1. I received the email below. The half marathon in Pittsburg was cancelled. Dang, that would have been my race in PA. Luckily, there is another race in Philadelphia in September so I registered for that race.
2. To top it off I also found out that the Cleveland race has been moved from Saturday, October 5th to Sunday, October 6th. What else is Rock ‘n’ Roll going to change? I don’t mind it too much because now I can leave for Cleveland on Saturday and not take a day off on Friday. When I found out I changed my airline and hotel reservation. I had to pay a little bit more for my return flight to Chicago but got a hotel closer to the start/finish line.
3. I’ve read great reviews about the Eugene Marathon that took place last weekend. I wished I would have ran it this year but now I am determined to make my way over there next year. For a great race recap read Kim’s at (Just) Trying is for Little Girls.
1. Finally done with school. Time to travel, run, and have fun. Enough said.
2. I am leaving this afternoon to Madison, WI for the Ragnar Relay. When I joined the team I was Runner #2. I was responsible for running the following: 4.5 (Moderate); 4.4 (Moderate); and 6.2 (Hard). Not bad right? Well, I found out Sunday that now I am Runner #6 and have to run, ready….10.9 (Very Hard); 3 (Easy); and 5.8 (Hard). Gulp! I don’t mind too much running 11 miles but very hard? I really, really hope they’re not very hard at all. On a good note, I found out that “Runners who run leg 6 at the Ragnar Chicago have something extra to be excited about – besides conquering the longest leg on the course. Be prepared to receive a special gift from Pacifico as you finish Leg 6!” Free beer for a year? I hope so!!
1. I have 7 days left of school (last day is Tuesday, June 5). Well, maybe 6 since we are going to the Museum of Science and Industry the day before our last day. I am so excited! This has been my most difficult year with my students. I’ve had so many problems with them. I am hoping that next year is better.
2. Once school is done I will be doing a Ragnar Relay from Wisconsin to Chicago. I am excited and nervous too. This will be the first one I do and have no idea what to expect. I’ve met with one of the team’s captains and she explained a few things for me. There is another meeting in June to meet the rest of the team and discuss final details. I need to review my packing list and make sure I have everything.
3. In mid June I will hike at Yosemite Mountains. I purchased a 3 day camping adventure from San Francisco. It will be definitely be an exciting adventure. I hope I can keep up with the walking since this trip will be a few days after the relay race. If I get too tired I can always head back to the tent for a nap. 🙂