• My running clothes stink. I bought this detergent because an ad kept popping up on Facebook. Plus, I was curious to see if this will help remove that awful smell from my clothes. However, only 1 tablespoon? Not sure how I feel about that. Have you used this detergent?
• I purchased some new socks and so far am loving them. I don’t like socks that are thick and have too much cushion. These are soft, thin, but yet still provide enough cushion.
• Cannot believe the Chicago Marathon is less than a month away. I definitely do not miss training for this marathon or any marathon. 🙂 I am surprised that they are no longer allowing hydration backpacks.
• I definitely do not need more bottles of glue. Saw this bottle at Target and couldn’t resist getting it. It is the little things that make me smile. Purple, why not?
• Went to get a mammogram and saw this sign at the doctor’s office. Haha, couldn’t resist taking a picture of it. 🙂
The official season is not here yet but fall weather is here! It feels wonderful running in 60-70 degree weather. Friday evening I went out for a run. I was supposed to run 4 but thought that it said 5 on my training calendar. I felt so good and ended up not only doing negative splits, but running faster than I was supposed to.
Fall is my favorite running weather. I love seeing the different color leaves on the ground. I love the cool weather and being able to run in a short sleeve shirt or a thin long sleeve shirt and still not feeling too hot. I love that I can still run in shorts and not feel cold.
However, I do not like that it gets darker earlier in the day and it gets lighter later in the day. 😉 But still these temperatures are wonderful.
I have a few races coming up soon and I am excited about them!
• ZOOMA Great Lakes 5k. Originally I signed up for the half marathon and last week decided to do instead the 5k. I did the half marathon back in August 2014 when it was held in Chicago.
• Rock ‘n’ Roll Denver. I am excited to run in a new state. My last one was in July 2017 when I ran in Alaska. I remember signing up for this last year but then couldn’t make it but for sure I will be there this year.
• Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah. Another new state for me. Honestly, I am glad to finally cross GA off my list. I had wanted to run in Atlanta but somehow couldn’t make it work. Then when Rock ‘n’ Roll had a special back in June, I took advantage of it and registered for this race. The logistics suck (for me). Savannah doesn’t seem like a long way from Chicago but it will take me almost 6 hours to get there (beginning with a 6am flight). Luckily the race is on Saturday so I will be home that same day and have Sunday to recuperate. 🙂 I’ve heard Savannah is pretty and do have a couple of hours to explore before my flight home.
For now that is all I have for the fall. I am kind of excited to train during the winter for Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans. I’ve run both the marathon and the half marathon. Last year I trained for the IL Marathon and had many, many great runs even with the cold weather. Of all of my years of running, I don’t remember running so many days outside during the winter (always used the treadmill when there was snow or “too cold”). Plus, I learned how to dress properly for winter running. Haha. Sounds silly saying it but so true.
What is YOUR favorite season for running? What are your fall race plans?
Linking up with Marcia, Patti, and Erika for Tuesdays on the Run.
• This made me laugh! Can you tell I LOVE cats? 🙂
• My drivers licence expires in November. I received a letter from the Secretary of State that due to my good driving record, I can renew my license and get a new one by mail, phone, or online. Made me smile.
• On Monday I start my reading and writing lessons with my students. The first book we will read is about a family of mice that moves in a new neighborhood and are afraid of the cat. The cat, of course, wants to eat them and is planning his dinner that evening with another cat friend. Cute story. However, why publish a book FOR KIDS with no page numbers? I spent a good amount of time adding page numbers to the pages.
• Got a new credit card! Check out the credit line. I hope I never have to have a need for it and use it.
• August flew by! My mom and I went on a short trip to San Antonio followed by a few days off and then back to work. I have 21 students with a few well behaved students and a few not so well behaved. They talk too much. 🙂 Honestly, I like kids that talk because they know how to communicate and I can have an actual conversation with them. However, there are times in which they need to be quiet but a few keep going on and on. A mom already complained that I am mean and that I yell too much. 🙁
• I have a new running coach. I am currently working with Mary and have had some great workouts. I love it! My favorite have been 6×1 minute and 8×1 minute intervals.
• Bought new shoes. I am a HUGE Brooks fan. I took advantage of the sale on the Brooks site and purchased a few pairs of the Launch 5. However, some styles didn’t work out for me (too stiff) and I sent them back (they have a GREAT return policy!). I also ended up buying the Levitate. These two and another pair of the Launch are in my shoe rotation.
I am eyeing their new shoes that came out early this month – the Bedlam. Love the color but do I need another pair?
• Ran 82.10 miles. I did not meet my goal this month. I am now 63% done of my yearly goal. There are 119 days left in 2018 and I still need to run 442 miles to achieve my goal.
• Total time running was 17:06:52.
• 19 days of running. With Mary I have been running 5 days a week. Sometimes I have 1 or 2 quality sessions (hard and fast workouts) and the rest are easy runs (3-6 miles).
• I didn’t have any races in August. I am excited about 2 races in September – Run Mag Mile and ZOOMA Great Lakes.
• Final Thoughts: Even though August was “low” in mileage, I am happy with how it went. I am enjoying my runs and am happy to be working again with Mary.
So how did August go for you?
Linking up with Marcia, Patti, and Erika for Tuesdays on the Run.
• Recently there was a festival close to my house. It was a hot day but my mom and I checked it out. We had some tacos and funnel cake. I also saw the cutest bag. I almost bought it but it was $50. I know, I know. If I can spend hundreds of dollars on Tieks shoes and Brooks running shoes, then I can spend $50 on a bag.
• I received my new CTA (Ventra card). Check out the expiration date. It must be a mistake, right?
• My 2nd day with the kids went well. I have 21 students with a few that are very well behaved and also a few that will make this year a challenging one.
• Give me all of the Ticonderoga pencils. They’re my favorite and that is what I only use in my classroom. I tried to add that specific brand to this year’s supply list but that didn’t happen.
• I did a Labor Day activity with my students and they had to write what they want to be when they grow up. One of them said that he wants to be a police officer so he can eat donuts. 🙂