No, the baby shower wasn’t for me. My niece (my brother’s daughter) is expecting her first child in July. We had a small baby shower for her on Saturday. I was in charge of the games and I was quite nervous because I was afraid that the guests wouldn’t like them. 🙂
We only had 1.5 hours for games which actually did not leave that much time (the shower was from 2:30-6:30 pm with dinner being at 4pm). That was OK. There were 5 games/activites and it seemed like everyone had fun.
She doesn’t have a name yet but we helped her out with some suggestions!
This week was also my twice a year haircut! My hair is flat straight and there isn’t much I can do with it. I will confess that sometimes I am lazy about getting a haircut. I think one time I waited almost a year for a haircut! My hair was really long. This time I just wanted to cut 3 inches off. The stylist asked me if I wanted layers. At first I wasn’t sure but then told her to go ahead. I was nervous but I was pleased with the results. I do like it!
This week’s run were great! Since I am on Spring Break, I loved not having to be out there very early in the morning. I was able to run once the sun was out and didn’t need any reflective gear. The weather has been OK but I want it to be warm enough to wear shorts and a tank top.
Sunday’s run felt tough. The workout was 3 miles warmup and 3 miles at 10:43 pace. The last time I ran 6 miles or more was on February 3rd. I am surprised that I did pretty good. I will admit that I did have to stop a few times because the pace felt hard. I remember years ago when it was “easier” to run a 10:30 pace and now I am struggling. I have a half marathon on the 28th and my goal is just to finish it and complete a half in another state.
Spring Break is over and it is back to work tomorrow. No, I am not ready to go back. One more day please.
Linking up with Kim and Deborah for the Weekly Run Down.
• Last week I went to see a house that was for sale. It was beautiful and exactly what I am looking for to buy. I went to see it on Thursday and was ready to put in an offer on Friday. I didn’t do it on Thursday because I still had to get pre-approved but was able to do that on Friday afternoon. Friday evening there was an offer on the house. I wanted to cry. I really wanted that house. I had already picked out bedrooms for me and my mother. Oh well, time to start looking again.
• I’ve had a Southwest credit card for a few years. My credit limit is around $27,000. I don’t want it anymore and will be cancelling it soon. I did ask my loan officer to find out if it will impact my credit score and my chances of getting a home loan. She said no. Ha, can you believe it?
• I didn’t know pay phones were still around. For sure I thought all of them disappeared from this planet. I saw one at a hospital and was actually surprised. I should have checked if it actually worked.
• Monday was April Fools’ Day and there was no school because of Spring Break. Saw this on Facebook and thought it would be so much fun to do this next year (assuming we’re not on Spring Break).
• I received an email from Orgain looking for in-home taste testers. I like Orgain and immediately applied. I remember one of the questions was about my profession and most of the options to choose from were health related. Of course I chose none of the above and then received the message below. I will admit I was a bit disappointed because even though I am not in the health related field, I still use Orgain and would have loved to taste test their products.
Hello April! Where did you come from? I am on Spring Break and really not complaining. When I return to work next Monday, it will only be 40 more days of work. 🙂
I will admit that I don’t care much for the race swag. After the HUGE disappointments with the swag from the RunDisney races (the shirts are nice but that is pretty much all you get), I just stopped caring about it anymore. Sure I like the race shirts but rarely keep any of them.
I remember when the shirts were cotton, long sleeve shirts. I kept a few and used them for sleeping. I am sure I must have donated them because I don’t have them anymore. There are two shirts I still have in my dresser drawer.
This is the one I really dislike.
Well, what race swag do I want? As someone that runs various races, I want something that I could really use. No, not another shirt. I guess I do have something against race shirts. 🙂
• A bottle of wine or wine glass
• A necklace or bracelet
• Pair of flip flops
• Pair of socks
• Hand lotion or shampoo
• FREE meal vouchers to a restaurant
• Gift card to Target, Starbucks, or Dunkin
This week’s Tuesday Topic: What’s the best and worst race swag you ever received? You can write about this topic, or feel free to post any running related blog post. Remember to Link-up with Kim and Zenaida! Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!
How is it that another week went by? How is it that it is also the end of March? I am excited that I am finally on Spring Break! Maybe now I will be able to start my runs a bit later? Hopefully. 🙂
I have a few things I need to do this week. We have our STEAM Family Night on April 10th (after Spring Break). My coworker and I will meet to work on and finalize a few things for that night. I also need to finalize some of the baby shower games for my niece. My niece is expecting her first baby in July. She lives in Denver and will be here on Wednesday for her baby shower on Saturday. It will be in the afternoon with mostly family members. Oh, and she is having a girl. 🙂
This week was all easy runs for a total of 12.92 miles. I moved my runs a bit but still got them done. I confess that I have been running them faster than I should. Yikes!
Pleased with my 4 miles on Wednesday. I was sweating!
Saturday’s run was 5 miles. Almost negative splits!
Sunday’s run was (supposed to be) 6 miles. It was sunny but still cold. See the ice in the picture below? I couldn’t finish my run because I had a family emergency and needed to get home. I am hoping that I can still get a run later because today is the last day of Deborah’s RunBet Challenge. I mean, I am almost done…just one more run. 🙂 <<For a run to count in this challenge, it has to be at least 30 minutes.
Overall, another great week. Happy to know that this coming week it will be warmer again.
Linking up with Kim and Deborah for the Weekly Run Down.