1. Just two more weeks till summer break! Am I excited? You bet! My plans include to continue training for the Chicago Marathon, take one class and work part time. I know, I know, nothing really exciting.
Last week I got my official teaching assignment for next year. I will be moving on up to the second floor to teach 2nd grade. I am very happy about that move. I’ve taught 1st grade for 5 years and am ready for a change.
2. On Sunday, May 25, several ZOOMA ambassadors and I met at Waterfall Glen for a fun run. And it was so much fun! There will be more opportunities to join us on these runs. For more information about the race on August 2 and to learn more about upcoming fun/training runs, visit the ZOOMA website.
- Saturday, May 31, 9:30am, Universal Sole, 1333 E. Benton Place, Chicago, IL (Chicago Training Kick off)
- Wednesday, June 4, 6:30pm, Athleta 3415 N. Southport, Chicago, IL
- Thursday, June 5, 6:30pm, Old Plank Trail at Wolf Road and Rt. 30, Frankfort, IL
- Wednesday, June 11, 6:30pm, Athleta 3415 N. Southport, Chicago, IL
- Saturday, July 12, 9:30am, Universal Sole, 1333 E Benton Place, Chicago, IL (10 mile training run)
I ran with my Camelback Marathoner Vest. Ha, wasn’t so difficult to fill it up with water but I did have a little bit of trouble actually drinking from it. Luckily one of the girls I ran with told me what I was doing wrong so now I know the correct way to drink from it. I plan to run a few more times with it before I write a full review about it.
3. Please check out Kelly the Culinarian’s Vermont City Marathon Recap. She ran a marathon in March with a 15 minute PR and then ran again this past weekend and got a 25 minute PR. Her goal is to BQ. “Next year, I want to come back and Boston Qualify. When you cut 25 minutes off in two months, shaving off another 14 in a year seems feasible.” So true and CONGRATULATIONS Kelly!
As you know, to BQ is also one of my goals. My current marathon PR is 5:16:53. That means I need to cut a little over 1 1/2 hours. Yikes! I am confident that one day I will get there. It might not be this year and probably neither the following year but I will get there.