1. Today is my last day of Spring Break. I had a great week and am sad that it is over. But today is also payday so that makes it a bit better. Oh and I have two months left of school. My last day is June 11. That means I will not be able to run Ragnar Relay Chicago as I had originally planned.
2. On Wednesday I went to Road Runner Sports to get fitted for a new pair of shoes. I’ve heard so many great things about it and decided to check it out myself. Seriously hands down a great experience. I walked out with a pair of Asics Cumulus 16 and custom insoles. I also signed up for the VIP Family Membership. When I got home I was disappointed because I found out that the membership online is $1.95 (I paid $19.95) and the shoes were $89.95 (I paid $103.95). You bet I am going to go back and get back the difference. I ran a little over 5 miles yesterday and they felt great.
3. Who doesn’t like a challenge? I do but I am not good at keeping up with them. Still, I decided to do the Kettlebell Swing Challenge. I bought a kettlebell on Wednesday at Target and did 90 yesterday. It was not easy but yet still doable.
4. Last week I went to my math class and could not see the board. Now I know I sat in the last row but it isn’t a big room. On Monday I went for an eye exam and sure enough I need glasses. I need them to drive and to watch TV. Now the “problems” I encountered were which frames to get. I narrowed it down to four but then to make a long story short I did not go back in time to purchase them so I ended up going to another store the next day. There I found two that I liked and hopefully will get them on Tuesday just in time for my Wednesday class. Which ones do you think I picked?
5. A few months ago I purchased Yoobi Assorted Color & Glitter Gel Pens 12 Pack. A few of them did not work – the ink must have dried up because I could not write in them. I sent an email to the company letting them know about it and to get a refund. I forgot about it till Monday night when I came home and found a package with an assortment of gel and ballpoint pens. Great service! Yes, it is the little things that make me happy.
So, do you want to do the kettlebell challenge with me?
Love random Fridays!
I’m both sad and excited to see Spring Break go bye-bye. It’s just been one lazy day after another. 😛 And hooray for new shoes!
I’ve never wrote one of these but found myself with many things to write about. I am kind of excited to get back to my routine.
Both glasses look great on you! I’m going to save the challenge image and do it after I have the baby.
Thanks Sara! I went back and forth with the glasses and finally decided on the top ones. The challenge is no joke. I did 100 this morning and am very sore already.
I like both pairs of those glasses on you! Why not get both? It’s nice to have a spare pair, just in case.
I had the same pricing problem when I went to RoadRunner myself, and I also got a refund. I’ve definitely found that things are cheaper online in general. So I’ll get fitted for running shoes in person but then buy the shoes online later.
Yay for the Gel Cumuluses! They look so pretty!
Thanks Emily! Since I don’t need them all of the time, I decided not to get two pairs. I hope I don’t regret it.
I did not finish my response. I think it is annoying and weird that prices are not consistent online and at the store. I did go back and got a refund but I was annoyed that I had to drive again to the store which is not the easiest place to get to with traffic. 😡😡
I am happy that the shoes worked! Bummer about the wonky pricing though 🙁
So far they are working out for me. Took them on a 6 mile run without any complications. I still need to experiment with socks since I have a bunion and all shoes tend to rub in that area and then it hurts. The whole price thing is annoying. Why can’t it be consistent online and at the store? I did go back and got a refund.
Love this post! That kettlebell challenge looks super challenging!! I can’t believe you have to do 90 on the first day! And I had no idea road runner sports was actually a store, I thought they were only online! I will have to try to go there next time I’m in Chicago!
I know! It was hard to do 90. It is getting “easier”. The store is pretty cool. It is located on Kingsbury and has a parking not which I like.