• I forgot how exhausting it is the first few days of school. OMG! Everything hurts! I’ve missed a few runs because I am too tired in the morning and in the evening to run.
• I mentioned last week that I was debating on a TV to buy. I decided to buy the Toshiba. Wow, I’m amazed with all of the things available in a smart TV. My sister found a movie for cats on Amazon Prime and Lola enjoys it. 🙂
• Fall may be next month but it is still too early for pumpkin flavored coffee. Has anyone tried this cold brew from Starbucks? It does look yummy!
• Haha, yes. Most of my friends post photos of their kids. I don’t have any but always post photos of Lola. Please don’t unfollow me on Instagram. 🙂
• I am really tired right now and don’t have anything else to share. Sigh. I am ready to go to sleep and hopefully wake up early enough to run.
Hey there! It is Tuesday again and almost the end of August. The days and weeks are definitely going by too fast. September is around the corner and that will leave us with 4 months left for 2019. 🙂
This week’s Tuesday Topic is a FREE topic. Feel free to post any running related blog post. Remember to link-up with Kim and Zenaida! Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!
To date I’ve run over 150 races ranging from 5ks and ultra marathons. I’ve also done two relay races (Ragnar Relay Chicago and Illinois Marathon Relay). Right now I am focusing on completing my goal of running a half marathon in each state. I have 10 more to go. However, there are a few races I would love to run one day.
Boston Marathon It seems like almost every runner would love to do this race. However, the qualifying times still make it difficult for me. Remember, I am a “slow” turtle. Right now I need a 3:55 to qualify but most likely need a 3:50 to maybe guarantee a spot. A big maybe.
Marine Corps Marathon I’ve run this race before but now I would like to run it “officially”. Enough said, you get my point. Once I am done with my goal, this is the marathon I plan to run.
Credit Union Cherry Blossom 10-Miler I love running in DC and enjoy 10 mile races. These two make the perfect race. I know so many people that have run this race and have enjoyed it. I want to be a part of it too. Next year’s race will be on April 5th with the lottery opening up in early December. A lottery for a 10 miler race? Yep, it is that popular.
Little Rock Marathon I ran the half marathon in 2013 but when I saw the medal for the marathon, I knew I had to go back one day and run the marathon. That thing is as big as your face!
Yes, only 4 races on my list. Have you run any of those races? What’s on your bucket list?
I am sure you are tired hearing about the end of my summer break. This will be my last post about it. 🙂 Honestly, I cannot believe I start work tomorrow. Now the countdown will be for winter break. The first day of winter break is December 23rd. 🙂
I had a good week of running. I ran 4 days for a total of 22 miles. I had meetings Monday and Tuesday so I was able to run on Monday morning. It wasn’t too hot and it was cloudy. Thursday was again 4 miles and that run felt good too.
Saturday morning was 10 miles. I was hoping to be out and running by 5:30 am but didn’t start till about an hour later. It was sunny but windy too. Heading north was fine but then on the way back was tough for me. I almost stopped running with less than 2 miles to go but didn’t. Glad I kept going since the last mile was my fastest.
Sunday was another 4 miles. Nice and easy without worrying about pace. Mile splits were 11:49, 11:49, 11:52, and 11:55. All positive splits!!! 🙂 So far this month I’ve run 55.59 miles. I won’t make it to 100 but at least I will run more than I did in July (58.72 miles).
How was your week? Are you kids back in school yet?
Linking up with Kim and Deborah for the Weekly Run Down.
• Law or no law, it still amazes me how many drivers I see that use their phone while driving. It is weird how much we depend on our phones and everything we do has to be done right there and then. Remember when we had to get home in order to find out if someone had called or simply to make a phone call?
• I’ve had the same TV in my living room since 2001 or 2002. I’ve moved several times and I’ve brought that TV with me. Lately it doesn’t always turn on or off. Time to get a new one. However, there are so many out there that it is overwhelming! All I want is a TV to watch CBS and to use it for Netflix and Amazon Prime. These two are the ones I like.
• I am a sucker for pens. I have so many in my classroom and tell myself to stop buying them. I really don’t need more. I found an “old” pen in my mom’s room and remember liking it. I then found a set on Amazon and ordered it. Love, love, and love them. They write so smooth and they make me happy.
• Saw these car magnets at Michaels and regret not buying them. Now I need to go back and get them.
• Tamales today, tomorrow, and forever. Sigh. I will never get tired of them. Definitely not the healthiest thing to eat but always so delicious.
Hey there! How is everyone doing? How is it that summer break is almost over. While I am sad about it, I am also excited for a new school year.
This week’s Tuesday Topic: What’s your pre-race routine? You can write about this topic, or feel free to post any running related blog post. Remember to link-up with Kim and Zenaida! Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!
I am lucky that my stomach can handle pretty much anything. One of the things I have to be careful about is eating too much spicy food. What happens is that the next morning I tend to spend an extra few minutes in the bathroom. I LOVE spicy food but try not to eat too much of it.
Where it is before a run or a race, I always have coffee. As a matter of fact, even if I am not running, I always have coffee first thing in the morning. I love the taste and the smell. If I am running less than 6 miles then I don’t eat anything. For longer runs I eat an Orgain Organic Protein Bar (chocolate cookie dough is my favorite). I drink my coffee and eat my protein bar while getting ready. If I am staying at a hotel, I find out if the hotel is offering a free breakfast and I usually get a bagel.
I try to have my clothes and gear ready the night before so that I can quickly get dressed. Oh yeah and so that I don’t forget anything.
Depending on the distance, I may drink UCAN on the way to a run or race. I’ve tried Cranberry Raspberry, Chocolate, Orange, and Cocoa Delite. My favorite one is Chocolate. Sometimes I make a gel with UCAN.
I’ve run over 100 races and still get nervous before a race. When will I learn? Being nervous makes me go a lot to the bathroom. I have counted and have sometimes used the port-a-potties 3-4 times before a race. Yikes!
Do you have your gear and clothes ready before a race? Have you forgotten something and realized it right before a race?