• Lola is not a fan of Christmas trees. I have a little one and right away she knocked it down. She is lucky she is cute and that I love her. 🙂
This is what I need to do.
• Did anyone take advantage of the $2.95 sale at Bath and Body Works? I was at the mall and casually walked in because I had a $15 gift card. There were so many people and it was because of the sale. I ended up with 5 bottles and only had to pay 86 cents.
• All I want for Christmas is a Peloton bike. Hopefully next year I can get one for sure.
• This made me laugh because my coworkers and I are obsessed with all of the pens and markers. I bought 3 boxes during Black Friday and love them!
• To me holiday/Christmas songs are just songs. They remind me of when I was a kid and would sing them. Now there is so much controversy it is annoying.
• This will be me next week. 🙂
• Very true! We need to stop being so judgemental. No one is perfect.
• Not running has actually been going OK. I have a meniscus injury and haven’t run since Sunday. It is better and am planning to run again on Monday. Since I am in a StepBet Challenge, I have been doing a lot of waking in the evening. It is actually going well and I’ve been enjoying my walks. Today I did 18,645 steps. Since Monday I’ve done 65,092 steps. Yikes!
• You know how much I love my cat. I ordered a 2019 calendar from Walgreens full of Lola pictures. 🙂 I am definitely a crazy cat lady, right?
• I do not remember the last time gas was this cheap.
• You know I am OBSESSED with Tieks. Got these on Monday. I also ordered Ruby Red and I’d bet those will look pretty for the holidays.
• Just a reminder.
• November clearly just flew by. It was a great birthday month. I had few days off for Thanksgiving break which was wonderful. However, I did get sick one weekend and spent two days on the sofa. I felt better on Monday and went to work but still had a cough that lasted about 4 days. I was constantly tired. I couldn’t get up early in the morning to run because I was so tired and just wanted to sleep. So I didn’t run. It was until a week later that I finally felt better enough to run. I did 2 miles and it felt tough.
About 2 weeks ago I started feeling some pain on the right side of my left knee. I thought it would get better so I kept running. It didn’t get better. I went to the chiropractor and he told me I have a meniscus injury and not to run for a week.
• Ran 54.14 miles. It was a slow month for me. Getting sick really took a toll on me. I thought that this was the lowest month but it isn’t. The winner is May with 49.44 miles. As of December 3rd, I am now 84% done of my yearly goal. There are 28 days left in 2018 and I still need to run 185 miles to achieve my goal. Yeah, definitely NOT happening. 🙂
• Total time running was 11:03:24.
• Despite it being a slow month, I still had some great runs.
• 13 days of running. In May it was 12 days.
• No races for me. I was supposed to run the RnR Savannah but then last minute couldn’t make it. I am planning my races for 2019 and have a few in mind such as the Garmin Half Marathon (KS) and the Missoula Half Marathon (MT).
• Final Thoughts: It was a slow month for me. It started off good but then got sick which affected me more than I was expecting it to. Now this injury happened and I am back to resting and no running.
So how did November go for you?
Linking up with Marcia, Patti, and Erika for Tuesdays on the Run.
• I signed up for the StepBet challenge. It is harder than I thought. Each week (for 6 weeks) I have 4 active days (15,310 steps), 2 power days (18,511 steps) and 1 rest day. The first week was a warmup so if I didn’t meet any of my goals, I would still be in the competition. We started off with 546 players and we are now at 457 players.
• Have you ever tried Coquito? Me neither. Saw this recipe and plan to make it. Pretty easy.
• This cold brew from Califia is actually pretty good. The taste isn’t too strong but yet enough to enjoy. Saw it at Target for $2.49 each container.
• I love avocado but was not very impressed with fried avocado fries. I mean they are good but not in an out of this world great.
• I hate snow. While it may look pretty for about 10 seconds, there is nothing pretty about it once it melts or it turns to ice. We got our first snowstorm on Monday. Chicago didn’t get too much (not enough to cancel school) but various other suburbs did while prompted districts to cancel school. Forget running outside.
• I am bummed that I didn’t get accepted into the 2019 NYC Half Marathon. On the bright side, I am saving money so maybe now I can get another pair of Tieks shoes. 🙂
• Happy Thanksgiving! I love this day. It is not just about the food and being thankful for everything. It is also about family. And yes, I am thankful for many things in my life: friends, family, job, and good health.
• My birthday was on Tuesday. Started off the day with running 4.6 miles. I had a good day with friends and family members wishing me happy birthday. My coworker treated me to tacos. We had to eat quick because we only have 30 minutes for lunch. My students made lots of cards for me.
• Any Narcos fans? I watched the whole season Saturday and Sunday and LOVED it!! Diego Luna is awesome. Just wished he wasn’t the bad guy.
• Yes, more pens and markers. Got these on sale at Target for $15 each. My coworkers and I are obsessed with them. Now that means soups and sandwiches for lunch till the end of the year. 🙂
• You know I am OBSESSED with Brooks shoes. Got these on Tuesday. I think I have enough shoes for now. Or do I? I know it is around January that the newest version of the Launch are available for sale.