• It is even more weird to go to the laundromat. Of course there are fewer people there but now you can’t even sit down. My sister told me that the bathroom door is locked and you can’t use it anymore. While I do understand the reason behind it (sort of), this setup does bother me.
• It will be almost a month since our stay at home order in Illinois. Does it really feel like a month? To me it doesn’t. Right now it is supposed to end in two weeks but I am almost positive the Governor will extend it.
• I ordered a thermometer from Amazon and received it on Tuesday. However, I didn’t realize it when I placed the order that it gives the temperature in Celsius. I contacted the seller to send it back and below is what I was told. Would you keep it or send another email to Amazon to get your money back?
If you prefer to get a Fahrenheit value, after you get the result, you can go and search on google the Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion, then enter a Celsius temperature to get the Fahrenheit value.
• I am not a big fan of Cinco de Mayo but this made me laugh. I wonder how people are going to celebrate it? 🙂
• So far this week of Remote Learning/Distance Learning is going well. On Monday I was ready to pull my hair out. I put in lots of hours getting things ready for the week. It paid off because the rest of the days went better. I did have a lot of questions from parents which I expected. Tomorrow is a PD day for us so it should be interesting.
Happy Tuesday! Welcome to another edition of Tuesday Topics. I know a few Major World Marathons (Boston, and London) were postponed to the Fall. With the updated schedule it looks like most of them will take place so close to another another. Do you want to run any of the World Major Marathons? Let’s discuss!
This week’s Tuesday Topic: Do you want to run any of the World Marathon Majors? Why or Why not?You can write about this topic or feel free to post any running related blog post. Remember to link up with Kim and Zenaida! Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!
This is the schedule of the upcoming marathons.
Boston Marathon: Monday, September 14, 2020
BMW Berlin Marathon: Sunday, September 27, 2020
Virgin Money London Marathon: Sunday, October 4, 2020
Bank of America Chicago Marathon: Sunday, October 11, 2020
TCS New York City Marathon: Sunday, November 1, 2020
Tokyo Marathon: TBD
From the list above I’ve only run the Chicago Marathon. If you have not run it, please do so because it really is a GREAT race. The Chicago Marathon was my first marathon in 2006. I started running in 2005 and did a few short races before signing up for the marathon. I don’t remember how the idea came to me to run it but I do remember having doubts and talking to a friend about it. I said to her “Do you think I can do it?” She replied “Yes, you can do it”. This was Memorial Day Weekend and I signed up that weekend.
This year I entered the lottery for the New York City Marathon but was not selected. I’ve heard so many great things about this race and hopefully I’ll get a chance to run it. Even if I’m not selected, I would love to spectate it.
Another race on the list that I would like to run is the Boston Marathon. However, the thing is that I would have to qualify for it. In a few more years I will be entering a new age group and will need a 3:55 finish time. But even that finish time still won’t guarantee me a spot. Would I run it if I got a free bib? ABSOLUTELY!! Most likely I will never qualify so if I get a chance to run then I will take that opportunity given to me.
The other races don’t interest me that much. I think it is because of the International travel. I know it is petty. But maybe in a few years that might change. Once I finish my goal of running a half marathon in each state, I will be looking for a new goal.
What about you? Would you like to run any of the World Marathon Majors?
How was everyone’s week? This week I ran 5 days and did one Peloton workout on the bike. Pleased of how it went. Tomorrow it will be one month since I’ve been in school and seen my kids. These past couple of week have been interesting and challenging.
Mother Nature couldn’t make up her mind because the weather was just weird this week. It will chilly one day, 70s and humid another day, and then cloudy and also sunny days.
On Tuesday it was warm and humid. I ended up running in a tank top and shorts. Later that day I went to school to get a few things from my classroom. It felt so weird being there. The hallways were empty and had an eerie feeling. The best thing I picked up was my calendar so I could hang in my office. Now I can see it everyday and know the day of the week. <
Thursday run didn’t go well. I set off to run 4 miles but the wind was just too much for me. I went home. I think I was just emotional because as soon as I turned around to go home, I started crying. Nothing wrong with it but not sure if it is because of everything that is going on or because it is that time of the month.
Later that day I had a PD day/meeting with my coworkers. The Principal talked what is expected from us for Remote Learning. I also had separate meetings with my team. At the end of the day I felt even more anxious and overwhelmed. It feels like we have more work to do for school now than when we were in the classroom. The biggest change for me is making office/work hours and sticking to them. I want students and parents to contact me for any questions but I cannot be writing to them all day. Beginning tomorrow the District requires us to have 5 hours available each day for parents, students, and to collaborate with my team. I have also posted a message in Google Classroom. Let’s hope it works out for everyone and that it goes well.
Have you seen those pictures and videos of teachers participating in a parade for their students? We did that on Friday. I will admit that I was on the fence about going. But I knew it would feel good to get out and do something fun. It was so much fun. There were so many parents and students waving at us. I did see a few of my former and current students. That made me very happy.
By Friday I had had enough of Facebook and I deactivated my account. I had already deleted the Instagram and Twitter apps from my phone. I got tired of many people being judgemental and posting mean comments. Everything is either an argument or political. Yes, I could have ignored everything being said but it was just too much for me.
Saturday I ran 6.10 miles for the Uncanceled Project. Ugh, I have no idea how I got my numbers mixed up but I needed .10 miles for a 10k. It still counts right?
♥ no one else gets sick. There are just too many right now. ♥ that there is a vaccine available soon so more people don’t get sick or die. ♥ soon we can meet up with family and friends like before. ♥ that I will see my students one more time before the last day of school. ♥ that I can stop being so sad and angry and continue to be my half self. 🙂
The next theme is a fun one. It is “Humor”. With everything that is happening right now, we do need more things to make us laugh.
You’d think that being home now I have more time, right? I have no idea where times goes. I am doing my best to read as many posts as possible and to respond to each comment. I get it done even if it is on Friday or Saturday. 🙁
Linking up with Kim and Deborah for the Weekly Run Down.
• Oh how I miss going to Target just to go and browse.
• It is the weekend all of the time.
• This made me laugh. Yep, I’m not going anywhere.
• I’ve been looking at this image so many times and see 19 of the number 3. Is that the correct answer?
• On Tuesday I went to school to pick up a few things from my classroom. It felt weird being there knowing that I won’t go back till maybe this summer. One of my coworker’s student gave me this. I brought it home with me because it makes me smile. Makes me feel good knowing that another student in a different class cares about me.
Welcome to another edition of Tuesday Topics. This week we’re talking about what do you do with your race medals. I am excited to learn what you all do with them because mine are in a box.
This week’s Tuesday Topic: What do you do with your race medals? You can write about this topic or feel free to post any running related blog post. Remember to link up with Kim and Zenaida! Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!
I’ve run 168 races and I’ve received a medal for almost every race. I am sure I have over 100 medals. There are a few races that in the beginning no medal was given (Shamrock Shuffle). Nowadays even a 5k gets you a medal!
Right now the majority of them are in a box. A few years ago (June 2013) I began making some holders.
Over the years I accumulated more medals but didn’t make more holders for them. That is why I put them in a box. I know I could have bought holders but told myself to wait till I had more room/wall to hang them. I am still waiting for that day. 🙂