• We got snow on Saturday. I dislike it. I hate it. Luckily it wasn’t too bad but we’re supposed to get more this weekend. I went out for a run and it wasn’t that fun.
• A heated blanket is the best! Get one. It has kept me warm during these cold days.
• I’ve been teaching since 2009 and use a flash drive for ALL of my files. I’ve been using this little guy for a number of years. Somehow something happened over the weekend and when I tried to access some files on Monday, there was nothing there. I took it to Best Buy and apparently the metal thingie is bent. I need to take it to a place to solder it together or I can pay about $1,600 to have someone from Geek Squad retrieve my files. I should be in tears, but surprisingly I am feeling very relaxed. Maybe I am still in denial?
• This made me laugh. Sometimes I feel like this in the morning.
• To go with the flash drive point mentioned above, I bought two different ones. I am using the one on the left and like it. It is small and no chance of it being bent which is what happened with the other one.
I am embarrassed to admit that I don’t give gifts during the holiday. I only buy two books for my students. I like to give gifts year round and it is usually something small like coffee, a book, or a gift card.
I was surprised because I received quite a few gifts this holiday season. I am not saying I received a lot but definitely more than I expected. For Christmas we got together with my brother and his wife. Most of her family was there too including a brother, wife, and kids from Ecuador. Yes, a lot of family.
Also, my birthday is in November so a few coworkers got together to get me a few gifts which I received right before winter break.
Let me tell you what I received:
A heated blanket. The best. Came in handy these past few cold days. I love using it when I am on the sofa watching TV or playing a game on my phone.
Purple Champion Sweater. I love the color and how it feels. Also, keep me warm throughout the day at home and school.
Velvet Plush Oversized Throw. It is very soft and a pretty color. I have a couple other ones but you can never have too many.
Chocolate covered Oreo cookies. I love chocolate and I love Oreo cookies. The box I got had cookies covered in white and milk chocolate. So good. The brand is Maggie Lyon Chocolatiers in case you want to get some for yourself. Check out the site as you’ll find some other delicious treats!
Starbucks gift card. Need I say more?
Candy box. I think overall this was the BEST one. I got it from a former student. He was in my 2nd grade classroom and is now in 5th grade. I almost cried when he came into my room. I was so happy to see him because I definitely wasn’t expecting a gift from him.
Weighted blanket. I’ve heard so many great things about it and bought one for me from Weighted Comforts. I slept well during winter break, but it could be that I was tired. Or it could have been that I would go to bed late (later than usual for me) and I would sometimes sleep in in the morning.
This week’s Tuesday Topic: What were your favorite gifts you received over the holidays? You can write about this topic, or feel free to post any running related blog post. Remember to Link-up with Kim and Zenaida! Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!
• For all of those coffee lovers! It has to be the “real” deal, right?
• Anyone eat overnight oats?. They’re one of my favorite things to eat in the morning. I bought a few mason jars with wide-mouth lids from Target. I added oats, almond milk, Orgain protein powder, and moringa (green superfood and a good source of calcium, iron, and fiber). You can also substitute chia seeds for the oats. I did both and prefer the oats.
• I am no longer wearing my Fitbit. I did a Step Bet Challenge for 6 weeks and I decided to take a break from it. Now instead I am wearing my wraps from Momentum Jewelry. I love the colors and each message designed to inspire and motivate you. Right now there is a sale going on, so go to the site to purchase your own.
• You know I have a pen obsession. My students tell me that I do not need more. 🙂
• The book I am reading right now. It may be cheesy and cause some eye rolls, but it is still good.
Welcome to the first Tuesday Topics Linkup! Kookyrunner (Kim) and I are taking over the previous Tuesdays on the Run hosted by Patty, Erika, and Marcia. We have some fun topics to write about this year so hopefully you’ll join us every Tuesday. For the list of topics and some guidelines, click HERE. We also have a giveaway so make sure to enter!
Another year full of exciting new things waiting to happen. I went back to work yesterday and while it was nice to be off, I did miss my kids and look forward to my routine. Remind me of this when I complain about how tired I am and cannot wait for school to be over. 🙂
During my time off I thought about a few things that I am excited about and looking forward to this year. Last year I wrote a similar post and realized that a few of them are included in this year’s post. Here they are in no specific order or importance.
1. The Lion King. This is my FAVORITE Disney movie and I CANNOT WAIT.
2. This new linkup. I am happy to be doing this with Kim. I am also excited to get to know many of you better and follow along on your personal, running, and other journeys and experiences.
3. Move to a house. For sure I will move this year. My landlord is waiting for me to leave so he can remodel the apartment and possibly rent it out for more money. This house is a bit old and the inside is outdated. I have an idea of the kind of house I want and the area but still it is hard to find one that isn’t too expensive and/or that doesn’t require any work to be done to it.
4. Run a couple half marathons in new states. Currently I’ve completed 39 half marathons in different states. I am signed up for SC and MT. Planning to also add MI and DE.
5. Washer and dryer. With the new house I will also have a washer and dryer. I don’t have one in the apartment building so my sister and I go to the laundromat. It isn’t that bad and it is about 1/2 mile away. But I do miss the convenience of going down to the basement to do laundry.
6. Trips to TX, WA, and Mexico. I have two nephews that graduate in June and my niece in August. One nephew lives in San Antonio and the other one in Seattle. Luckily the graduations take place on two separate weekends so we’ll have a chance to attend both of them. I am excited for my mother to go to Seattle. She’s been to San Antonio but never to Seattle. I am sure she’ll be happy to see another grandson graduate from a university. Last year she went to San Francisco!
Now let’s talk about the giveaway. There will be two prizes: 1) A pair of Lily Trotter Compression Socks and pair of Lock Laces and 2) 2019 Journal.
Please use the Rafflecopter below to enter. This giveaway will run until January 11th at 11:59 pm. The winner will be selected on January 12th. The giveaway is open to US residents only. All entries are verified, so please be sure to complete them or a new, random winner will be selected.
• Happy New Year! How is it already 2019? How did you ring in the new year? My sisters and I went to my cousin’s house and I was there till almost 2am. We ate, drank, laughed, talked, and danced. Definitely a good time!
• On Sunday I went to a wedding and had so much fun! I was listening to the groom’s brother giving his best man speech and a familiar face. It happened to be my friend’s niece. She is engaged to the bride’s brother. Small world! The wine was delicious and the party favors were adorable.
• I purchased a new pair of Tieks shoes. They were available for sale beginning on 12/31 at 11pm CT. You bet I logged in but so did thousands (??) of other buyers. There was a huge demand for those shoes, but I managed to buy a pair after midnight . Can’t wait to get them on Monday. Yes, I know they’re expensive but to me they’re worth it. I wrote a little about them HERE.
• I have a scale at home but rarely get on it. Well, it needed new batteries and I replaced them on Wednesday. I wasn’t surprised with the number that I saw. I have been eating so much during winter break. 🙁
• Did you ever use the Philosophy lotion, body gel, or eau de toilette? I decided to just stick to one brand and bought a few items online. I got got this on sale at Ulta! This particular scent is new to me but years ago I would wear Pure Grace, Falling in Love, and Amazing Grace.