• This made me laugh! Seriously the last thing we want to do is go to a meeting much less stay longer than necessary. I need to go set up my classroom!! 🙂
• Another Facebook memory. This was for a running cruise to Alaska two years ago. You can read about it HERE.
• Have you tried these? They are delicious. I bought a package for my nephew and he finished it in a few hours. Well, he gave me 1 or 2 cookies to share.
• I was supposed to run the RnR Chicago Half Marathon on Sunday. I didn’t because my coach advised me not to run because I have plantar fasciitis. Well, maybe it wasn’t meant to be because my name wasn’t on the list of participants anyway.
• I may be banned from ordering more shoes from the Brooks website, but that didn’t stop me from ordering another pair from Zappos. How cute are these?
Hey there! How is everyone doing? How is it that it is already Tuesday? Also, another week and a half and it will be August. Yikes!
This week’s Tuesday Topic: What’s on your running playlist? You can write about this topic, or feel free to post any running related blog post. Remember to link-up with Kim and Zenaida! Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!
Running with music is something runners either like it or don’t. I actually enjoy running with it but don’t mind running without it. I have a playlist that is only for running and a few of my favorites are listed here.
Thanks to my Amazon Prime membership, I have access to many “free” songs. I also have various playlists that I play depending on my mood. However, with Prime there are some songs that still require an Amazon Music Unlimited membership ($7.99/month for a monthly subscription or $79/year for an annual subscription. Non-Prime customers pay $9.99/month). Personally I think it is a lot of money. Anyway, a few weeks ago I received a great offer from Amazon and you bet I signed up. Now I have access to many more songs that I didn’t have before.
I created a new running playlist with some new songs both in Spanish and in English. I won’t list all of them bust just a few that I enjoy listening to.
I am obsessed with the video too.
Remember this one? I wonder if one day we will dance the Macarena again? 🙂
Some in Spanish that makes me want to dance.
I like a mix of different types of music. Is there a song you listen to all of the time? For me it will be “Girls Like You” by Maroon 5. During the school year I will play that all of the time in the morning before the kids came in.
Also, just a friendly reminder: 1.) Make sure to comment on both hostesses’ posts.
2.) Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!
3.) Mention you are participating in this linkup and use the Tuesday Topics Linkup badge in your post.
4.) Provide a link back to each host as well.
5.) Most importantly, if you don’t play nice and are not able to follow the rules, your post will be deleted from the linkup. Thank you!
What is the weather like where you live? For us in the Chicago area it was another hot week. It cooled down a bit on Thursday because it rained but then midday it was hot again. Then Friday and Saturday were just brutal HOT. It is summer after all. 🙂
My mom came home with me on Sunday because she had a doctor appointment on Monday and an eye doctor appointment on Tuesday. Both doctors are close to where I live so it made sense to have her stay with me.
Monday morning I ran 4 miles. I accidentally stopped and saved my run at .39 of a mile and didn’t realize it will about 1/2 mile later. I am not sure how that happened. I did keep running to complete my run.
At the doctor’s office we found out there were some changes to her medical benefits and therefore could not see her doctor. Somehow her current doctor is not in the network and she was assigned to a different one located downtown. Anyway, since it was early and we were still hungry, we went to eat breakfast.
I was told to call County Care and have them switch her back to her current doctor. I didn’t call and instead went back and forth via email and some phone calls to another clinic where I was told that her doctor is in the network. I also found out that County Care does not pay for medical appointments. Medicare pays for those appointments. Finally I was on the phone with someone from the clinic and County Care and I think we got it straightened out. She has an appointment on Wednesday. Cross your fingers we are not turned away again.
On Tuesday we went to the eye doctor. My mother had cataract surgery 5 years ago. She has some trouble seeing clearly with her right eye. The doctor said there is a wrinkle (?) in her right lens and a minor laser procedure can fix it. We scheduled an appointment for next Friday. Later that evening my cousin invited us to his house for enchiladas.
Wednesday morning I ran 5 miles. It was warm but not too bad. It helped that it was cloudy. Later on I took Lola to the vet for her yearly checkup. She is healthy but has lost some weight compared to last year. It was just a few ounces and was told to take her back in 6 months. Not sure how she lost weight since my sister and I always make sure she is fed. I hope it isn’t anything serious. Obviously she does not like going to the vet and as soon as we got home, she hid under the bed and was there for the rest of the day..until dinner time. 🙂
Oh, and my mother made enchiladas again. 🙂 That evening I took her home. I am glad she stayed with me. It was a change for her and it gave my sister a break too.
