Race in the 50+1 States
- GA, Publix Georgia Half Marathon, March 22
- VT, Covered Bridges Half Marathon, June 7
- ME, Shipyard Old Port Half Marathon, July 11
There are a few more I plan to do but still working on logistics:
- NM, Albuquerque Half Maraton, April 18
- ND, Fargo Half Marathon, May 9
- HI, Kona Half Marathon, June 28
- NY, Divas Half Marathon, October 4 or SD, Run Crazy Horse Half Marathon, October 4
So that is 7 new states this year for a total of 39. Wow, I was hoping to be in the 40s at the end of this year so I will need to add a few more races to my list. Let me check out those cities that I can get to on Southwest. I live about 5 minutes away from Midway Airport so there is no doubt as to which airline to use.
As I complete a race in a new state I get excited because I am so much closer to completing my goal. I am hoping this year I get to truly enjoy each race instead of focusing on time. Although I would like to one day run a sub-2 half marathon. To date my best time is 2:17:03 at the ING Hartford Half Marathon in 2013.
I am also excited this year to run the Illinois Marathon as a relay member for “Team Faster than Snails”. For sure that race will be just for fun! Oh, and I am still hoping to run Ragnar Relay Chicago. So far we’ve had 2 snow days and now my last day of school is June 9 (Tuesday). Team members meet on Thursday evening to start on Friday morning. A couple more snow days and for sure I won’t be able to run in the relay. No more snow!!
Come run with me! Where are you running? Can I tag along?