• It is the little things that make me smile. I can never find a parking spot in front of where I live. I live close to a corner so I usually find parking there. Not too far but it is annoying that I can’t park in front of where I live. This week I parked not once, not twice, but three times in front. Lucky me!
• I rarely win anything so I was surprised to get this email from Starbucks. I won a stationery set. Cannot wait to get it!
• Wednesday was a half day at school and we had a late Thanksgiving feast. I went to the gym to eat my lunch (where our meeting was taking place). I was very surprised to see a placemat made by one of my former students. Sure made me smile!
• Saw this pen at work and it made my day.
• Another salad kit recall. Yep, stick with cake. 🙂
Happy Tuesday! Hopefully you’re staying warm wherever you are. We had a few “nice” days but now it is going to be C-O-L-D.
This week’s Tuesday Topic: Show us your year in bling! You can write about this topic or feel free to post any running related blog post. Remember to Link-up with Kim and Zenaida! Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!
This year I ran a total of 5 races compared to 6 in 2018 and 10 in 2017. However, I did run in 3 different states so I am happy with my 5 races. Even though I ran 5 races, I “only” got 4 medals. 🙂
Here are my races and medals:
⇒ Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle – This is one of my favorite races and I LOVE it! It was my first race of the year and it is always so much fun. I saw quite a few friends, including Marcia and Wendy.
⇒ Missoula Half Marathon – I’ve heard so many great things about this race. It is well organized but expensive to get there. Hotels are expensive too. The course is nice and mostly downhill.
⇒ Elmhurst 4 on the 4th – This is another one of my favorite races. It is cheap, easy to get it, and plenty of parking. Plus, it is the only 4 mile race I run. Sadly there is no medal but that is OK. Maybe one year?
⇒ Detroit Free Press/TCF Bank Half Marathon – This was my last race of the year. I was undertrained but I definitely enjoyed the race. I ran the International Half Marathon and about half of the course is in Canada. This is one race that you have to to. Everything about this race is simply perfect.
Last week I wrote about a pain in my foot. I blamed it on my shoes. My coach told me it was tight calves and told me to make sure I stretched and foam rolled. I also started running again in my Brooks Levitate 1. They feel so soft and comfortable.
Monday was 3 miles and on Tuesday it was 1 mile. It was all I could handle both days. I also mentioned being more tired than usual and sneezing a lot. I sent a message to my doctor asking about an allergy test but she has not written back. I went to Target and bought the store brand of Claritin. I took one last night but today still sneezed but not as much as before.
I was supposed to run Wednesday but take a guess as to why I didn’t? I thought I could do it after school but I stayed till about 5:30 working on a project and came home for dinner and to rest. I ended up running the next day and it felt great.
2 miles on Friday was the perfect distance to start off the weekend. I went to the bathroom in the middle of the night and came back to Mateo getting comfortable on my bed. 🙂 So cool seeing all of the Christmas decorations.
Saturday was 7 miles on my calendar but I woke up with an achy body. I thought I had a fever so I took a Tylenol and stayed on the couch till about noon. Then my mother and I did some errands followed by a late lunch. We came home and I took a nap!
My foot is feeling much better. The top of it is no longer tender. Even my plantar doesn’t hurt as much. These running injuries suck but I am so happy that so far I am feeling better.
This morning I took Mateo to PAWS to be neutered. I picked him up at 4pm and he is doing fine. I hope my little baby isn’t in too much pain.
Less than 2 weeks to go till Winter Break? Yes, I am EXCITED!!
This week was not great running wise but sometimes that is how it is. Hopefully next week is better. I decided not to run the Kiawah Half Marathon. I am definitely not ready for it and don’t want to go undertrained like I did for the Detroit Half Marathon I did in October.
Linking up with Kim and Deborah for the Weekly Run Down.
• Saw this at Target and it made me laugh! I almost bought it but I have way too many mugs.
• Part of me wants to make this in a big poster and put in my classroom. 🙂
• Smudge is HILARIOUS!!! Here is another great meme.
• Every few months there is street cleaning in my neighborhood. This was the sign that was posted for the week of Thanksgiving. I’m sorry but why would there be street cleaning on Friday when most likely people are home? I was annoyed but luckily I had to take my car to the shop so I wasn’t even home.
• Lately I have been very tired. More tired than usual. I also have been sneezing a lot. Could it be the weather? Age? Who knows but I am tired of being tired. And here is another cute photo of my babies. 🙂
How is it that it is already December? Going back to work after a few days off for Thanksgiving Break was exhausting. My kids were still in vacation zone and let me just say that no on was in the mood to work.
This week’s Tuesday Topic: Holiday gifts for runners. You can write about this topic or feel free to post any running related blog post. Remember to Link-up with Kim and Zenaida! Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!
A few things that I like are: ⇒ Balega Socks – I love SmartWool but now am loving Balega socks. My favorite are the ultralight/ultraglide socks. They’re thin but yet cushioned enough to provide enough support.
⇒ Road ID – I never take mine off. Yes, I even shower with it. 🙂 Mine has two of my sisters’ contact information in case of an emergency.
⇒ Gift cards – I get my running shoes from Running Warehouse or Zappos. I love that they offer FREE shipping. If for some reason you change your mind, you can also send them back for free. I run in Brooks shoes and have the Launch, Ghost, and Levitate.
⇒ Garmin watch – So many great ones out there now. I love mine. I have a 225 and have had it for 4 years. Mine is simple and I use it to track my shoes mileage, pace, distance, and time.