to San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge along California’s idyllic Highway One. This challenge runs from June 8-September 7. I signed up to run 250 miles and as of this morning I’ve run 40.5 miles. I still need 205. 5 miles to go.
→ Declutter. I have accumulated many boxes to help with this project. Right now they’re in the back porch. I’ve cleaned out the pantry and part of the kitchen. The place I was planning to take my donations only accepts them on Friday. I need to call and double check so I can make a trip this Friday.
→ Move. I’ve been talking about this for how long? I really want to move this summer or sometime this year. I do like where I live but I need more space. I want a house with a small apartment for my sister so she can have her own kitchen and space. I know what I want but just haven’t found it. I am going to wait till June 30th which is the end of teacher contract year before I make a decision. <
→ Not get sick. I am doing the best I can to avoid contracting Covid. I go out to do a few errands but mostly have been staying home.
→ Continue talking to friends and family via Zoom. It isn’t really my favorite thing to do but I don’t have much of a choice. Would I like to get together with them? Of course. I know it isn’t the same but I am still enjoying these conversations. One of my friends lives in Texas and the rest of us are in Illinois so it is nice to see all of us together in one place.
Not a very exciting list. 🙂 It will be interesting when I go back to school in the Fall. For now I am not going to worry about it.
A good week! Ran 5 days for a total of 20.91 miles. Pleased with how this week went.
Wednesday’s workout was 2 sets of 3×3 minutes with 90 seconds recovery. I did this later in the evening. I thought about doing it the following day but I realized that if I did, I would lose the RunBet Challenge. Talk about motivation! 🙂
My first set was all positive splits but the second one was all negative splits. I will confess that I did stop my watch to quickly catch my breath. Then I kept going. It still counts, right?
On Saturday I ran my longest run since the Atlanta Half Marathon in March. It was tough. It was the first day of summer and it was HOT. My overall pace was 12:36 and I thought that was pretty good since it was hot and an easy run. It was fun running around my neighborhood seeing all of the graduation signs.
I’ve mentioned that I have way too many pairs of shoes. I knew it was time to wear a new pair and could not decide between the Ghost 12 (NYC Marathon) or Launch 7 (Brave like Gabe). I checked out what other pairs I had and found the Launch 5 Tie Dye. Yes, Launch 5. I bought these in Denver when I ran the RnR Denver Half Marathon. I wore them 3 times and then put them aside since at that time I was running in a different pair.
I saw on Facebook that the lakefront will be open tomorrow. It’s been months since I’ve run there so I am excited to go there. I won’t be able to make it tomorrow but my plan is to go on Saturday for a long run. I did get annoyed that they mentioned joggers instead of runners. Isn’t it the same thing?
This week was my first week of Summer School. It is going well with my 16 kids. On a daily basis, about 13 or 14 log in my Google Meet session. I like them all a lot. They’re smart and excited to learn. I made a postcard for them and was ready to mail it yesterday but the envelopes I had ordered were the wrong size. I ordered more and should get them today.
Summer is not my favorite season for running. I prefer Fall. I will try not to complain too much about the weather. I do need to make sure to get out there before it gets too sunny and warm. 🙂
Linking up with Kim and Deborah for the Weekly Run Down.
• Summer school is going well. I have 16 students and almost everyone participates in our daily Google Meet session. The students are also very respectful and well-mannered. They say “Buenos Dias”, “Gracias, maestra”, and “Que tenga un buen dia, maestra” (Good Morning; Thank you, teacher; Have a good day, teacher. Many students use “maestra” since they rarely call me Ms. Arroyo). I rarely hear this from students and it makes me feel good when I hear this now from my students.
• I came home from my run and Mateo was waiting for me. He loves being outside. Everyday he meows and stands by the door until one of us lets him out.
• So many graduations this year and no way to celebrate. Sigh. We’ve had several caravan parades to honor these graduates. Plus, there’s been a few birthdays. It’s been fun but of course it isn’t the same thing.