• Pens and more pens! One of my students gives me sweet notes here and there. One day she gave me a very pretty one colored with gel and glitter pens. I made a comment and asked her to bring me a few so I could see the brand. She showed up the next day with the WHOLE SET! Isn’t it pretty? I had fun that day picking different colors to use while grading papers. I might get a small set for me.
•A few students like giving me notes/drawings. They’re so creative and definitely draw better than me. 🙂 They know I like cats and that I have a cat, so they’re always drawing cat pictures. Each one definitely warms my heart because I know they’ve taken the time to do something for me and I love seeing their smile when they give me their drawing. I have so many of them on the wall behind my desk and it brightens my day when I see them.
• Have you seen the Boston Marathon limited edition shoes? I have a pair and cannot wait to run in them. I don’t know when that will be since I am already rotating 4 pairs of shoes.
• How about these Dunkin Donuts Saucony Kinvara 9? I got very excited when I saw these at school on Tuesday (not sure when they were made available for sale). I quickly posted it on Instagram and didn’t think about them again till I got home. I wanted to order them but apparently my size was sold out. I checked again on Wednesday and they’re no longer on the site. Only 2,000 pairs were made and ALL were sold. I wasn’t too upset that I didn’t get a pair. The way I see it is that I saved $110 and I definitely do not need another pair. Right? They’re still very cute.
• Have you tried a Pour Over Coffee Maker? I have a Keurig and a coffee maker. For sure I don’t need this, right? Am I missing on some great coffee?
• The other day I was on Facebook reading about some songs that don’t mean what you think they mean. One of them was “Waterfalls” by TLC. I was in college when that song was out and remember it being a catchy song, but didn’t pay too much attention to the lyrics. Anway, 20+ years later I am finding out that that song is about HIV/AIDS and drugs. What? I had NO idea. I just saw the video and listened to the lyrics. I can’t find the post on Facebook but I was appalled at the comments people left. Some went as far as calling some people “stupid” because they didn’t know the real meaning of the song lyrics. I don’t understand how some people can be so RUDE and going as far as saying things like that. Sometimes I really diske Facebook and don’t check it at all.
Colored pens make me ridiculously happy and I’m not even a teacher. But I do enjoy sketching/doodling/being creative.
Many songs aren’t what we think they’re about! I definitely didn’t know that was what that song was about, either.
Some songs I like because of the beat and for running (whenever I do listen to music) but rarely pay attention to the lyrics. I guess now I should, right?
I like to sing so I usually pay attention to they lyrics. Doesn’t mean I actually think about what they mean though!
And sometimes you can’t figure out the lyrics OR what they mean!