How is it that we are halfway through the year?
• June was the end of the school year. I also started teaching summer school and that ends this Friday. For the rest of the month, I will be relaxing while also hanging out with family. I have a cotillion on the 14th and then my sister and her husband will be in town for a week.
• Training went very well this month. I am currently training for the ZOOMA Half Marathon in September. There were some decent days but definitely quite a few HOT ones. I’ve been doing my easy runs (3-4 miles) early in the morning before work. If I don’t then I have to wait till 6-7 once it cools down a little bit.
• Ran 104.68 miles. Another month over 100 miles. I am now 47% done of my yearly goal.
• Total time running was 21:15. Not quite a whole day but pretty close.
• 23 days of running. I run 5 days a week and have been loving it. Now I am at the point in my training plan in which I will be running 6 days a week. Last week would have been my first week but I skipped my run on Sunday.
• Getting back to weekly speed workouts. I had some really great ones when I was training during the winter. Still pleased with how I am doing so far.
• Looking forward to 1 race in July. I am running the Elmhurst 4 on the 4th on Wednesday. It is one of my favorite races and I’ve done this race since 2013.
Overall, I am proud of myself with how I did in June. I missed one run and didn’t finish another one. Hopefully July is just as great or better!
Join me on September 15 for an inspiring weekend filled with strong women, yoga sessions, speakers, an exciting expo, and celebrations in an unforgettable resort location. Click HERE to register. The code is valid till July 4.
So how did June go for you? What is the weather like where you live?
Linking up with Marcia, Patti, and Erika for Tuesdays on the Run.
I’m starting to get out early on Tuesdays, and I need to figure out Thursdays. I may have to use the treadmill for that. I’m OK if I have to. Running in the heat is never easy.
Running in the heat sucks. Definitely much more than in cold weather.
What a great month for you! Congrats!
6 days a week? That would exhaust me! 4 is plenty for me! It’s currently disgusting where I live, and it’s set to stay that way until Friday, when hopefully the heat breaks. Unfortunately I, too, have a race tomorrow!
Good luck on yours & enjoy your downtime!
Thank you! It is pretty exhausting and I find myself napping almost every single day. 🙂
Naps are a good thing!
It sounds like June was a great month for you! Its been a long time since I’ve run 6 days a week. Its exciting that your training is picking up now!
I love my early morning runs, too. I just realized last night, as I went for a twilight walk, that I have not done an evening run in the summer for almost two years! I didn’t run all last summer (recovering from surgery), so I’m long overdue LOL I used to them occasionally in a “previous life.”
Two years, wow! That is a long time.
Looks like you had a fantastic month! Keep up the great work
You had an awesome June, congratulations!! I’m glad that training is going so well! I look forward to following along as you get closer to Zooma!