• Shrimp cocktail is simply the best! Recently I was in San Antonio and went to El Bucanero with my sister and mom. It may look small but it was filling. We talked about how we are going to make it at home and I am looking forward to it! By the way, I LOVE, LOVE, shrimp.
• If I had $100, I would buy a pencil sharpener for my classroom. Every classroom needs a good sharpener. My coworker and I have been checking one out on Amazon. The cheapest we saw it was around $60 and now it is over $140. We regret not buying it when it was $60.
• How can cats sleep so much? Is this the laziest cat or what?
• A friend of mine let me borrow his Apple Airpods. At first I was skeptical about it. I thought for sure they would fall out while running. He assured me they would not and he was right! I bought my own pair and am excited about it.
• While in San Antonio my sister and I talked about shows we’ve watched or are watching on Netflix. She brought up “Frasier”. I remember watching it and also remember the ending. I started watching it from the beginning and it is just as funny as I can remember. 🙂 🙂 I like that each episode is about 22 minutes so I can go through a few of them in a day.
• Isn’t this cute?
• So true. I definitely need the one on the right.
• How do you like your steak? I could go for #3 and maybe the next one..on the right. Please don’t unfriend me. 🙂
• I went to set up my classroom and it is almost done. I can say it is about 95% done. Feels good to be almost done. Some other little things will be done when I go back on the 20th. I also need to work on my library and a substitute teacher folder.
• Have you tried this cream cheese? It is so good.
I am excited to be training for the ZOOMA Half Marathon on September 15. I am also excited to share that I will train using the Hansons Half Marathon Method. In a nutshell, this training is based on the concept of cumulative fatigue. You train your body to run often so that you are frequently running on tired legs. The idea is to run this way so that during the last miles of a race you are prepared to push through the final miles.
Week #10, July 30-August 5
M Did not run
W Ran 4.00 miles
TH Ran 5.00 miles
F Ran 5.00 miles
S Ran 2.00 miles
S Did not run
Tuesday was the last day in July and I ended it with running 102.44 miles.
I almost skipped my run on Wednesday but then realized that I didn’t run Monday nor Tuesday. Decent weather and got some negative splits. I ran in a new pair of shoes – Brooks Launch Levitate.
I set out again early in the morning for 5 miles on Thursday and Friday. Felt pretty good on both days.
Then Saturday it was awful. I wanted to do 6 miles but only managed 2. I went out too late and got too hot. I was also very tired and just could not keep going. Total time running was 27:24 for an average pace of 13:41. Sunday morning I woke up late and didn’t have time to do my run. I did some errands, went to do laundry, and then picked up my mom to meet my nephews for a late lunch.
Oh man, I am in trouble with these long runs. I thought for sure it would be a better week since we had some cool weather.
Another week training for the ZOOMA Great Lakes Half Marathon. It wasn’t that great but it wasn’t that horrible. On Thursday I am going to San Antonio with my mom to visit my sister and nephew. It is supposed to be even HOTTER over there. Not sure how I am going to get my runs done. Not sure if I even want to run. 🙂
Total mileage for the week: 16.00 miles
Total mileage for this training cycle: 231.11 miles
Total mileage for the year: 682.46 miles
Here’s how training has gone so far:
Week 1 and 2
• I received a email from my Principal that I can start to set up my classroom next week. While I am excited about this, it means that summer break is almost over and it will be time to go back to work.
• Where did this summer go? It went by so FAST!
• Remember the Brooks PureConnect shoes? These showed up in my Facebook Memories. I loved these shoes. The 2nd version was even better.
• All this back to school stuff has got me thinking about a Cricut. It is a cutting machine that you can use to make and decorate many things things. No more buying letters, cutouts, etc. for the classroom. With this machine you can make all of that and MORE. They’re almost $300, but if I can get multiple pairs of Tieks, I can get this too. 🙂
Where did July go? I feel like I just wrote about the end of summer school and still having a few more weeks of summer break.
• July was a busy month with family activities. My sister and her husband were in town and we did something pretty much each day. We went to a cotillion on the 14th and then the rest of the week, we went downtown to Millennium Park and to Lake Katherine, and also visited lots of other family members. Plus, we ate A LOT! I am surprised my pants and shorts still fit.
• Training went well this month. I am currently training for the ZOOMA Great Lakes Half Marathon in September. I did most of my runs but missed 3 long runs and an easy run. We had some hot days but lately it has cooled down and that has made the runs a bit more enjoyable. How many more days till Fall?
• Ran 102.44 miles. Another month over 100 miles. I am now 55% done of my yearly goal. There are 154 days left in 2018 and I still need to run 533.41 miles to achieve my goal.
• Total time running was 21:10:59.
• 21 days of running. With the Hansons Training Plan, I run 6 days a week and so far have been doing OK. I’ve trained before with this plan but lately have been struggling with my long runs on Sunday and the hot days this summer. I’ve forgotten how tired I get using this plan.
• My weekly speed workouts have not been going OK. I’ve been struggling to hit the required paces and that frustrates me. I know the weather is a big factor because I remember during the winter I did so well in my speed workouts.
• I ran 1 race in July. I ran the Elmhurst 4 on the 4th on July 4th. It is one of my favorites and it was so much fun! I have no races in August as it will be all about training for my upcoming half marathon.
Overall, I am proud of myself with how I did in July. I missed a few runs but didn’t stress too much about it. I go back to work on August 20th and I am sort of looking forward to it. 🙂
So how did July go for you?
Linking up with Marcia, Patti, and Erika for Tuesdays on the Run.