• Recently there was a festival close to my house. It was a hot day but my mom and I checked it out. We had some tacos and funnel cake. I also saw the cutest bag. I almost bought it but it was $50. I know, I know. If I can spend hundreds of dollars on Tieks shoes and Brooks running shoes, then I can spend $50 on a bag.
• I received my new CTA (Ventra card). Check out the expiration date. It must be a mistake, right?
• My 2nd day with the kids went well. I have 21 students with a few that are very well behaved and also a few that will make this year a challenging one.
• Give me all of the Ticonderoga pencils. They’re my favorite and that is what I only use in my classroom. I tried to add that specific brand to this year’s supply list but that didn’t happen.
• I did a Labor Day activity with my students and they had to write what they want to be when they grow up. One of them said that he wants to be a police officer so he can eat donuts. 🙂
• I love potato chips! Add some hot sauce (Louisiana or Cholula) and that is my snack. However, these new chips from Lay’s don’t look tasty. Have you tried them?
• I don’t drink Gatorade like I used to but this one cracked me up.
• This one too. Gotta love Facebook for learning about these things. 🙂
• I took my car to National Tire and Battery for tire rotation/alignment and an oil change. The mechanic told me that they couldn’t do the rotation/alignment because my car needs new tires. I replaced them about 5-6 years ago. The decision I need to make now is if I want to keep my car (get new tires) or sell it (don’t get new tires). I love my car. I bought it in 2006. While a new one would be nice, the thought of making a car payment doesn’t sound appealing.
• I have a love/hate relationship with Strava. Honestly, I don’t see what the big deal is with it. I guess I feel this way because I have a Garmin and see my stats on the app or online. That gives me all of the information I need. I remember signing up for Strava because many people were signing up too. 😉 Am I missing something here?
I am excited to share that I have a running coach. After a few weeks of using the Hansons Half Marathon Method, I started working again with Mary. I worked with her and Rochelle while training for the Illinois Marathon. While the marathon didn’t go as I wanted it to, I enjoyed many of my workouts (even in the cold days of winter) and had a great time training with the both of them.
She sent me my schedule for August 12-26 and I got really excited when I saw it. Most of my runs are easy runs (4-6 miles) but I also have a few quality sessions (warm up and cool down with 6 x 30 second intervals, 8 x 30 second intervals, and 8 x 1 minute intervals). >> I already did the 1st two quality sessions and did very well in them.
My sister and nephew live in San Antonio so my mother and I went to visit them. It went by fast! We arrived on Thursday and came back on Tuesday (last week). Our original return date was Monday but the flight was delayed from 6:30pm to 9:30pm. We would have been getting in at midnight so we decided to stay another day.
The last time I went in the summer, I remember it being very hot. This time it wasn’t too bad. I was able to do 2 easy runs, one in the morning and one in the evening.
We spent the days at home relaxing and also visiting my aunt and cousins. My aunt made mole and I helped my mother make tamales. They’re delicious but so much work. We had a great time but I was looking forward to coming back home. I missed Lola and I think she missed me too! 🙂
Summer break is over! I went back to work on Monday. I worked on my room prior to my San Antonio trip but didn’t finish everything. I went again on Friday. I stayed late on Monday and I’m still not done but pleased with how it is.
Here is what my first week with Mary looked like for me!
Sunday: 5 miles easy on a humid day in San Antonio.
Monday: 4 miles easy also in San Antonio. I did this in the evening so it wasn’t as humid.
Wednesday: 4.85 miles which consisted of 2 warmup, 6×30 seconds w/1 minute recovery, and 2 cooldown.
Thursday: 4 miles easy
Friday: 5.23 miles which consisted of 2 warmup, 8×30 seconds w/1 minute recovery, and 2 cooldown.
• Shrimp cocktail is simply the best! Recently I was in San Antonio and went to El Bucanero with my sister and mom. It may look small but it was filling. We talked about how we are going to make it at home and I am looking forward to it! By the way, I LOVE, LOVE, shrimp.
• If I had $100, I would buy a pencil sharpener for my classroom. Every classroom needs a good sharpener. My coworker and I have been checking one out on Amazon. The cheapest we saw it was around $60 and now it is over $140. We regret not buying it when it was $60.
• How can cats sleep so much? Is this the laziest cat or what?
• A friend of mine let me borrow his Apple Airpods. At first I was skeptical about it. I thought for sure they would fall out while running. He assured me they would not and he was right! I bought my own pair and am excited about it.
• While in San Antonio my sister and I talked about shows we’ve watched or are watching on Netflix. She brought up “Frasier”. I remember watching it and also remember the ending. I started watching it from the beginning and it is just as funny as I can remember. 🙂 🙂 I like that each episode is about 22 minutes so I can go through a few of them in a day.
• So true. I definitely need the one on the right.
• How do you like your steak? I could go for #3 and maybe the next one..on the right. Please don’t unfriend me. 🙂
• I went to set up my classroom and it is almost done. I can say it is about 95% done. Feels good to be almost done. Some other little things will be done when I go back on the 20th. I also need to work on my library and a substitute teacher folder.
• Have you tried this cream cheese? It is so good.