Doesn’t it seem like January dragged? I know it was a long month and I was on Winter Break the first week, but still. I started off the new month with a cold. Then once I felt better enough to run, I fell. I took a few weeks off to recover and recently started running again but on the treadmill.
MONDAY: 4 MILES
Mateo couldn’t understand why I was up so early. He is funny.
WEDNESDAY: 5.01 MILES
I ordered some new Oiselle shorts and couldn’t wait to wear them. Aren’t they cute? They’re my favorite shorts for running. I started watching the Aaron Hernandez series while running and it is so good.
THURSDAY: 3O MINUTES PELOTON This time I did the Lady Gaga Ride. Just what I needed after a stressful day at work.
FRIDAY: 3 MILES
Again at the gym to run 3 miles. The plan was to run on Thursday and rest on Friday. My legs were sore from Wednesday’s run so I didn’t run. I know last week I “complained” about not having a treadmill at home, but now it isn’t THAT bad. A few people reminded me that at least I have access to a treadmill. So true. I am getting the hang of it. I make sure I have all of my stuff for running and for work since I shower, get ready at the gym, and then go to work. Oh, I also need to take my breakfast and lunch with me too.
I finished the month with 20.50 miles. January was not a kind month but I am still pleased with my mileage.
SATURDAY: 5.75 MILES I couldn’t run in the morning because my sister had a training to go to downtown and I had to stay with my mother. I caught up on reading blog posts (so sorry for responding so late). I finally headed out to the gym around 4pm. A friend suggested I watch “Money Heist”. I did and I like it. For now there are 3 episodes and I watched half of them.
This made me laugh. I didn’t even notice it until someone made a comment on Strava. I was on the treadmill the whole time.
How was your week? Any other shows to watch on Netflix? Someone suggested Grace and Frankie. I am looking forward to the new season of Narcos Mexico which will be available on February 13.
Linking up with Kim and Deborah for the Weekly Run Down.
• Anyone watching the Aaron Hernandez series on Netflix? I started watching it on Monday and it is so good. I remember years ago hearing about him but didn’t pay too much attention to him.
• What other good series are there on Netflix? I have a feeling I will be done with the Aaron Hernandez series this weekend and need something else to watch while on the treadmill. Suggestions?
• Yeah, this is how I am feeling too.
• The Shamrock Shuffle is one of my favorite races. I am looking forward to this race in a few weeks. Interesting story about the Green Guys.
• I have an entry in the lottery. I submitted mine months ago when I entered the early drawing but was not selected. Tomorrow is the first day to enter through the regular lottery. I am also going to enter the lottery for the Marine Corps Marathon. I hope to get picked for one of these races.
I love to read. I don’t always make time to sit down and read a book, but when I do, I could spend a few hours reading a book. I also like to read books to my students. My favorite are the ones from Dr. Seuss!!!
This week’s Tuesday Topic: What was your favorite book you read last year?You can write about this topic or feel free to post any running related blog post. Remember to Link-up with Kim and Zenaida! Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!
For some reason I am fascinated by John Grisham’s books. I have a list of all of his books and check it off when I am done reading a book. I did skip a few that were not about lawyers. Currently I am reading “The Rooster Bar” and am liking it so far.
I don’t know exactly how many books I read last year but here are a few that I enjoyed. They’re listed in no specific order.
1. Becoming It took me a long time to finish it. Once I was done, I felt like Michelle was my BFF. I loved learning about her and her family. She is someone I would love to meet!
2. I am not your perfect Mexican daughter I think I read this in 2018 but read it again last year because a few of my cousins were talking about it and wanted to discuss it. The book made me sad, angry, and happy. I loved the story but loved even more that I could relate to it.
3. Chicken Soup for the Soul-Running For Good Who doesn’t love these books? I enjoyed reading the stories from runners talking about their struggles, goals, and accomplishments.
4. Living with a SEAL I read this book in 2018. Hilarious book. I would not last one day living and training with a SEAL.
I love this Dr. Seuss quote. I always say it to my students.
What book(s) are you reading? Any John Grisham fans?
Happy Sunday! How is it that another week went by? Hard to believe that it is already the last week of January.
This week was all about getting back to running. Ha, it wasn’t easy. I’ve mentioned how well I’ve been sleeping and waking up in the morning hasn’t been easy for me. Yes, I could go after school, but sometimes I am either tired, have a meeting, or running errands and seriously running is the last thing I want to do. I know, excuses. Also, left knee still does not feel 100% better.
MONDAY: 45 MINUTES PELOTON
Cody is the man! I love him! The music was all 80s pop which is fantastic and makes the time go by faster.
WEDNESDAY: 1.22 MILES
I went to Blink after school. It is about 1/2 mile from my house so it is perfect. It was going well until I got some discomfort in my left knee. It doesn’t hurt throughout the day so I am not sure what is going on.
THURSDAY: 2.00 MILES
Went in the morning before work. Goal was to run longer than the day before. Took a few walking breaks and felt good too. We got more snow too!
SUNDAY: 3.23 MILES Went to Planet Fitness today. The treadmills there are the ones that also have a scale. So weird. I alternated between 4.5 and 5.0 on the treadmill while running 3 and 4 minutes. Felt good and overall was pleased with my run.
I know I should be happy that I have access to a treadmill at the gym, but I hate having to haul my stuff to shower and get ready there to go to work. I want to be able to get up, change, drink some coffee, and start my run. Many times I wished I had one at home but realistically I have no room for it. My sister told me that I can move the sofa to make room for it, but I live on the 2nd floor and the constant pounding will be a major headache. I used to live on the 3rd floor in a condo and I had a treadmill for about a week. Every time I would run, it seems like everything there was shaking. I am sure the building shook too! I took it back. For sure adding that to my list of things to buy when I move.
How was your week?
Linking up with Kim and Deborah for the Weekly Run Down.
• I am a good driver. I usually do not speed and try to obey the rules of the road. However, it does make me crazy when others don’t. The other day I was on the left lane and there were a lot of cars in that lane. Other drivers thought it would be a good idea to go around me and then merge into my lane. Ugh, so annoying!
• I have a race in KS in April and then will be flying out to Boston to spectate the marathon on Monday. I looked into flights and they’re ridiculously high. I wonder if it will be cheaper to fly home and then fly to Boston? Or I could just get on the last flight and arrive in Boston at 12:35 am.
• So true but many times so hard to believe.
• This made me laugh! I guess I don’t like to talk to people. So many texts last year.
• My handsome little guy. Two things he loves to do: Eat and sleep. Just like me. 🙂