After Sunday’s weather fiasco, it warmed up to do some runs in shorts! I was supposed to run 5 miles on Monday but had no desire to deal with the snow and did my run on Tuesday.
Thursday’s workout was 2 miles warmup, 6×25 seconds intervals with 90 seconds recovery, and 2 miles cooldown. The warmup and cooldown felt more tough than the intervals. I am pretty pleased with how I did though!
It did rain for bit while I was out there but I was home by the time it began to rain more. While out on my run I saw a few male workers. I moved to the other side of the street because I had no desire to deal with any comments/catcalls. Would they have said something? Maybe, I don’t know. There have been a few times that some men have made some comments. So annoying.
We also had some sunny but windy days where it was got cold. On Friday I struggled just to run 3 miles. I am loving again the Brooks Levitate 1. Bought a pair at Nordstrom and purchased another pair from eBay. I like those so much better than the 2s and definitely more than the Brooks Glycerin (sending those back).
I procrastinated my run on Saturday. I slept in till 8:30 and still did not feel like running. I was on my computer for a few hours before deciding to get out. I had to do 8 miles but did not want to do that with it being so windy. I took some Generation UCAN and filled my water bottles with UCAN Hydrate.
It was awful. I was OK for 3 miles and then the wind sucked everything out of me. I almost cried. I wanted to quit. The reason I didn’t is because of my race next weekend. My coach wanted me to do some miles at marathon pace but I didn’t and I didn’t care. The way I was feeling I just wanted to finish the 8 miles.
Linking up with Kim and Deborah for the Weekly Run Down.
• You all know about my love for Ticonderoga pencils. For sure it will be C and then A.
• Thanks to Facebook for the reminders. Last year on April 15 was in the 70s. This year we had snow.
• I don’t mess with sleep. I’m a Scorpio and 1 hour is not enough.
• I registered yesterday for the Publix Atlanta Half Marathon for next year. I don’t remember having to answer these questions on other registration forms. Seriously they want to know my marital status and ethnicity?
• Our administrators treated us to a salad bar. It was totally unexpected but definitely nice. It definitely inspired me to eat more salads during lunch. I had two plates but was still hungry at 2pm (my lunch is at 11:30am).
So far most of my runs have been less than 6 miles. I do not miss marathon training AT ALL. I had a chance to sign up for the NYC Marathon, Marine Corps Marathon, and/or the Chicago Marathon through BibRave and was tempted for a bit, but at the end decided not to. Right now I want to focus on finishing up my Race in the 50 States +1 Goal. In a few weeks I will run in my 40th state.
Since almost all of my runs are in the morning before work, after each run I recover by drinking lots of water with Nuun or UCAN Hydrate (Watermelon is my favorite). I make coffee and drink that on my way to work. Once I am at work I eat overnight oats or chia seeds with Orgain Protein Powder (chocolate is my favorite), Moringa, and almond milk.
On the weekends I will eat whatever I can find at home (not the best strategy) or sometimes I will make a smoothie or drink an Orgain shake. If I am really tired (whether from running or work), I will spend the day on the couch watching TV. Sometimes I will also take a nap. Lola and I love to nap.
After a longer run or a race, I crave a burger and beer. 🙂
I have a few recovery tools but rarely use them. I know I should. 🙁 Once in a while I will use my foam roller but that’s it. However, I prefer to use The Stick.
This week’s Tuesday Topic: What are your favorite recovery tools? You can write about this topic, or feel free to post any running related blog post. Remember to link up with Kim and Zenaida! Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!
On Wednesday our school had our STEAM Family Night. A coworker and I planned most of it and it was A LOT of work! All of our work paid off because we had a great turnout that night. We had about 20 stations/activities and they were managed by some of our students and from the junior high school.
It was a very casual race with no chip time. I started right at the front but then many people passed me up. 🙂 5Ks can be fun but are also tough. I never know how to pace myself. The best part of this race is that my coworker won Overall Female!
I always complain about race swag but this time I actually like what was in the bag!
I didn’t do good with my runs this week. I had a great run on Monday and happily ran in shorts and a short sleeve top. Then Mother Nature had one of her moods and brought back the cold weather. Even though it did warm up a bit in the afternoon/evening, I had no desire to deal with the colder weather in the morning and definitely did not want to run after school.
Today we got more snow! UGH!!
Linking up with Kim and Deborah for the Weekly Run Down.
• Happy that tomorrow is Friday. It is almost the weekend. Going back to work on Monday was tough, but overall it wasn’t too bad. The students did pretty good (maybe they were still tired) and the days did go by quickly. Yesterday was our STEAM Family Night at school and we had a decent turnout. I was EXHAUSTED at the end of the evening.
• We had some great weather at the beginning of the week and now we are back to cold weather. I ran in shorts and short sleeve top on Monday morning. Also, I slept in shorts on Tuesday night but had to wear pants and a sweatshirt on Wednesday because I was so cold. It is supposed to warm up (again) and hopefully it will stay that way.
• I rarely buy anything from the vending machine. I saw that there is an option to pay with a credit card or Apply Pay. Love the convenience because I rarely have cash with me since I’d rather pay for everything with my credit card.
• It always irks me when I cannot find parking in front of my house. My street has lots of two flats so there are many families with multiple cars that live on my street. That means sometimes it is hard to find parking. Well maybe that isn’t entirely true. There are some spots but that requires me to walk more than I want to. 🙂 It makes me smile when I can find a spot almost in front of where I live. What makes it even better is that sometimes I can find a spot at night!
• I always struggle with the desk setup for my students. There is always going to be someone that doesn’t get along with others or requires more attention than others. I saw this on Facebook and want to use it in my room but do not know which option to use. Something else I need to remember is that I have 35 days left of school. Should I change my setup or leave it the way it is? 🙂