Welcome to the first Tuesday Topics Linkup! Kookyrunner (Kim) and I are taking over the previous Tuesdays on the Run hosted by Patty, Erika, and Marcia. We have some fun topics to write about this year so hopefully you’ll join us every Tuesday. For the list of topics and some guidelines, click HERE. We also have a giveaway so make sure to enter!
Another year full of exciting new things waiting to happen. I went back to work yesterday and while it was nice to be off, I did miss my kids and look forward to my routine. Remind me of this when I complain about how tired I am and cannot wait for school to be over. 🙂
During my time off I thought about a few things that I am excited about and looking forward to this year. Last year I wrote a similar post and realized that a few of them are included in this year’s post. Here they are in no specific order or importance.
1. The Lion King. This is my FAVORITE Disney movie and I CANNOT WAIT.
2. This new linkup. I am happy to be doing this with Kim. I am also excited to get to know many of you better and follow along on your personal, running, and other journeys and experiences.
3. Move to a house. For sure I will move this year. My landlord is waiting for me to leave so he can remodel the apartment and possibly rent it out for more money. This house is a bit old and the inside is outdated. I have an idea of the kind of house I want and the area but still it is hard to find one that isn’t too expensive and/or that doesn’t require any work to be done to it.
4. Run a couple half marathons in new states. Currently I’ve completed 39 half marathons in different states. I am signed up for SC and MT. Planning to also add MI and DE.
5. Washer and dryer. With the new house I will also have a washer and dryer. I don’t have one in the apartment building so my sister and I go to the laundromat. It isn’t that bad and it is about 1/2 mile away. But I do miss the convenience of going down to the basement to do laundry.
6. Trips to TX, WA, and Mexico. I have two nephews that graduate in June and my niece in August. One nephew lives in San Antonio and the other one in Seattle. Luckily the graduations take place on two separate weekends so we’ll have a chance to attend both of them. I am excited for my mother to go to Seattle. She’s been to San Antonio but never to Seattle. I am sure she’ll be happy to see another grandson graduate from a university. Last year she went to San Francisco!
Now let’s talk about the giveaway. There will be two prizes: 1) A pair of Lily Trotter Compression Socks and pair of Lock Laces and 2) 2019 Journal.
Please use the Rafflecopter below to enter. This giveaway will run until January 11th at 11:59 pm. The winner will be selected on January 12th. The giveaway is open to US residents only. All entries are verified, so please be sure to complete them or a new, random winner will be selected.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This week’s writing prompt: What are you looking forward to this year? Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!