*Week #2, September 28-October 4
- PLAN – OFF
- ACTUAL – OFF
- PLAN – 3 miles
- ACTUAL – 6 miles and 10 strides
I did Wednesday’s workout because I was planning to go downtown for a fun run with City Fit Girls. The weather was in the low 60s which is ideal running weather. My legs were tired in the first mile but then felt better and I pushed it a little. Ran faster than I was supposed to but just ran by feel. Total 6.02 @10:22 average pace. Splits are:
- PLAN –6 miles and 10 strides
- ACTUAL – 3 miles @10:13 average pace
I did not make it downtown. Instead, I came home and took a nap. I know it was only 3 miles but I didn’t even want to do that run. It always happens that the run that you do not want to do always ends up being a great run. Must have been the nap. 🙂 Splits are:
- PLAN- 1 mile warm up, 4 x 400 @ 8:30 with 400 recovery, 1 mile cool down
- ACTUAL- 4 miles @12:53 pace
I went to the gym to do this run. I was surprised I had to do a speed workout a week before the marathon. I thought taper week was all about taking it easy. I did warmup and cooldown at 11:18 pace and 400s at 8:32. I walked during each recovery. The 8:32 pace felt hard but manageable and I had to hold on for a few seconds towards the end. However, I felt much better during the 3rd and 4th one and ran longer until I had to hold on again.
- PLAN – OFF
- ACTUAL- OFF
- PLAN- 10 miles with last 3 being at 10:30’s
- ACTUAL- Total 10 miles @11:43 average pace
I almost went back to bed when I saw the weather. I had no desire to run in the rain and “cold” weather again. I woke up late so I decided to run later in the day. I looked out the window and saw that it had stopped raining so I got ready and went to Fleet Feet. I had to run alone since the groups had already left for their run.
This was a tough run because it was cold and windy along the lakefront. I struggled. I almost gave up after mile 5 but saw another running group and decided to run with them (run 4/walk 2) and then ran the last 3 miles alone.
Mile 3-14:53<==I stopped to take some pictures and forgot to turn off Garmin.
Mile 10-9:38 <==Pleased with it. I was annoyed that I could not get 10:30s for miles 8 and 9.
I went back to the store and was pleased to see my name on the list of runners.
The end of the day calls for a nap and/or resting with Lola.
- PLAN- Yoga
- ACTUAL- Half an hour of yoga
My coach made it clear that I was not to miss my yoga class. I was only there for half an hour. I could not keep up with the moves/positions and got frustrated. I came home to stretch and foam roll.
*Runs on treadmill are done on 1% incline.
- My last week of training before the marathon. Do I feel ready? Absolutely! Am I scared and nervous? Absolutely too!
- Taper madness? I am the opposite. I don’t want to run anymore this week.
- I am looking forward to shorter runs. My next big race is RnR NOLA Half Marathon in February. I’ve run 62 half marathons and have yet to finish one under 2 hours. My fastest is 2:17:01 at the ING Hartford Half Marathon on 10-12-13. So my goal for this race is to finish under 2 hours.