1. Is it weird to get excited when your coach emails you dates of upcoming long runs? So far I have 18 on 8/22; 20 on 9/5; 18 on 9/12; and 20 on 9/19.
Ha, it’s been a long time since I’ve done anything longer than 13.1 miles. It must have been Spring 2014 when I was training for the Chicago Lakefront 50k. Sigh, it’s been on my mind to do another one. Maybe Spring 2016? We’ll see. Last Saturday’s run was supposed to be 14 but I managed 10. I am scheduled for 13 tomorrow and I am sort of looking forward to it. :=)
2. Yesterday was my last day of summer school. It was an interesting couple of weeks for me. Let’s just say I have a deeper respect for special education teachers. I thought my job was tough but now realize that my job is easier.
3. On Monday I start my last class for my math endorsement. It is Geometry and I am kind of worried because I HATE Geometry. Plus, it will be intense since the class is for 10 days from 9am-12pm. Oh well, I’d rather do this than go for 10 weeks on Wednesday from 5pm-8pm.
4. I told myself no more ProCompression socks but how cute are these?
Do you like wearing long compression socks? Have you ever run a 50k?
1. On Wednesday I started my summer job. I will be working for the month of July from 8am-11:45 am. I like it because it it for one month for a few hours in the morning and I still have the rest of the day to do whatever I want. However, next month I have my summer class and then when it is over, it will be almost time to go back to school.
2. Do you have anything planned for Saturday, September 20th? Please plan to attend Bright Pink’s FitFest 2015 in Chicago. You can read more about it here.
3. Lately I’ve been buying so much Brooks running gear from REI. I’ve purchased the Versatile Lite Tank Top in each color. They run big – I usually wear a large but a medium fits me fine. I also bought the Versatile IV T-Shirt in blue and green. They also run big. There are a bunch of other discounted stuff and you’ll save even more (cash back) if you go through the Ebates site.
Versatile Lite Tank Top
Versatile IV T-Shirt
4. I was out returning some socks at Kohl’s and found some great books for my kids. I bought 4 different ones along with the stuffed animal. I might go back to get another one. Isn’t it cute?
5. Tomorrow is race #6 – Elmhurst Bank 4 on the 4th. I LOVE this race and am very excited about it. Here is a picture of my outfit.
6. Thanks to Timehop I can look back at what I did, ate, wore, etc., in prior years. Last year I had a new pair of Newton Kismet while three years ago I wore a pair of Brooks Glycerin.
What are you plans for the 4th of July? I am not sure if we’re staying home and my mother with BBQ or we’ll visit family members and they’ll BBQ. Do you have Timehop on your phone? How do you like it?
1. Friday again? The days definitely go by much faster when you are on vacation. I know that during the school year I am always aware of each day and get so excited on Fridays. On vacation I sometimes lose track and have no idea when a day is Monday, Tuesday, etc.
2. On Monday, my sister and nephews went to volunteer at Feed My Starving Children. It is a great place to volunteer and you end up leaving really good about yourself. The last time I was there was almost two years ago. Yikes! I need to make it a priority to go there more often.
We were there from 2:30-4:30 pm. My nephews LOVE Home Run Inn and we stopped there for dinner. We got home in time to watch “The Bachelorette” and before the bad weather began rolling into the Chicago area. Luckily, it was just wind and lots of rain but I know other places had it even worse.
3. I bought a new running gear, the Garmin Forerunner 220. So far I’ve run with it twice and like it. The only problem I have is that I cannot get it to sync with my heart monitor. I have to run 8 miles on Saturday with the CES group so hopefully one of the coaches there can help me.
4. I know we all have good and bad runs. I love it when I have a good run but I love it even more when it is on a day that I had no desire to run. I did not run yesterday morning because I was planning to run in the evening with the ladies from Fleet Feet. Well, I did a few errands with my mom and got home after 6pm. I was tired and decided to rest and then go running. Everything hurt so I took an ibuprofen. Then I decided not to go. I guess I must have been feeling guilty and I reminded myself that I would not skip any of my marathon training runs planned by my coach (I’ve missed one) so I got dressed and went out for my run. You know what? It was AWESOME and I felt great. I ran better than I expected and that made me happy.
5. I received my grade for my Spring class. I am disappointed that I got a “B”. I know it is still a great grade but the class was so easy and pretty much an easy “A”. For nine weeks I listened to the lectures and took notes. I also did all of my homework and pretty much got all of the problems correct. The deal breaker was the final presentation on the last day of class. It was worth 50 percent of my grade. I know I did not rock it but I didn’t think I did that bad. I get really nervous speaking in front of a group (definitely not a problem with little kids) so I am just mad at myself because I messed up on the presentation. My next (and final class) starts in August.
What has been your best volunteer experience? Do you get nervous speaking in front of a group?