Happy Holiday! Just a few more days till we ring in 2018!!
I will end the year with 156 races (10 in 2017). I didn’t race as much as I would have liked to but I am happy with the races I did. I had a goal to run at least 1,000 miles but sadly I did not meet this goal. Will try again next year.
So now let’s talk about my 5 best races this year in no specific order.
1. Great Alaskan Half Marathon. In July I went on The Great Alaskan Running Cruise and ran 4 races but the half marathon was my favorite. Running in Alaska was state #38 for me in my goal to run a half marathon in each state. It was a small race and the view was spectacular! It was on this cruise that I finally met Elizabeth.
2. Elmhurst Running Club 4 on the 4th. I’ve been running this race since 2013 and absolutely love it! It is cheap, not too far from home, plenty of parking, and the only 4 miler race I do. This year I met up with a few Oiselle girls. July 4th is extra special for me because it was on this day in 1978 that my family and I came to this country from Mexico. Double the celebration!
3. Run Mag Mile 10K. This race was lots of fun! I enjoyed running along Michigan Avenue and eating some delicious food after the race. The hoodie and medal were cool too. Oh, and I love that we got FREE race photos.
4. Utah Valley Half Marathon. Utah was state #37 for me. I met up with a few bloggers (Marcia, Judy, Teresa, Holly, and Mary Beth) and had a great time with them. The course was downhill and beautiful but I was sore for days. We had great weather and while it was sunny, I never got too hot because the course through the canyon was shaded.
5. Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle. This is another one I do every year. This race was my first one this year. My goal was to finish it in under an hour and finish time was 56:26. I knew I wasn’t going to PR because I’d been running here and there due to various injuries in the beginning of the year. I already signed up to run it again next year! I love the course and the medal is a plus!
What was your favorite race this year?
I’m linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for Friday 2.0.