Disclaimer: I am promoting the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find and write race reviews!
The Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K is next month and I am excited to run it again. It is one of my favorite races in Chicago! This race marks the start of the official running season in the city. Are you signed up for it? If yes, GREAT but if not then read on to find out why you MUST run this race. I will even give you a discount code. 🙂
1. Automatic PR and sweet medal. Isn’t it beautiful? An 8K is 4.97 miles so if you’ve never run this distance before then you automatically get a PR. I’ve run this race 9 times and my PR is 48:38 in 2014. I am having a great marathon training season and hopefully will get a PR this year.
2. Beer! Celebrate that new PR and/or show off that sweet medal at the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle Post-Race Party. Each runner gets a ticket for one (1) Michelob ULTRA (must be 21 years or older to consume). There will also be live music. The party doesn’t stop there. The celebration will continue at The Scout Waterhouse & Kitchen (1301 S. Wabash Ave.) from 2 p.m. to 1 a.m. Shamrock Shuffle participants who bring their race bib will receive a ticket that can be redeemed for one (1) Michelob ULTRA.
3. You can dress up! How fun is it to be all decked out in green and run in a beautiful city? I’ve lived in Chicago for almost 40 years and never get tired of the view. This race is also great to do with friends. Each year I’ve been able to run with friends and have a fabulous time.
4. It is a short but yet popular race. An 8K is a unique distance and in Chicago there aren’t that many 8K races. Over 30,000 runners run the Shamrock Shuffle. It is so popular that on race morning NBC 5 Chicago provides live, streaming coverage of the race start and finish from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. where supporters can watch their favorite runner cross the line.
5. Save $10 off registration fee. Make sure to use code “SHUFFLE” at the following link: http://haku.ly/dd2567 to save $10 on your race entry.
So did I convince you? Will I see you there? Have you run this race before?
I’m linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for Friday 2.0.