I feel like April just started. How is it over so soon? As of yesterday, I have 5 weeks left of school.
• Training went very well this month. I had a good month in April. Some days we had decent weather and it was nice enough to run in shorts. Though there was a day or two that we did have a little bit of snow.
• Ran 110.51 miles. Another month over 100 miles. Total to date is 410.01 and that put me at 34% done of my yearly goal.
• Total time running was 21:42. Not quite a whole day but pretty close.
• Ran another race. Instead of running a marathon, I did a half marathon. It wasn’t my day. You can read about it here.
• 21 days of running. I run 5 days a week and have been loving it. My rest days are Monday and Friday which is good because those are the two days in which I am the most tired. I will begin training for a half marathon (ZOOMA Great Lakes or Rock ‘n’ Roll Denver) but haven’t decided which one and how to train for it.
• More great quality session workouts. These workouts are my favorite. I love the variety and the challenge. I did GREAT in all of them.
• I sort of kept up with Rachel’s challenge. I didn’t mind too much the pushups or the tricep dips. The burpees/jump squats are the worst.
• I am a ZOOMA Great Lakes Ambassador. I am excited for this opportunity and looking forward to running another half marathon in WI.
• Looking forward to 2 races in May. I am excited to be running the Chicago Spring Half Marathon and 10K (register today w/code “BRCHISPRING18” & get $10 off the half/$5 for the 10K) and the Soldier Field 10 Mile (use “BRSoldierField” to score some bonus RAM Racing sunglasses).
Overall, I am proud of myself with how I did in April. I did all of my runs which made me very happy. The only thing that didn’t go as planned was my race on Saturday. Not a big deal anymore and life goes on.
So how did April go for you?
Linking up with Marcia, Patti, and Erika for Tuesdays on the Run.
Great job this month! It sounds like your running is going really well. It was such a strange month of weather so hopefully now it will warm up and be even more enjoyable to be outside!
I hope that your races go well this month!
Zooma races are lots of fun! My first half was Zooma Annapolis. Wish I could run 5 days a week but my body will not have it!
I’ve done one in Chicago and am excited about the one in WI.
You’re wonderful, I’m too inspired by you. So much so that I began to run because of you. Thank you!
Oh wow! Thank you!!