Have you ever ran 10 nautical miles? Neither have I. It is actually 11.5 miles and this distance fascinates me. I LOVE half marathons and have ran quite a few of them. On August 25th I will be running the 3rd annual Fort2Base Race (11.5 miles). The race will start in Fort Sheridan and end at Naval Station Great Lakes. There is also a 3 nautical miles (3.45) race for those that want to run a race similar to a 5K.
Why should you register for this race?
- You are guaranteed a personal best if you have never participated in a 10 nautical mile or 3 nautical mile race before
- It is the only event open to the public on Naval Station Great Lakes this year
- Lots of food, music, and entertainment for the whole family
- Finisher medals for both events handed to you by an officer in the military
- Brand new course for both distances
- Lots of FREE parking
So what are you waiting for? Sign up today and join me to run along scenic and beautiful North Shore. It will be a fun race and you won’t be disappointed!
Just Keep Running!
I ran it last year and it was fun. But I have another half marathon scheduled that day.
This sounds cool! I'll look into it.
Glad to hear it was fun. I am looking forward to it. Boo but great on your other half marathon. 🙂