*Week #1, October 5-11
- PLAN – OFF
- ACTUAL – OFF
- PLAN – 3 mile warm up (11:00-11:30’s), 1 mile at 10:00, 1 mile at 11:00, 1 mile at 10:00,
walk 5 mins cool down
- ACTUAL – 6 miles @10:16 average pace
I don’t remember much about this run except that I did really good. Splits are:
- PLAN –25 minutes on spinning bike (10 minutes warm up then alternate 3 minutes fast with 5 easy)
- ACTUAL – 26 minutes on spinning bike
This seriously was the last thing I wanted to do. But I went to the gym and before I knew it, it was time to go.
- PLAN- 3 miles and 10 strides
- ACTUAL- 3 miles @9:57 average pace
The plan was to make it to a fun run with Bart Yasso hosted by Eddie Bauer. I stayed too late at school and knew I would not make it on time for the run. Plus, I did not want to deal with traffic heading to the north side of the city. I did this run by my house. It was weird knowing that it was my last run before the marathon. Splits are below:
Yes, negative splits!!
- PLAN – OFF
- ACTUAL- OFF
- PLAN- OFF
- ACTUAL- OFF
I did make it to a fun run hosted by Runner’s World and Fleet Feet Chicago. I did not run but went to see Bart Yasso, Sarah Hall, Josh Cox, and Deena Kastor.
The rest of the day was spent relaxing in bed. I love how Lola loves to hang out with me.
- PLAN- Chicago Marathon
- ACTUAL- Chicago Marathon in 5:21:17 finish time
What a race! Love, love this marathon.
*Runs on treadmill are done on 1% incline.
- I chafed pretty bad during the race that it hurt more to walk because of it than from the actual race. I am doing much better now but wow it was painful.
- My goal was to PR (5:16:53) but that didn’t happen. I know I shouldn’t rely too much on my watch but according to it I ran 27.64 miles. Now, I know in all of my races it is always a little off but never this much. Another friend posted his time and distance and his came out to 27.10 miles. So weird.
- Yesterday after the race I told myself I would never run another marathon. I was sore, tired, and hungry. Can’t wait to sign up for the marathon next year!! 🙂
- So what now? For now I am going to take some time off to recover and then start training for RnR NOLA in February. I’ve never officially trained for a half marathon and am excited about it.
Congrats on the marathon! Good luck with your half training! 🙂
Thank you! I am excited about it.
Congratulations and way to push through on the Chicago Marathon! It got so warm out later during the day. It was uncomfortable just standing on the sidewalk in the sun. I can only imagine how it must have felt for the runners! Chafing is the WORST, too. I know that feeling of hurting more to walk than to run. Isn’t it the strangest thing?
WOO HOO for RNR NOLA! That race is going to be AMAZING!!!
Thank you! Too bad I missed you out there. I feel like there were many more people out there than in previous years.
Yes, I am excited about NOLA. 🙂