Disclaimer: I received a free entry to the Missoula Half Marathon, the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago, and the Detroit Free Press/TCF Bank Half Marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find and write race reviews!
Maybe summer will be here soon or maybe it won’t. In one day we can have 3 different seasons which is absolutely crazy. Regardless of whether it is cold, rainy, or hot, I have a couple of races planned for this year.
• Missoula Half Marathon, June 30 – I signed up for this race on December 16. That same day I also made my hotel reservation. I’ve been training for this race since then. At the end of May I realized that I didn’t have a flight reservation. I looked and it was too expensive. The cheapest from Midway was $619 (and it would take me 8 hours to get there) while the most expensive one was $1,060. I almost decided not to run the race because I didn’t want to pay that much money. Finally one day I found the shortest and cheapest flight. I paid $557 for the flight to Missoula. <<< In my opinion it is still too expensive. Holy frijoles! I am excited about it since many people have said it is a GREAT race. It will also be state #41 for me.
• Elmhurst 4 on the 4th, July 4 – This is a race I’ve been doing since 2013. I love the distance and the location. I would really, really like to get a PR. I am done and in my house with plenty of time to participate in the holiday festivities.
• Human Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago, July 21 – I’ve run the half marathon before but every year the weather is iffy. Last year it rained throughout the entire race (I was spectating) and it was scorching HOT in 2013. Thanks to BibRave I have the chance to run either the 5k, 10k, or half marathon. I asked my coach for her 2 cents. She told me that if I don’t run 13 miles that day, I would still need to do a long run. I guess the half marathon it is. Isn’t the medal pretty cool?
• Center of the Nation|Mainly Marathons, August 21-August 23 – I have not signed up but I will as soon as I can. The registration fee is $115 per race till August 1. I just realized that $115 is a lot of money for a half marathon. I don’t want to wait too long either because of the flight reservation. My first race is in Wyoming and Southwest doesn’t fly there so I would need to fly to Salt Lake City, Denver, or Boise and then take another flight or rent a car to Sundance, WY. The next races are in South Dakota and then North Dakota. I hope I can find someone to travel with me. I don’t mind traveling alone for one race but this is 3 races. I could use the company. Want to join me?
• Detroit Free Press, TCF Bank Half Marathon, October 20 – I am registered for the race, have airline and hotel reservation. Whew! If I end up doing the 3 races in August, this race will be state #45 for me. I’ve never been to Detroit but am more excited to travel to both downtown Detroit and Windsor, Ontario and crossing the border at both the Ambassador Bridge and Detroit-Windsor Tunnel.
I might add to my schedule the Santa Fe Thunder in New Mexico on September 15. Not sure how I would feel running another half marathon after running 3 of them 3 weeks before. Someone did warn me about the elevation but she also told me that it is a fun and well organized race. The race is point-to-point but with a 1,000 foot net downhill. This race will be #46 and then a race in South Carolina in December (#47) will leave me with 4 half marathons in 2020. Yes or no to the race in New Mexico?
p style=”text-align: center;”>This week’s Tuesday Topic: What are your Summer running plans and/or race schedule? You can write about this topic, or feel free to post any running related blog post. Remember to Link-up with Kim and Zenaida! Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!