Disclaimer: I am promoting these races as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find and write race reviews!
Happy March! I am hoping that with January and February behind us, March will be better in the weather department. I am proud to say that running wise I did great in February. But I still want some warm weather! My first race, Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle, is this month and I am excited about it. Read HERE to find out why you need to run this race and make sure to use code “SHUFFLE” at the following link: http://haku.ly/dd2567 to save $10 on your race entry.
I have added a couple of races to my calendar. Thanks to BibRave for giving me the opportunity to sign up and run these races this year. I’ve run 3 of them in the past and while I haven’t run in Denver, a Rock ‘n’ Roll race isn’t new to me. Hopefully you can join me in a few or all of these races.
1. Soldier Field 10 Mile, May 26. This race is always on Memorial Day weekend. It starts and ends at Soldier Field. I love the distance, flat course, and you get to run on Lake Shore Drive. There is some great food and beer after the race along with some live music entertainment. My PR is 1:41:56 in 2015 and it is time to set a new one this year. Use Code “BRSoldierField” for bonus RAM Racing sunglasses (expires 2 days before the race).
2. Tailgate 10K, August 11. This race used to be the BTN Big 10 and is held in Grant Park. Plans for this race are still in the works so be sure to check the website for updated information.
3. Fort2Base, August 26. I did this race in 2013. I ran 10 nautical miles which equals to 11.5 miles. It is a unique race distance and an automatic PR for those running this race distance for the first time. This race takes you through a military command and training centers. I remember there is a HUGE hill (Hero’s Hill) that wore me out.
4. Run Mag Mile, September 8. Last year was my first time running this race and I had a great time. The weather was perfect and I loved running along Michigan Avenue. We got a beautiful medal and some delicious food after the race. Use Code “BRMagMile” for bonus RAM Racing sunglasses (expires 2 days before the race).
5. Rock ‘n’ Roll Denver, October 21. Rock ‘n” Roll races are not new to me. I’ve done quite a few of them. 🙂 However, I’ve never been to Denver. My niece lives there and this race will give me the perfect opportunity to meet up with her (and maybe she’ll run with me). When I finish this race I will also cross off another state in my Race in the 50 States Goal. If you want to sign up for this race, use code “RNRBRP2018” for $15 off your registration fee.
Which one of these races would you like to run?
I’m linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for Friday 2.0.