• Saw this on Facebook and will be trying it out for my room. Has anyone made it?
• Mateo and Lola have simply destroyed the Halloween house I bought for them.
• One of the things that irks me at school is the incorrect translation of English to Spanish. I saw this today in one of the programs my kids use and I got so annoyed. The correct word is moneda de cinco centavos but yet we see the word “nickels”.
• I was this close to crying again this week. How is it that we’re only in October and I am already feeling so stressed out. Every morning I am rushing to get things done and then at the end of the day I feel like I didn’t get anything done.
• The Chicago Marathon is less than 2 weeks away! I am not running it but am excited for those that are and am looking forward to spectating. I’ve run this race a few times and have always loved it.
This week’s Tuesday Topic: Who are some of your favorite running/fitness athletes and why? You can write about this topic or feel free to post any running related blog post. Remember to Link-up with Kim and Zenaida! Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!
So many people rave about these sandals. Last month BibRave had an opportunity for BibRave Pros to test them and I quickly signed up. I was so happy when I received the email letting me know I was selected. Then the countdown began for the sandals to arrive.
So what do I think about them? They’re strong and durable. They’re very comfortable. Let me repeat that again….THEY’RE VERY COMFORTABLE. I’ve been wearing them every single day. Even my mom likes them. I swear that these sandals along with a sleeve, inserts, stretching, and foam rolling have helped with my plantar fasciitis.
Even Mateo likes them and wants a pair in his size!
Here are a few facts about Oofos: OOfoam recovery technology absorbs 37% more impact than other footwear foams. OOfoam impact absorbing recovery technology has been scientifically proven to reduce stress on your body while walking, allowing you to recover faster after a workout and feel better all day. The footbed is designed to cradle your arches and move with your feet, which allows for a more natural feel. They are easy to keep clean as they are machine washable. They offer free ground shipping and free returns on every order. They also have an awesome rewards program. Head over to the Oofoos Rewards Page to check it out for yourself and start earning points right away!
If that didn’t convince you to get a pair, how about this? Did you know that OOFOS donates 3% to the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute from EVERY PAIR OF OOFOS on oofos.comYEAR ROUND?? This is not just a promotion they do for a month or so and it’s not specific to only the Project Pink line. They make a 3% donation from EVERY PURCHASE on oofos.com. They do this so they can make more substantial contributions to the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute on a regular basis. That’s a pretty cool commitment, isn’t it?!?
Cancer sucks. We’ve all been affected by breast cancer in some way. My sister was diagnosed with it in her late 20s almost 30 years ago after her youngest was born. She has gone through radiation, chemo, and a double mastectomy. Luckily, she is alive and grateful to see her kids grow up. She has two grandchildren and is also happy to spend time with them.
So what are you waiting for? Go on and order a pair or two. Be sure to check out the Limited Edition styles just in time for the NYC Marathon, Chicago Marathon, and Marine Corps Marathon.
Remember, that with each purchase OOFOS donates 3% to the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Fall! I LOVE it! It is my favorite season. I ran on Monday morning which felt GREAT. However, I did not took one single picture which is weird because I take a picture at almost every run. But I swear I did run. 🙂
I stayed late at work on Tuesday but still did a 45 minute workout on the Peloton. I finished just in time to shower and watch “NCIS”. Anyone a fan? Did you see Ziva?
Wednesday was a half day at school and our Open House. I had planned to run in the morning but woke up too late. The day dragged with meetings. The last meeting was the worst and we were happy when it was finally 4pm. Then we had to go back to school to finish setting up for our Open House.
I was very disappointed with that evening. I have 16 students. Many reminders were sent to parents. Yet, only 3 of them showed up. One showed up at 8pm just as I was turning off my Promethean board and the Principal was making an announcement that Open House was over. The mom told me that they had been at the school earlier but her son did not tell her his classroom number. Umm, what?!?!? I was very ANNOYED.
I was exhausted Thursday and Friday. Yeah, no time to run in the morning either. I did not stay late after school either and left right at 3. I did feel better by Friday evening and was in bed by 9:30pm.
Saturday morning I woke up early to catch up on blogs and Instagram. But my little guy had a different idea.
Then they both went back to sleep.
I went out to run 3 miles. I did get a little cold and had to go back inside for a long sleeve. Luckily it has stopped raining but it was drizzling just a little bit. I found a penny!
In the afternoon I watched “Rocketman” and “Yesterday”. I enjoyed “Rocketman”! It was a great movie. I didn’t know anything about Elton John (except that he had some great songs). I would love to see him in concert.
Sunday morning I ran 6 miles. I struggled during this run but got it done. Hard to believe that my half marathon is in 3 weeks. Yikes! I had another Garmin record but do not see it in the summary from today’s run.
Have you seen Elton John in concert? If not, let’s take a road trip. Even if you have, let’s go!
Linking up with Kim and Deborah for the Weekly Run Down.
• Late to the party here but I am LOVING my Oofos. Seriously, where have these been my whole life? These are the best sandals on Earth and I think they have helped me recover from plantar fasciitis.
• Mateo is simply adorable. I cannot get enough of him. I love him!!
• My kids are struggling with identifying coins and counting how much money they have in total. I remember I had these and put them on the wall. So far it has helped them in their assignments. It really makes me sad how much they don’t know. I don’t expect them to know everything but how can they not know currency?
• Haha, I want this doll. But in a brunette, please.
• Any fans of NCIS? I saw the season premiere on Tuesday and cannot wait for the next episode. ZIVA IS ALIVE!!!!
Hey there! It is Tuesday again and time for another fun topic to discuss. I am actually excited about this one and hope that you still like me after reading my post. 🙂
This week’s Tuesday Topic: What are your running or race pet peeves? You can write about this topic or feel free to post any running related blog post. Remember to Link-up with Kim and Zenaida! Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!
Time to rant!
• Runners that post their pace all of the time. Maybe I am jealous because I will never be fast like them. I know some people that post their Garmin AND Strava paces after each run. I know someone that will just post her “fast” time. Seriously? No one cares about your pace but you. That reminds me that I need to stop posting it in my blog too. 🙂
• Walkers that start in the front of a race. I’ve been in a few races in which I’ve crossed the start line and immediately see walkers. Now, there is nothing wrong with walking in a race but shouldn’t they start at the back of the race?
• Runners that make sudden stops. There’s been a few times in which I am running and the person in front of me decides to stop to either walk, fix their shorts, or tie their shoelaces. Move to the right side!
• Runners that take up the whole path. Ugh, so annoying. Sometimes the path isn’t wide enough so we have to run either single file or by twos. Yeah, some people think they own the path.
• Dog owners that don’t leash their dogs. I know I am a cat person but do like dogs. However, I don’t like it when I am running and there is a dog with no leash and its owner is nearby. I dislike it even more when said dog runs towards me. I don’t care that it is a small dog or that he is friendly and won’t bite me.
• Runners that blast their music. I wear headphones so that only I can hear the music. I hate it when runners run with a small radio so that everything around them could hear it too. Just no.
• Runners that talk non stop during a race. You know how I feel about talking while running. But must you need to talk throughout the whole race?
Haha, I have quite a few. Are any of these YOUR pet peeves or am I just a weird person?