• How is it already November? I like this month not only because it is my birthday month, but because of Thanksgiving and the couple of days we have. Work is better but still struggling with the million and one extra things I need to do. There are definitely not enough hours in the day to catch up. Heck, I don’t think I will ever catch up with my work! One thing that I started doing is not bring any work home. Yep, I grade what I can in school and if I don’t finish then I get back to it the next day. So far it has been working really well and I’ve actually been enjoying my evenings so much more.
• Brooks Launch and Ghost Last month I wrote about the Ricochet. I ended up returning them because they felt too stiff. Very different from the Levitate. I bought another pair of the Launch at RnR Denver. Cannot wait to wear them. I also bought the Ghost 11 NYC Marathon edition. I’ve run in them a few times for my easy runs and love them. I ended up buying another pair. 🙂
• Ran 110.31 miles. Pleased with running over 100 miles. I did every single run and I am even happier about that. As of November 6th, I am now 80% done of my yearly goal. There are 55 days left in 2018 and I still need to run 229.74 miles to achieve my goal. Now for sure I know that I will not make that goal but I know I will be very close to it.
• Total time running was 22:09:32.
• I had some fun but tough workouts. There were easy runs but also faster workouts. I did intervals that were 1 minute and 2 minutes. Definitely hard but also fun!
• 22 days of running. I am loving running 5 days a week.
• I ran the Rock ‘n’ Roll Denver Half Marathon. It was my 39th state in my goal to run a half marathon in each state. You can read my recap HERE. This race was tough!
• Final Thoughts: Pleased with how this month turned out. I did every single run and on almost all of them did better than expected. It is such a GREAT feeling . It hasn’t been easy to wake up very early in the morning to do my runs. I am actually enjoying them because it is my ME time. I think about my plans for the day or just simply listen to my music.
So how did October go for you?
Linking up with Marcia, Patti, and Erika for Tuesdays on the Run.
I wish I could say I rocked all my runs! Running felt very sluggish in Oct — although racing went fairly well — maybe a bit too much racing all bunched together but I don’t regret it.
Good for you for not taking work home! Now, if I could just get my husband to keep his damn cell phone out of the bedroom (and bathroom!).
Thanks! I am definitely pleased with how it went last month. Hopefully it goes well in November now that colder weather is here.
Glad to hear work is better for you. Leaving the stuff to grade at school sounds like a great idea. Strong month for you!
you had a great month! mine was kind of all over the place. I DNF’d my marathon end of September, immediately decided to try again and ran a half marathon a week later (I made it to 25KM during the marathon), then had two more weeks to start tapering again and eating all the carbs. I then ran a marathon (all the way) 3 weeks after the DNF.
nothing has been routine since end september and it looks like it will be a few more weeks of craziness.
Thanks! Sorry to hear about your marathon. Hopefully things settle down for you to at least enjoy the holidays.
Congrats on getting all of your runs done this month! Thats a good plan to not bring any work home. I always have my work laptop so I end up working in the evenings more than I should. Glad you are enjoying your evenings more now! I do try to make sure I stop doing any work by around 7:30 so I can have some time to relax before bed.
Thanks! It was a weird feeling watching TV without having to grade papers.
You had a solid month…congrats!! Are you doing most of those runs inside (because it’s so early), or are you doing them outside? You probably know I’m a die-hard outside gal LOL.Anyways, it’s great that you have found a routine that works well with your schedule 😉
Thank you! My runs have been outside. I don’t mind it too much since the weather has been pleasant. It will eventually get cold and that is where I struggle. However, I think last year I did 3 or 4 workouts in the gym since it was either too cold or the snow made it impossible to run. This year I have no gym membership so we’ll see how it goes. 🙂
I’m glad you had such a strong month! Sounds like 5 days a week of running is your sweet spot. I hope work gets a little less crazy for you!
Awesome job on your miles this month! You had a really solid month.
I love the Brooks NYCM sneakers! They are SO cool.
Thanks Kim! I love them too and am so glad I got another pair. They’re sold out in my size on the Brooks website.
Love those Brooks shoes. My hubby wants to buy a pair, but I told him he has to run the NYM first! 🙂 Great miles this month.