Last week I mentioned that I was a morning runner. I am a morning person. I like the feeling of knowing that I am done with my workout and don’t have to “worry” about it later.
Besides a watch, there are a few things I bring along with me on my run. I may add a thing or two (depending on the run) such as money, energy gel, or water.
• Oiselle Lightning Layer – I know I have mentioned it here in other posts, but it is one of my favorite items from Oiselle. I can wear it over another top or a sports bra. I love how bright it is to make sure drivers see me when it is dark.
• Black Diamond Headlamp – I bought this last year and love how bright it is.
• SABRE Pink Pepper Spray – I understand why I have to carry it with me but I still hate that I “have” to. Luckily I have not had to use it. However, once I was testing it, and accidentally sprayed it in the bathroom. Boy, that stuff is strong!
• Fitletic Running Belt – I love their running belts. I have a few other ones that I use for races or longer runs (one has two water bottles). These belts are water resistant, do not bounce at all, chafe, or ride up while running. The one I use for races also has toggles for my bib. No more pins or holes on my shirt!
• Wrist ID – There are so many to choose from, but the one I have is the silicone stretch. Simple and stylish, right? 🙂 I feel better knowing that in case of an emergency, my sisters will be notified. I also purchased one for my mother, because well, my mother is in her 70s and we want to be notified right away in case something happens to her.
This week’s Tuesday Topic: What do you bring along on a run? You can write about this topic, or feel free to post any running related blog post. Remember to Link-up with Kim and Zenaida! Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!
I need to get better about wearing my Road ID when I run. Thanks for the reminder!
No problem! I used to leave it in a box in my living room and put it on before leaving for my run. Now I just don’t take it off except to shower.
I have a RoadID but am very lax about wearing it. I always carry my phone, my apple watch.
For races, I do wear my belt because I attach my bib to it.
I wear a skirt or capris/tights with pockets which allows me to carry my car key, gels, tissues, etc.
I know what you mean. Now I just leave mine on and take it off only when I shower but then put it back on.
I also have a Wrist ID and I often wear it when I am out by myself, just to make sure that if something happened to me, my husband or friend would be notified!
We like to think that nothing will ever happen to us but you never know.
Gradually trying to become a morning runner for the same reason you cite. Part of my goal is to use the previous PT alarm for a get up and go alarm. Fingers crossed I can keep it up
I love the belt, need to look into those
Good luck! It is hard at first but it does get easier. Not 100 percent but still easier.
You are prepared! I used to wear my road ID but then kind of forgot about it. Always have along my phone for those run selfies 🙂 Will be joining the link up tomorrow
A phone is important! A run didn’t happen if there is no picture, right?
I never saw a wrist ID. I have one attached to my shoe, and I wouldn’t go out without it!
When I was a pacer for Fleet Feet, they would give us a tag to attach to our shoes. I am no longer a pacer so I needed something else for my runs.
I don’t carry a ton with me, but when I run alone I have my pepper spray and what is supposedly the world’s loudest whistle attached to my SPIBelt. If I run with my neighbor, I leave those at home. Other than that, I almost always have my phone (I sometimes leave it at home if I’m running with the same neighbor), and always my Garmin and a handheld water bottle.
I would love to have a whistle! Is it one specifically for running?
I like Fitletic too — although it STILL bounces on me. But not as badly as others.
I’m lucky that I rarely run in the twilight/dark. So I don’t have a lot of reflective gear.
How about if you tighten it a bit so it doesn’t bounce too much?
I used to be a morning runner! Now I am a whenever I can fit it in kinda gal!