It rained all morning on Thursday. I must have been really tired because I slept in a bit and felt really good. No running for me because I met a coworker for breakfast. Her mom had been in the hospital and nursing facility since February and came home about a week ago.
It cleared up in the afternoon and it was hot again. I knew I still had to run and waited till after 8 to go outside. It was like an oven. I managed 1.5 miles. I wore my Koala Clip and was very happy with it. I did notice that my phone did get a little wet. Perhaps I didn’t close it correctly? Who knows but I still liked it and best of all there was no bouncing and it did not move.
I also went to the doctor to have him check out my left knee and foot. The bottom of my left foot started bothering me during the Missoula Half Marathon. Then again last weekend when I tried to run 10 miles. I suspected it was plantar fasciitis (thanks Google) but still wanted to be sure. The doctor did say it was plantar fasciitis, along with knee bursitis and patellar maltracking (my kneecap moves a bit and makes a clicking and scraping sound when I bend my knee). My knee does not hurt..just my foot. He gave me some exercises to do and a prescription for physical therapy (along with a recommendation for a gait analysis). He also told me to wear a knee support brace, but only when I run, and reminded me to stretch and foam roll. I thought for sure he was going to tell me to stop running. 🙂
When I suspected that I had plantar fasciitis, I bought these massage rollers from Amazon. Wow, they’re amazing!!!
On Friday I meet a few BibRave Pros at the RnR Chicago. I got excited when I saw Kathrine Switzer and one of my favorite Brooks shoes.
Then I meet the Pros for dinner at City Winery West Loop.
Saturday evening I decided not to run the half marathon. I went back and forth with my coach about my knee and foot. She advised me to take a few days off from running and instead to focus on cross training activities. I am to let her know Monday afternoon how my foot feels. Let’s hope I can get back to running soon.
Have you ever had plantar fasciitis? Suggestions on how to treat it?
Linking up with Kim and Deborah for the Weekly Run Down.
• Anyone else likes Portillo’s? The closest one is about 5 miles away (definitely not far). I love their french fries. My regular order is a cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato and large fries. Yummy!
• This is why I trip and fall. Haha! I must be extra careful. The last time I fell was last month.
• This made made me laugh! Lola is never starved so I don’t know why she is waiting for her food. No, she doesn’t eat at the table.
• Bought this book for my students. Part of me cannot wait to read it to them but I am very happy to be on summer break.
Happy Tuesday! How is everyone doing? How many days till fall? Please bring me some cooler weather.
This week’s Tuesday Topic: What’s a great new running product that you’ve tried this year? You can write about this topic, or feel free to post any running related blog post. Remember to link-up with Kim and Zenaida! Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!
I haven’t tried anything new this year but am very excited to try two new products on Sunday for my race. I know, I know, I am not supposed to try anything new on race day. It is going to be HOT on Sunday so I am planning to do this race as a training run. No pressure. I like it! 🙂
• BibBoards – I always use my Fitletic belt in a race. It has pockets to hold my ID and gel. It also has toggles for my bib. I first heard about BibBoards as a BibRave Pro but was not interested in trying them out. Now a few months later I am interested. There is a great sale going on right now and I purchased two sets for $8.99 each (regular price is $16.99). How do these work? BibBoards are bib fasteners. “BibBoards have a flat smooth surface that will not chafe. A second piece works by pushing part of the garment into a recess, providing a secure fit. When the event is over, they pop off. BibBoards can be reused, and their special shape holds down a bib MORE secure than without the fuss or holes.” (Source: https://bibboards.com/) The nice thing about these is that you don’t need safety pins hence no holes in your race shirt. There are so many different and fun designs to pick from. I had a hard time deciding but ended up buying the two below.
• Koala Clip – Another new item I am excited to try out is the Koala Clip. It is a pouch that holds your phone, keys, ID, etc. It has a magnetic clip that you clip inside your sports bra. The Koala Clip does not chafe nor does it bounce. It also keeps the items inside dry so no worries if you get wet. I’ve heard so many great things about it and cannot wait to get it. I ordered it Sunday night, was shipped on Monday and should get it on Thursday. The blue one is the one I ordered. Check out the video to learn more about it!