Thank you to everyone for your birthday wishes! I had a great time this weekend. The celebration began on Friday with dinner and drinks with my coworkers. I received a few gift cards while enjoying some delicious food at Miller’s Ale House. Then on Saturday I met my sisters and brother for lunch. The plan was to eat Thai food but the restaurant was closed! It was 12:30!! So we ended up going to a Chinese restaurant. It was very good and hit the spot. On Sunday I went out for a run and then met a friend for breakfast at Nana’s. We had pancakes and a breakfast burrito. Finally Monday was even more special. I went out for a run and and then at school the administrators made breakfast for the teachers. They do this a few times a year and it is always delicious. I received a few more gift cards and donuts from coworkers. That evening I went home to relax and to be thankful for celebrating another birthday.
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you ate a lot of food and enjoyed everything. I ran a Turkey Trot in the morning and then went to my brother’s house for dinner. We had turkey, corn, mashed potatoes, and rice.
Now let’s continue with this post of things I am thankful for (in no specific order of importance). However, there are many things I am thankful for but for this post only picked five. It wasn’t easy.
- My health. I’ve been lucky because for pretty much of my 45 years on this earth, I’ve been healthy. The only “scary” thing I’ve heard is a few years ago when my doctor told me I was borderline pre-diabetic. I was confused because I couldn’t understand how a runner could be pre-diabetic. Yes, I was ignorant. That was a wake up call for me and I made a few changes in my eating habits. I don’t remember everything I did but it was enough that when I went back the following year, I was no longer pre-diabetic.
- My family. I have 5 sisters and 1 brother. We don’t always see each other but do our best to have a good time when we are together. I do have an abundance of cousins from both my mom and dad’s side. Whenever we get together we eat 🙂 and laugh and always cherish our times together. A group of them (and my brother) helped my sister move to a condo and her son saw how our family came together to make it happen.
- My cat. Lola has been with me since June 2016. She makes me laugh. She is loving but sometimes wants to be left alone. She definitely knows who her momma is and comes to me at night when it is time to sleep. We also nap together.
- My students. As much as they exhaust me, I love my students. I love it when they greet me in the morning all excited and ready to learn. I love seeing their little faces when they are thinking about something I just taught them and the wheels are turning in their head. I love it at the end of the day when they hug me before saying goodbye and going home knowing that I will be seeing them again the next day.
- My job/career. I don’t love my job but do like it. Well, let me clarify by saying that if teachers were left alone to simply teach, there would be some very happy teachers out there. I do my best to enjoy it however I can. I teach but also make sure my kids have fun and look forward to coming back the next day. I know that at the end of the day I am making a difference in someone’s life. <<That is what keeps me going.
How was your Thanksgiving? What are you thankful for?
I’m linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for Friday 2.0.
Happy Thanksgiving/Birthday Zenaida! Sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for!
Thanks! That list was just 5 but every single day I am thankful for everything I have.
Happy Thanksgiving! Sounds like you had a great birthday earlier this week. Those pancakes look delicious.
Thanks. Yes, I did have a great birthday.
Omg I love the dumb runner meme!!!!!!!!!!!!! Describes my thoughts exactly. 🙂
Haha. I just hate it when they equate eating with running. I know runners need to eat in moderation but sometimes we feel guilty for the food we eat.
Teaching is such an important job and really requires a rare skill set. I know teachers don’t get the respect/pay they deserve. I hope you feel appreciated!
Thank you! Many times I do not but I try to not let that dampen my mood. It is a rewarding job and I do appreciate it because I know I am making a difference.
I am so thankful for people like you who have a passion for teaching. I volunteered a lot in our kids’ classroom when they were young (and went on many field trips), and I have so much respect for teachers. You guys have so much patience, and are such great role models! Thanks for your unselfish service to all of our youth 😉
Thank you for your sweet words!
Okay this is SO weird. We used to have a cat that looked EXACTLY like yours, and her name was Lola!! I literally stopped when I read that! And I definitely feel you on being thankful for my students! They completely take it out of me, but I absolutely adore them! I wouldn’t give up being a teacher for anything.
Susie | http://milehighdreamers.com
That is weird about your cat. Can you believe that I am actually excited to see my kids tomorrow? 🙂
Glad you had a good Thanksgiving! Happy belated birthday!