• May has been the rainiest month. It seems like it’s been raining almost every single day or every other day. Wine? Yes, please.
• Another picture from one of my students. They always make me smile.
• Ugh, it always makes me angry when I hear that women are the ones that need to be more careful. Why? Why aren’t men taught to just leave women ALONE.
• My next race is in one month. I will be running the Missoula Half Marathon in Montana. I registered and made a hotel reservation. My flight is something else. I waited too long and now it is SO EXPENSIVE. The cheapest from Midway is $619 (and it will take me 8 hours to get there) while the most expensive one is $1,060. Insane. Part of me doesn’t want to go anymore. Maybe prices will decrease in the next couple of days?
• I am also planning to run 3 half marathons this summer (ND, SD, and WY) through Mainly Marathons. Registration right now for each one $100 (price goes up to $115 after Friday). I also need to take into consideration hotel for each race and a rental car. I guess the question now is how bad do I want Hawaii to be my last half marathon next year (in my Race in the 50 States Goal)? Something to think about.
Wow those flight prices are crazy! Would it be possible to fly into another airport for cheaper and maybe rent a car or take an Uber?
I also looked as well but some flights were even more expensive. Found one this morning for $556. 🤦🏻♀️
My husband had to book some flights on short notice and they were about that much. In fact, they went up like $400 overnight (luckily he’d already booked them). I hope you can catch a break — I hear that’s a great half.
I have soooooo many more states to do. It’s been a while since we’ve been to HI (well, any of the islands). When I do my half there it will be our fourth visit! Both my husband & I have 60th birthdays coming up in the next few years. 🙂 In 6 years it’ll be our 40th anniversary. 2 of our trips there were for our anniversary. 🙂
I found a flight this morning for $556. Still expensive but it was the cheapest and a direct flight.
How fun that you have been to HI! I was supposed to go 10 years ago but had to cancel because of school orientation. I had just been tired and had to attend orientation.
Awesome that you were at least able to find a slightly less expensive flight!
Our first trip to HI was our 20th anniversary. We took a cruise around the main 4 islands. We’ve been back 2 times? 3 times? Now I forget! It’s an amazing place.
That cruise must have been fabulous!!! I am pleased with the flight now. Now I need to plan for my 3 half marathons in August. Hopefully I find a “cheap” flight too.
The cruise was great — and it was also a great way to see a lot of the islands in a short amount of time.
3 half marathons in August? I’m shuddering just thinking about it! You go get it girl.
Yes, the only reason I am doing it is because of the travel cost. I need to go to WY, ND, and SD and well I don’t want to spend over $500 for each flight.