Happy to know that March is over. It was a LONG month. Three months done for the year. I am on Spring Break and am excited to be relaxing and plan to do more decluttering…or not. I am still looking for a house and now is the perfect time to get rid of stuff that I don’t want anymore.
• Training went very well this month. I didn’t miss any of my runs and pretty much hit all of my paces. The weather wasn’t as horrible as in previous months but it was definitely too cold for March. I think we had one day with a little bit of snow?
• Ran 121.43 miles. I was very happy to see that number. After missing my goal in both January AND February, it finally happened in March. That put me with almost 25% done of my yearly goal.
• Total time running was 23:00. Yikes! That is almost a whole day of running. Pretty cool!
• Ran my first race this year and came close to a PR. I ran the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K and while I didn’t PR, I did better my time by more than 6 minutes. My finish time was 50:03 and last year was 56:26. I’ll take it!
• 22 days of running. I’ve been running 5 days a week and for the most part really like it. My rest days are Monday and Friday which is good because those are the two days in which I am the most tired.
• I had some great quality session workouts. These workouts are my favorite. I love the variety and the challenge. I seriously need to stop doubting myself.
• I have not kept up with strength workouts. I am still failing in this department. Rachel has another challenge for April and I signed up for it. We’ll see how I do.
Overall, I am proud of myself with the work I put in this month towards my training for the Illinois Marathon. It has been a wild training season with many ups and downs. I have my moments of panic and fear which is normal, right? I know I can do this but yet my brain likes to mess with me.
So how did March go for you?
Linking up with Marcia, Patti, and Erika for Tuesdays on the Run.
You did have an impressive month! I can’t wait to see how you do at your marathon!
Wow you did have a great month! A whole day of running is kind of cool 🙂
Thank you! Seeing that data is interesting.
Great job this month and awesome mileage! Are you getting excited for your upcoming marathon?!
Thanks KIm. Yes, I am excited about also nervous. Happens every time with marathon training. I’ve been working so hard but then it all depends on race day.
Congrats on an excellent month! Just what you need heading into your marathon. Yeah March was long and way too cold. April needs to shape up too.
Thanks. I am tired of complaining about the weather, but seriously what is wrong with Mother Nature?
Great job this month, and you’ll do great with your marathon.
It always feels really good to have a good month of training under your belt! I am, however, envious of your lack of snow in March. We got tons. Thankfully it’s all gone — even the snow from yesterday. 🙂
Thanks Judy! I know I shouldn’t really complain about the weather here because we have been lucky compared to the east coast. I guess I am just tired of the “cold” weather that is just dragging. I want to run in shorts and a tank top.
You really had a great month, and your Shamrock finish time is awesome 😉 Now, if that weather would just shape up for all of us…
Thank you! I am glad that I am not the only one that has to say something about the weather. Definitely over it!
Sounds like a great month! Congrats on all those miles/workouts and your race. I hope you have an enjoyable spring break!
Thank you! My cousin’s kids have 2 weeks off. Now that would be IDEAL.
You did good this month! I use to schedule runs, mondays, wednesdays, and Fridays but had to adjust because I was always so tired on Mondays…haha
Thanks. Mondays are back to work and also to rest. 🙂